PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Week 6 Power Rankings

northernbillfan
10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Here it is open for discussion as usual:

Well I’m sure as many of you will see with my picks this week; I had a really BAD week all around. I guess it really is a good thing that Buffalo had the bye or who knows what would’ve happened on Sunday. I guess the good thing about this weekend is that my other Buffalo team is off to a 2-0 start and I enjoyed some entertaining games this Sunday, regardless of who won at the end. I caught the end of the Atlanta/Chicago game and that was GREAT and also the end of the Arizona/Dallas game. I absolutely love when Dallas loses. It’s like a circus in that locker room afterwards. I’ll be interested to see how the commissioner handles the Pacman Jones situation. I don’t know if Jerry Jones will have enough hush money to cover this one up. I'm going to blow through these rankings fairly quickly so enjoy!

1. Tennessee Titans (2): The Titans move up during their bye week thanks to Cleveland destroying the Giants on MNF. The Titans are the last unbeaten team this NFL season.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (5): The bye week came at a perfect time for a really banged up Pittsburgh team. With a few “easy” games coming up they can really build on their division lead.

3. TampaBay Buccaneers (10): TampaBay stunned me on Sunday with the way they beat Carolina. I’m assuming that Jeff Garcia will be left as the starting QB, which if he is it will make the Bucs are a very hard team to beat.

4. Buffalo Bills (8): The Bills moved up a few spots thanks to many of the top teams losing during the bye. We’ll see just how good Buffalo really is in the next few weeks. A big game against San Diego this week and then a few division games in a row will either set them apart from the rest or stick them right in the middle of the pack.

Full rankings (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/14/week_6_power_rankings.php)

Pride
10-14-2008, 09:20 AM
I stopped reading when you put the Steelers at #2

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Bills at #4? The Giants are still better than th Bills, despite a fugly loss.
:homer:

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I like the Tampa pick...

But the Bills at 4?

Giants, Cards, Eagles, Chargers could all be ranked ahead of us.

I'm thinking around 8th or 9th in rankings for the Bills, right now.

northernbillfan
10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Hard to rank the Bills when they didn't even play.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Hard to rank the Bills when they didn't even play.

I don't remember where you had them last week....they shouldn't have really moved up or down from it.

billogic99
10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Three teams in the top 4 move up without even playing a game? Something just doesn't seem right about that.

RockStar36
10-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Three teams in the top 4 move up without even playing a game? Something just doesn't seem right about that.

3 teams originally in the top 4 lost this week.

billogic99
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
3 teams originally in the top 4 lost this week.

So everytime a team loses or wins they should move up or down the rankings? Do you honestly think because the Giants lost this week they aren't as good as they were a week ago? At the same time do you think the Rams are better then they were a week ago cause they won? I don't think massive changes need to be made weekly. Moving 4 or 5 spots is ridiculous especially when you don't even play the week you move up or down.

BlackMetalNinja
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
So everytime a team loses or wins they should move up or down the rankings? Do you honestly think because the Giants lost this week they aren't as good as they were a week ago? At the same time do you think the Rams are better then they were a week ago cause they won? I don't think massive changes need to be made weekly. Moving 4 or 5 spots is ridiculous especially when you don't even play the week you move up or down.If we don't measure teams by wins and losses, what do we measure them by? FTP is that you?

madness
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM

You'll see it in almost every power ranking including the BCS. Even though certain teams don't play, other teams are still winning and losing.

billogic99
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
If we don't measure teams by wins and losses, what do we measure them by? FTP is that you?

What do wins and loses have to do with teams that don't even play? Of course you rank them by wins and loses, but moving 4 or 5 spots from one week to the next is ridiculos especially when you don't even play that week.

BlackMetalNinja
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
What do wins and loses have to do with teams that don't even play? Of course you rank them by wins and loses, but moving 4 or 5 spots from one week to the next is ridiculos especially when you don't even play that week.Well then everybody is ridiculous because CBS and ESPN have them doing the same damn thing.

RockStar36
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
What do wins and loses have to do with teams that don't even play? Of course you rank them by wins and loses, but moving 4 or 5 spots from one week to the next is ridiculos especially when you don't even play that week.

Go ahead and bash them all you want. I know it comes with the territory when writing these things. But you should also be bashing all the major news sites because they are saying the same exact thing.

Pride
10-14-2008, 03:13 PM
how are the steelers #2 on everyone's list??