newyork_guy2122
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=87216

Oaf
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
No. Did you?

newyork_guy2122
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I didnt hear it for myself but others on the Bills mgs board did....i wanted to see if anyone here did

raphael120
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Gonzo said "Make me a Giant" to the KC people according to a KC Star report.

Mr. Miyagi
No one heard this. It's all "someone said they heard this, did you?" just like we're doing here.

Lexwhat
Why is it that people on the Buffalo Bills message board are always "hearing things" ?????

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Why is it that people on the Buffalo Bills message board are always "hearing things" ?????
Because some of them have rich friends. Duh.

newyork_guy2122
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry guys, I was just excited and wanted to know if there was truth to this

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
i have big ears. they catch lots of strange things, including the private convos of GMs

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2008, 11:57 AM

could be possible, but we have heard lots of "reports" with no material evidence.

jimbohastle51
10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
if you go to wgr550 website they just said after the commercial that they were giving an edwards update and then and i quote "what gonzo said about possibly becoming a bill"

madness
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Sonof...just when I thought this crap was dead so I didn't have to be a :nervous: wreck anymore.

jimbohastle51
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.cc/etm_plr/audio_player.php?id=WGR&playerType=silverlight&btr=hi

think that link will get you to the media player if not just put wgr550 in google and go to listen live.. as long as you have windows media player your good.

jimbohastle51
10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=87216

got your back on this one i not only heard that but also they just said the quote i just posted, your right! nothing about the offer thought anymore than they made one

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Sorry, I wasn't directing my post at you.

We haven't heard anything concrete, other than the Bills are "interested." There was an unsubstantiated rumor that we offered them a 3rd round pick, but there was also another rumor that we haven't even made a formal offer.

We're all anxiously awaiting news too, but I've started to tell myself that it won't happen, because I will be disappointed otherwise.

Oh well, we'll know the outcome in less than 3 hours.

raphael120
10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
It's not going to happen. He'll be a Giant. The Giants have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl than the Bills do...but maybe last nights loss will make Gonzo think differently? Who knows...

Only way I see this happenning is if the Bills make an offer he can't refuse.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Lynch and 2nd round pick for LJ and TG.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow that would be a blockbuster wouldn't it.

hydro
It's not going to happen. He'll be a Giant. The Giants have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl than the Bills do...but maybe last nights loss will make Gonzo think differently? Who knows...

Only way I see this happenning is if the Bills make an offer he can't refuse.

No, more like an offer that the Chiefs can't refuse. He really has no say in the final result.

X-Era

Is your character assassination quest turning to Lynch now?

I would take Lynch over LJ any day of the week.

jimbohastle51
the just said that gonzo was not warm to the idea of playing in buffalo but at the end of the day it is a bisuness and that basically the bills will have to make an offer that the chiefs cant refuse. which maybe they did. they did say that the highest the eagles and giants said they would go is one 4th round pick (not multiples). so im my opinion if the bills do offer a 3rd and a 5th i think that would get it done. or a straight up 2nd and just let it ride this year!!!

Patrick76777
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=raphael120]It's not going to happen. He'll be a Giant. The Giants have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl than the Bills do..QUOTE]

Why does this matter? The guy asked to be traded to a contender, We're 4-1, KC is going to get the best deal for them, not the best deal for TG.

Think about it. They don't care were they send the guy, as long as they get something good in return.

Mad Bomber
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Auditory hallucinations due to alcohol-related brain damage.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM

Don't knock alcohol-related brain damage!!!!!!!!!!!

raphael120
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
[quote=raphael120]It's not going to happen. He'll be a Giant. The Giants have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl than the Bills do..QUOTE]

Why does this matter? The guy asked to be traded to a contender, We're 4-1, KC is going to get the best deal for them, not the best deal for TG.

Think about it. They don't care were they send the guy, as long as they get something good in return.

Right...I dont know how much say or how much KC gives a crap if Gonzo is happy or not. We just need to make the KC Front office happy, not Gonzo. Here's hopin we do.

:cheers:

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Don't talk about Feel the Pain like that.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Is your character assassination quest turning to Lynch now?

I would take Lynch over LJ any day of the week.

I've been on the trade Lynch bandwagon since he hit that woman and took off.

The people on this board made me question players with character issues. In the past I wanted the Bills to go after TO/Moss but most of the people were against it on here because of their character issues. I have been shown the light. It's funny how Lynch is getting a free pass.

Bring in LJ and TG.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Per Adam Schefter, the asking price is a 2nd and 5th.

Now it could just be they are waiting to see if they can trade tight end Tony Gonzalez. Clearly, the team is fielding offers and asking for second- and fifth-round picks in return. It is the price that was paid for tight end Jeremy Shockeyand defensive end Jason Taylor, and the Chiefs believe Gonzalez is worth as much as those recently traded stars.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/14/deal-for-gonzalez-in-the-works/

That's too steep for me. :ill:

mayotm
10-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I've been on the trade Lynch bandwagon since he hit that woman and took off.

