Anyone nervous about the monday nighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Anyone nervous about the monday nighter?

Anderson could put up some healthy numbers on us
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Anyone nervous about the monday nighter?

nah, not nervous at all. The Browns are at home. If this was in Giants stadium, it wouldn't have the same result.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

DA is having one good game against a team due to loose.. and at home with his job on the line.
      I think he'll come back down to earth after tonight and start playing like the earlier part of the season
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

see... brownies run back the pick... the giants were due to loose.
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

This just adds to the prove that every single team in the NFL (no matter how great) has a bad game every now and then...If only Buffalo fans realize this as well, this place will be much better off.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Giants came in way overconfident. And if anything, hopefully Tony G is watching the Giants and saying "playing for Buffalo might not be so bad."

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
              This just adds to the prove that every single team in the NFL (no matter how great) has a bad game every now and then...If only Buffalo fans realize this as well, this place will be much better off.
              we didn't have one bad game. We had FOUR bad games. Fortunately, 3 of them were against teams that either sucked or were injured.

This Browns game made me nervous ever since the schedule came out because the Bills play like **** when the pressure is on. The Cards showed the Browns how to beat us and I think it's going to be another long night.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                we didn't have one bad game. We had FOUR bad games. Fortunately, 3 of them were against teams that either sucked or were injured.
                That is simply not true.

Are you saying Jacksonville or Seattle was a bad game? I am not sure which one a logical person could say was bad. The Bills dominated Seattle and shut down Taylor and Jones-Drew against the Jaguars. If you say it is a bad game, you are must being trying to live up to your "negative" reputation and are not looking at the games objectively.

As for the other two games, the Rams beat Washington this week and Raiders have kept many games close. (including San Diego) Not to mention the Bills beat the Rams by 17. Yes, it took the full game to do so, but in the end it was not close. Perhaps, those teams are not as horrible as you project them to be.

You are only thinking the Bills play a good game if they dominate for four quarters and win by 20+. That simply does not happen in the NFL very often, especially to young teams.

You are setting the bar way too high for a good game. They are 4-1 and you are ripping them apart as if they are 1-4.

Can you give them any credit at all? Or is it time to blow up the team (i.e. Dump Trent, Lynch, Evans, and the rest) and start anew? Clearly in your eyes they are not good enough.

In the grand scheme, the goal is to win. Winning big is nice, but it does not always happen. Good teams lose games. Hell, the Giants are getting blown out by the Browns. If the Bills did that you would go nuts. Do you think the Giants are bad? Is Dallas bad? The Redskins?

If you micro-analyze every team and every game like you do the Bills, you will see that even the top teams have imperfections.

Maybe, just maybe, those teams appear to "suck" because the Bills are better than they were that week.

Of course you also assume that the Browns can beat the Bills the same way and that it will work as well with no adjustements.

Being critical is one thing; but giving no credit and being constant doom and gloom and negative is another. DiscoTrish would be proud.

To summarize: Saying the Bills played "bad" against Jacksonville is without merit.

Here are somebody's post game comments:

Here we go again. It's the same tired old script that we've seen the last two years. The Bills are in a close game against a quality opponent. They get a small lead, become conservative on offense and go dormant. Meanwhile, the D spends too much time on the field and eventually gives up a big play. It comes down to either one last desperate attempt to score, or one last defensive stand for a team that does not respond well to pressure. Everything was exactly the same.

Except for the outcome.

The Bills went into a hostile environment against a tough defense in oppressive conditions. The offense- save for an excellent first drive- didn't play well. The D couldn't get off the field in the third quarter. Special teams were only "special" in the short bus sense.

But, somehow the Bills won. They showed signs of being a good team. Rookies and role players contributed. Some of the stars didn't play well but came through when it was needed the most.

And we came away with a crucial conference victory on a tough afternoon.

-The Bills actually resembled a good team. When the stars like Evans and Parrish struggled, role players came through and picked up the slack. That allowed Evans and Parrish to come through with big plays at the end of the game. I need to see more from this team before I'm ready to declare them "good", but that is the exact formula that good teams use to win.

-Two games don't erase two years, but for the first time since the post-Donahoe house-cleaning, I'm gaining confidence in this coaching staff.

-This team is starting to look good, yet most of the team is still young and many of the players have not reached their prime. They're only going to get better (barring injury, of course). Again, I'm not 100% convinced, but there are signs that, just maybe, the FO finally got it right.

