PDA

View Full Version : Michael Eisen's Mailbag

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Welcome to "Michael Eisen's Mailbag." Every few days, Giants.com's exclusive Writer/Editor Michael Eisen will pick some of the best questions and comments we receive via email* and answer them right here! If you'd like to submit a question or comment to Michael, click here.

Hello, Michael. I was just wondering when your "mailbag" feature was returning to the website. Also, I wanted to get your honest take on how you think the Giants' draft went overall.
Thanks.

Charlie Indelicato

Dear Charlie:
It's always good to hear from a mailbag fan. My take on the Giants draft is naturally biased. I am, after all, an employee of the team. And since I am not a personnel expert, so I must rely heavily on what the decision-makers tell me.

Based on that, I am extremely excited about the Giants 11 draft choices. We filled needs, we selected several players that we had targeted for specific rounds, we drafted the kind of size and speed guys that can develop into outstanding football players, and we created competition at several positions.

As you've probably heard, William Joseph, the top pick, was expected to go higher in the first round. He was still there for us at No. 25 and should step right into the defensive tackle rotation. Osi Umenyiora was a sack demon at Troy State (he had 16 of his 25 career sacks in 2002), and he didn't feast only on small schools; Umenyiora had three sacks at Mississippi State.

http://www.giants.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=178822&right_include=/includes/eisens_archive_module.cfm