PDA

View Full Version : Jones Drew "He got one coming"

The King
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I just heard Maurice Jones-Drew say that Paul Pozlusny has one coming if they meet Jacksonville again. "Man I dont know what kind of tackle that was, but if we see those guys again he got one coming".

Just heard it on NFL Radio.

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
for what? What play was he talking about? I don't remember Poz doing anything dirty in that game.

hydro
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
for what? What play was he talking about? I don't remember Poz doing anything dirty in that game.
Almost pulling Jones-Drew's head off ring a bell?

Jaybird
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
the facemask!

The King
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
He twisted his helmet completely around.

Al the Bills Fan

When Poz almost ripped his head off. Jones-Drew's helmet was on backwards when Poz got done with him

Pinkerton Security
did he get a facemask penalty on the play? i dont remember exactly what happened, but i dont recall it being THAT dirty.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Poz will destroy MJD.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
If Bruschi tackled Lynch like that, half of this board would have a **** fit.

It was a dirty, unnecessary play.

patmoran2006
10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Poz will destroy MJD.he's the hardest RB in the entire NFL.. You ever see this guy hit people?

That being said.. whatever.. I hope Poz does it again.

ajsdx
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
If I were MJD, I'd be pissed too. But even if we do play them again, I don't think MJD can do much about it. I guess he could undercut him or something, but usually an offensive player going after a defensive player is pretty obvious.

Bulldog
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I MJD wasn't a midget, Poz wouldn't have grabbed his facemask.

mayotm
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM

It was a dirty, unnecessary play.Personally, I don't think it was intentional. Just my opinion.

Bills Juggernaut
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Shouldn't it have been:

"He has one coming?"

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Personally, I don't think it was intentional. Just my opinion.

Maybe not at the start of tackle, but at some point he had to know he had a firm grasp on the facemask.

Mudflap1
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Poz isn't a dirty player. The play itself raised some eyebrows, but I think it was accidental.

Jon

Bulldog
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe not at the start of tackle, but at some point he had to know he had a firm grasp on the facemask.

He's already getting a penalty at that point, so why let go?

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
:rofl:

Of course if a Buffalo Bill does something so blatantly flagrant it's an accident (Poz) or a good thing that fired up the team (Whitner) but when someone finishes a tackle (Adrian Wilson) he's a dirty player and trying to injure someone.

I love some of the logic around here.

yordad
10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Guns don't kill people. Poz kills people. MJD betta keep walking.

ajsdx
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
He's already getting a penalty at that point, so why let go?

Uh, do you know why grabbing the facemask is illegal in the first place?

Bulldog
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Of course if a Buffalo Bill does something so blatantly flagrant it's an accident (Poz) or a good thing that fired up the team (Whitner) but when someone finishes a tackle (Adrian Wilson) he's a dirty player and trying to injure someone.

This is a Bills message board. What the hell do you honestly expect? I'm sure none of this happens on other teams message boards right? Just the Bills. Christ, if you're so unhappy with this message board, go to the Browns message board already.

bigbub2352
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Thats how u play LBer in this league, who cares what anyone says the fact that Jones-Drew is bringing it up means Poz is getting the respect of a nasty LBer, i luv it

Bulldog
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Uh, do you know why grabbing the facemask is illegal in the first place?

No. Thanks for clearing that up. Now follow along slowly junior. I said, if he's ALREADY getting a penalty, why let go? Did you catch the whole penalty thing I mentioned?

RockStar36

Not really.

Poz got the penalty and it was over and done with. We wouldn't even be talking about it right now if MJD didn't open up his mouth.

On the other hand, Adrian Wilson was fined by the NFL for his hit which goes to say it was dirty.

Dr. Lecter
Thats how u play LBer in this league, who cares what anyone says the fact that Jones-Drew is bringing it up means Poz is getting the respect of a nasty LBer, i luv it

Would you be OK with Bruschi doing that to Lynch?

ajsdx
10-14-2008, 02:12 PM
No. Thanks for clearing that up. Now follow along slowly junior. I said, if he's ALREADY getting a penalty, why let go? Did you catch the whole penalty thing I mentioned?

:rofl: You're a funny dude. Well, since you admit you didn't catch it the first time, allow me to educate you. Grabbing the facemask is illegal because generating that much torque on the head can cause serious injuries. So, as a defender, even if you have already grabbed the facemask and have already incurred the penalty, you should still let go to avoid those injuries. Obviously, in the heat and speed of the moment, it's hard to think that fast, but that's what should happen.

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2008, 02:13 PM

Did people on this board freak out and call for the beheading of Wilson? I may have missed all that but I dont remember it. I have no problem with what he did. In fact, I think people made a bigger deal of the hit on Anquan than they did the one on Edwards.

In fact, check out this thread for most of our reactions to his fine...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=162867&highlight=adrian+wilson

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Not really.

Poz got the penalty and it was over and done with. We wouldn't even be talking about it right now if MJD didn't open up his mouth.

On the other hand, Adrian Wilson was fined by the NFL for his hit which goes to say it was dirty.

Fine based on reputation.

See Poz do that a few more times this year, he'll develop a reputation and start getting fines too.

Or if Wilson would have done what Poz or Whitner did, he woulda been fined.

