PDA

View Full Version : OL to play better from here on out?

trapezeus
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
anyone want to guess that the OL has taken a beating from the coaches and the players and from themselves for allowing trent to get knocked out of a game? Do you think maybe this is the wake up call to the team to start protecting better?

Personally, i do think that they'll be a lot better in the chargers game. just a feeling.

hydro
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
There is no way people are getting on them for getting Trent hurt. It wasn't their fault!

Patti120
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I sure as hell hope they start blocking better b/c it has not been good thus far!

Tatonka
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
well, the play that wilson hit trent, i dont think it was on the oline.. that was a blitz.. but in general, and specifically peters, has let trent take some nasty shots. they need to wake up.

BAM
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
anyone want to guess that the OL has taken a beating from the coaches and the players and from themselves for allowing trent to get knocked out of a game? Do you think maybe this is the wake up call to the team to start protecting better?

Personally, i do think that they'll be a lot better in the chargers game. just a feeling.
I was actually thinking the same thing earlier today. Our coaching has been way above average with their second half adjustments. Let's hope they can do the same in regards to the second half of the season. Our running game absolutely HAS to pick up.

DrGraves
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
melvin fowler is ****. on sunday watch him for a few plays and you'll see how every play that gets blown up is his fault.

trapezeus
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
i wasn't saying that the play he got hurt was their fault per se, just saying that it's a wake up call. the guy has been blind sided and taken some unnecessary abuse for being the biggest line. and if they had the run game rolling, then the pressure is off edwards.

i am hoping that the bills second half of the season performance picks up as well

LABillsFan
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
That hit totally falls onto TE's lack of experience. The line protecting him better is a different story. The line isn't going to improve that much until the FO upgrades through the draft of FA.

LABillsFan
10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
i wasn't saying that the play he got hurt was their fault per se, just saying that it's a wake up call. the guy has been blind sided and taken some unnecessary abuse for being the biggest line. and if they had the run game rolling, then the pressure is off edwards.

i am hoping that the bills second half of the season performance picks up as well

It's been an issue since the second game. Thats 4 games they have had time to work on it and TE continues to get trounced. The line's flaws are obvious.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 01:54 AM
No. Fowler can't play any better than what he's shown.

We really, really, really need to fix that in the offseason so we can actually (gasp) run the ball up the middle and not watch some douchebag blow up the center of our line consistently on all downs.

jamze132
10-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Fowler isn't worth Losman's ass tulips.

RedEyE
10-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I honestly don't think the pass protection has been that much of a problem. It seems to me that the offense as a whole has gotten off to a slow start throughout most of the season in each of the games, but the line has done its job with the game on the line. Losman holds the ball much too long and Edwards quick release is what landed Losman on the bench to begin with.

With being said, I would defihnitly like to see some better run blocking. Lynch and Jackson should be getting better holes than what's been provided so far this year.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2008, 08:00 AM
well, the play that wilson hit trent, i dont think it was on the oline.. that was a blitz.. but in general, and specifically peters, has let trent take some nasty shots. they need to wake up.

Guys, that was a designed play!! There was no blocker assigned at all.