The people on this board made me question players with character issues. In the past I wanted the Bills to go after TO/Moss but most of the people were against it on here because of their character issues. I have been shown the light. It's funny how Lynch is getting a free pass.

Bring in LJ and TG.You mean exactly like you're giving LJ a free pass for his assault charge?

BillsWin
10-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah I heard. Something about a 3rd in 09 and a 6th or 7th in 2010.

CUHATIN
10-14-2008, 12:28 PM

cant get rid of beastmode!!!!

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM

For that price, we should've just gotten Jeremy Shockey. A 2nd and a 5th is too steep for a 32 year old player, IMO.

justasportsfan
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
You mean exactly like you're giving LJ a free pass for his assault charge?
TD didn't know that and Lynch was charged with what? traffic voilation? What now?

eddiehaskill
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
LJ has had injuries and already been beaten up a while in KC. No way we get rid of Lynch in his 2nd year. No way. I would be pissed

mayotm
10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
For that price, we should've just gotten Jeremy Shockey. A 2nd and a 5th is too steep for a 32 year old player, IMO.Shockey's a good player for the 8 games he plays every season.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
TD didn't know that and Lynch was charged with what? traffic voilation? What now?

Frig LJ. Trade a 2nd rounder for Gonzalez and be done with it.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
You mean exactly like you're giving LJ a free pass for his assault charge?

Assault on male or female?

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Shockey's a good player for the 8 games he plays every season.

Well, I'm actually not saying we should've given up a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey either.

But if I HAD to give up a 2nd/5th, then I would choose Shockey over Gonzalez since Shockey is only 28.

We should stay put if the Chiefs demand that much.

jamze132
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
A 2nd is too steep unless the Chiefs are willing to swap 3rd and 4th round picks with us.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
The character questions on Moss and TO are not equivalent to the one's on Lynch.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
For that price, we should've just gotten Jeremy Shockey. A 2nd and a 5th is too steep for a 32 year old player, IMO.
Shockey is overated and constantly injured.

Buffalogic
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/800915.html

At noon today, according to an NFL source, the Arizona Cardinals have inquired about trading for Gonzalez. According to that source, the Cardinals are unhappy with the play of both Leonard Pope (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3628896) and Ben Patrick (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3628895). It’s not known how serious the interest might be, but the Cardinals need another receiving threat and Gonzalez would provide that.

Warpaint Illustrated.com has also confirmed that an unidentified fifth team is in the mix. Currently the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills are also competing for Gonzalez.

Of those teams, reportedly the Giants have approached the Chiefs with the most serious offer. However per our source, “no team is willing to give the Chiefs multiple picks for Gonzalez.”

Ed
10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
If TG doesn't want to come to Buffalo and would rather be a Giant then I say don't bother trying to trade for him. There's no point in bringing in a guy that doesn't want to be here and isn't going to be happy. Because it does matter if he's happy or not and that will effect the team.

bluerosekiller
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Sorry Ed, but shenanigans on that I say.

Gonzalez would be too much of an asset to this team to pass on him just because of some perceived notion that he "didn't want to be here".
With some athletes these days that could pose a problem with team chemistry etc., but TG has always struck me as a solid, reliable professional who wouldn't cause any issues in the locker room. Especially at this stage of his career.

Ed
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Sorry Ed, but shenanigans on that I say.

Gonzalez would be too much of an asset to this team to pass on him just because of some perceived notion that he "didn't want to be here".
With some athletes these days that could pose a problem with team chemistry etc., but TG has always struck me as a solid, reliable professional who wouldn't cause any issues in the locker room. Especially at this stage of his career.
Maybe, but it could still effect his motivation and drive. Maybe he will just want to retire after this season or go somewhere else if he's not into being here.

I'll still be excited if the trade happens, but I'd be concerned if it's true that he doesn't want to be here.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM

Smart bidder's auction price is usually higher than what they're willing to settle with.

bluerosekiller
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm of the opinion that acquiring Gonzalez would be a further boost to this young team that would demonstrate the ownership & management's determination to help them win any way possible.
Something that could set the tone for the rest of the season with the Bills coming off of a tough loss & headed into a game with a top contender like San Diego.

I mean, why quibble about a draft pick or two when we could have a proven commodity like TG on the squad for two or three solid years.
Sure, picks are nice, but come on. For every Whitner there's a McCargo. You know?

mayotm
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Assault on male or female?In 2003, LJ was charged with aggravated assault and domestic battery for incident with his girlfriend. The charges were dropped when he agreed to complete a domestic violence aversion program. 2005 he was charged with pushing a women to the ground at a night club. Charges were later dropped. February of this year, he was charged once again for shoving a women. He is scheduled to appear in court in December for the most recent incident.