I guarantee that if it was Poz or Whitner hit Warner like that, there would have been no fine.

Just look at Kawika Mitchell going helmet to helmet with Warner in the same game....no penalty, no fine, nothing. Why? Doesn't have the rep in the league for it.

It doesn't make what Whitner and Poz did less blatant than what Wilson did. In fact, what they both did was more blatant and flagrant than Wilson's fined hit. But hey, it's a Bills messageboard and all the players are untouchable and great and saints, on and off the field.

jpdex12
10-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Of course Poz knew he had a hand full of face mask. What else are you going to do though? Let MJD free to run a 70 yarder in the endzone and decline the penalty or hang on to whatever you have to to stop him even if it's a penalty? I know my answer! Poz would do it again if he had to. I'm sure he would have rather pancaked MJD but you do what you have to do!

ALL D
10-14-2008, 04:07 PM
if he is that upset about the play, why didn't he do something right there? It's easy to talk when you're in jacksonville...

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
OP Poz almost ripped MJD's head off!!!

theanswer74
10-14-2008, 04:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXeAG2VuBo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXeAG2VuBo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Spaz
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah it was a penalty but if his helmet was properly on it wouldn't have been able to spin all the way around.

BAM
10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Pocket Hercules!!

Tatonka
10-14-2008, 05:47 PM
he's the hardest RB in the entire NFL.. You ever see this guy hit people?

That being said.. whatever.. I hope Poz does it again.

he had one hit on shawn merriman.. and now will forever be known as a great blocker.. he is good but it is not like everyone he hits is like the merriman hit.. im also sure that pos is laughing.

CUHATIN
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM
That was great when POZ almost took off MJDs head!!!!!

theanswer74
10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
he had one hit on shawn merriman.. and now will forever be known as a great blocker.. he is good but it is not like everyone he hits is like the merriman hit.. im also sure that pos is laughing.

Jones Drew layed out Mitchell in our game this year.

hydro
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah it was a penalty but if his helmet was properly on it wouldn't have been able to spin all the way around.

You're right. He probably would have broken his neck if it hadn't be loose, though.

casdhf
10-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't remember the play. Anyone have it?

SABuffalo786
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM

You think Poz had time to think "Oh hey I've got a hold of his face mask, let me pause and let go" at the speed of that play? Get real.

That said, I hope he tries it in the Ralph. Not only is Poz a pretty big dude himself, MJD would have to deal with 70k+ drunk lunatics ready to jump the walls and kick **** out of him, Craig Rivet style. :D:

SABuffalo786
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're worse than ****ing Tasker.

http://www.beloblog.com/KHOU_formenonly/fredo.jpg

ParanoidAndroid
10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
MJD can get low. That's what makes him tough. He has all the momentum running forward and is allowed to lead with his helmet. The RB has the advantage. If MJD stays upright, he gets destroyed by a LB. The block on Merriman looked big but Merriman was just about to drop back as he saw the play action. MJD shoved him as he was shifting his weight back.
5'7" 208 vs. 6'1" 238 = mismatch

BillsWin
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Paul vs Maurice in a street fight...

Ill put money on the guy more ripped then the terminator.

thenry20
10-15-2008, 02:47 AM
I remember that play and no way did the officials missed it. I think he got penalized 15 yards for it.

Marvelous
10-15-2008, 03:52 AM
I just heard Maurice Jones-Drew say that Paul Pozlusny has one coming if they meet Jacksonville again. "Man I dont know what kind of tackle that was, but if we see those guys again he got one coming".

wtf! Why do Americans talk like ******s on purpose?

on topic- I don't recall the play..

hydro
10-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I really don't even know why this is coming up so long after the incident. It isn't like it was the last play of the game. Why didn't "get what's coming to him" during the game?

lordofgun
10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXeAG2VuBo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXeAG2VuBo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Helmet to helmet. MJD is a dirty player.

Griff
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Poz has one coming because you can't work the slider to tighten your chin strap?

Griff
10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Helmet to helmet. MJD is a dirty player.

wow what a punk.

ublinkwescore
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM

It was a dirty, unnecessary play.

It was dirty only if their was Malice...

I don't think he meant to, but anyone who plays, or has played football knows it's very easy to get caught up in the moment and make a stupid penalty - it's an agressive sport. Personally, if I were Poz, I would have tried to contact MJD and offered to make a donation to a charity of his choice in his name or something.

Mitchell55
10-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Whats a 5-9 midget RB going to do against a 6-3 235 pound beast of a LB?

blackonyx89
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM

He's 5'7" 208 lbs. He's tough and never underestimate him because of his height. I don't want him to retaliate, but he was wrong in accusing The Poz of being a dirty player, he's not.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM

have you ever seen this man? his legs are freakin enormous, and im sure hes jacked all around.

look at T-henry - hes like 5-9 and he was strongest guy on the Bills when he was here, not even pound for pound, he could simply lift the most.

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Would you be OK with Bruschi doing that to Lynch?

Adrian Wilson did it to Lynch (not exactly but similar) and no penalty was called. I wouldn't like it if anyone did that to our player, but if it resulted in a penalty, then there is not much more that could happen.

And nobody went after Wilson for either his hit on Trent or pulling Marshawn's helmet off.