So, is that guy way off base on his opinion of the Jags game? Because he made it sound like they did not play bad.
                Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-13-2008, 11:07 PM.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Eric Wright go "Primetime" to seal the deal.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      That is simply not true.

Are you saying Jacksonville or Seattle was a bad game? I am not sure which one a logical person could say was bad. The Bills dominated Seattle and shut down Taylor and Jones-Drew against the Jaguars. If you say it is a bad game, you are must being trying to live up to your "negative" reputation and are not looking at the games objectively.

As for the other two games, the Rams beat Washington this week and Raiders have kept many games close. (including San Diego) Not to mention the Bills beat the Rams by 17. Yes, it took the full game to do so, but in the end it was not close. Perhaps, those teams are not as horrible as you project them to be.

You are only thinking the Bills play a good game if they dominate for four quarters and win by 20+. That simply does not happen in the NFL very often, especially to young teams.

You are setting the bar way too high for a good game. They are 4-1 and you are ripping them apart as if they are 1-4.

Can you give them any credit at all? Or is it time to blow up the team (i.e. Dump Trent, Lynch, Evans, and the rest) and start anew? Clearly in your eyes they are not good enough.

In the grand scheme, the goal is to win. Winning big is nice, but it does not always happen. Good teams lose games. Hell, the Giants are getting blown out by the Browns. If the Bills did that you would go nuts. Do you think the Giants are bad? Is Dallas bad? The Redskins?

If you micro-analyze every team and every game like you do the Bills, you will see that even the top teams have imperfections.

Maybe, just maybe, those teams appear to "suck" because the Bills are better than they were that week.

Of course you also assume that the Browns can beat the Bills the same way and that it will work as well with no adjustements.

Being critical is one thing; but giving no credit and being constant doom and gloom and negative is another. DiscoTrish would be proud.

To summarize: Saying the Bills played "bad" against Jacksonville is without merit.

Here are somebody's post game comments:

Here we go again. It's the same tired old script that we've seen the last two years. The Bills are in a close game against a quality opponent. They get a small lead, become conservative on offense and go dormant. Meanwhile, the D spends too much time on the field and eventually gives up a big play. It comes down to either one last desperate attempt to score, or one last defensive stand for a team that does not respond well to pressure. Everything was exactly the same.

Except for the outcome.

The Bills went into a hostile environment against a tough defense in oppressive conditions. The offense- save for an excellent first drive- didn't play well. The D couldn't get off the field in the third quarter. Special teams were only "special" in the short bus sense.

But, somehow the Bills won. They showed signs of being a good team. Rookies and role players contributed. Some of the stars didn't play well but came through when it was needed the most.

And we came away with a crucial conference victory on a tough afternoon.

-The Bills actually resembled a good team. When the stars like Evans and Parrish struggled, role players came through and picked up the slack. That allowed Evans and Parrish to come through with big plays at the end of the game. I need to see more from this team before I'm ready to declare them "good", but that is the exact formula that good teams use to win.

-Two games don't erase two years, but for the first time since the post-Donahoe house-cleaning, I'm gaining confidence in this coaching staff.

-This team is starting to look good, yet most of the team is still young and many of the players have not reached their prime. They're only going to get better (barring injury, of course). Again, I'm not 100% convinced, but there are signs that, just maybe, the FO finally got it right.

So, is that guy way off base on his opinion of the Jags game? Because he made it sound like they did not play bad.
                      For once, I'm not in the mood to argue so let's say I give you the Jags game. That still means we played 2 good games (Sea and Jax) and 3 bad games. We just happened to come away with wins because St. Louis and Oakland both suck.

You're so obsessed with giving credit that you can't see the larger picture. We can't play like we played the last 3 games and beat the Chargers or any AFCE team.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

This Browns game made me nervous ever since the schedule came out because the Bills play like **** when the pressure is on. The Cards showed the Browns how to beat us and I think it's going to be another long night.
                        Did you dicks have to get him started?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Did you dicks have to get him started?

Still think I'm "wrong" about the Browns being able to beat us on Monday night? They just dismantled a far better team than us on Monday night.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Nobody has said that they are not able to. Of course the Bills could win the game too.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Still think I'm "wrong" about the Browns being able to beat us on Monday night? They just dismantled a far better team than us on Monday night.
                              You are something man. I never said the Brown's couldn't beat us. Any team can beat any team on any day. My point was that a Monday night home crowd is an advantage for the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X