PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards

ghz in pittsburgh
10-14-2008, 07:57 AM
There are QBs who are never the same after suffering what Edwards got in Phoenix.

Listening to Edwards yesterday, I understand that he never had one before, like he couldn't remember anything after the hit.

It's only human nature that it's a scary experience.

For those QBs that are never the same again, the problem is that they started to worry about those pass rushers subconsciously. And just like the famous Bill Walsh quote - "if you start to peek at the pass rushers, you are done."

We'll see how Edwards reacts this Sunday.

This is also a big test for the O-Line. I believe this might be the first 3-4 defense we are facing this season. A 3-4 defense with a dominant nose tackle. You saw what Jamal Williams did to the Pats Sunday night, and you saw what Shaun Rodgers did to the Giants last night. Hopefully we don't have to say "see what Jamal Williams did to the Bills" next week. Someone in the middle - Dockery, Fowler, Butler - needs to have a good game.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Jim Kelly got his share of concussions. I remember one game where he couldn't find the huddle.

trapezeus
10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
wonder if trent will switch to the concussion helmet that TMQ talks about.

zone
10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Who are some of the QB's who went from hero to zero after concussions?

This is only Tent's first. Aikman had 10 and a darn good career. Steve Young, Roger Staubach, Jim Kelly, Joe Montana all had concussions and still played at high levels.

Trent will be fine.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Edwards will actually be better.

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
wonder if trent will switch to the concussion helmet that TMQ talks about.

will be interesting to see, though I got knocked out cold while wearing one, so they dont prevent them fully.

justasportsfan
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
We need him on the field to know if he's the franchise player we've been waiting for.