PDA

View Full Version : Need to know now (assuming Edwards plays) who wins and why?

HHURRICANE
10-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Even with Edwards I think this will be a game that will be hard to win. We lost some definate momentum in that Cardinals game.

This game is much more about our D and our offense's ability to control some clock. Leaving Philip Rivers out there with LT is going to give us the same result that we had with Kurt Warner.

If we had both Roscoe and McGee back on special teams I might feel that we could win some points via field position.

I liked this game a few weeks ago and now I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts??

TacklingDummy
10-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Going by both teams last game it doesn't look good for Buffalo.

mybills
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Buffalo wins.
Why?
Buffalo will have Trent, Roscoe, McGee and Stroud back, and the 12th man on their side.

Philagape
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Trenches. We'll need a second guy on Jamal Williams on every play (I should say first guy because I'm hesitant to count Fowler as existing). While SD runs a 3-4, it'll be like playing a 4-4.
LT is improving, and Gates will kill us

eddiehaskill
10-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Keep in mind that San Diego lost to Carolina and Miami and should have to Oakland so it hasn't been all wonderful for them. NE is overated.

On paper, I think our teams match up almost identical. Both teams have solid young QBs, two dynamic RBs, decent receivers and decent lines. On defense, with Merriman out we match up better at LB and they have us at CB. So I honestly think we are about even.

Now factor in the injury last game on the road, in Arizona and we just have to let it go. We are playing at home for the first time in a month and should be fired up. If our line and LBs can stop the ground game it should be game over. The only thing that worries me is how Edwards will bounce back.

mybills
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Forgot to mention, we're also coming off a bye so we're well rested. :up:

gil
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I think we have a good chance if Trent's playing and Stroud is healthier again.

Also, for San Diego, last week was like their superbowl - they had that game circled on the calendar since mini-camp - I don't think they'll have the same intensity they did.

I think the linesmakers kind of agree - they only have SD installed as a 1 1/2 pt. favorite.

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
regardless who plays for Buffalo...SD...they are that good.

mybills
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
According to Clayton, Trent will play.

HAMMER
10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
This game is going to be a tough one. Jamal Williams looked dominant against NE, if he is that good against Buffalo we will not win.