PDA

View Full Version : WR Roy Williams to the Cowpies

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
They're giving up a 1st rounder for him. Just heard that on Sirius.

theanswer74
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
The Lions finally do something good.

mchurchfie
10-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Now all they need is someone that can get the ball to him for the next 4 weeks.:snicker:

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Actually it is a 2nd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Actually it's a first, third, and sixth. Good job Jerry :bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 03:43 PM
WTF? :eek:

Slim
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
And a seventh... That is WAYYY to much.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Good job???

That is a bunch to give up.

trapezeus
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
hopefully the cowboys get the hershel walker trade in reverse. too many picks for one player who is annoyed to be playing ball.

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 03:47 PM
And a seventh... That is WAYYY to much.

The Cowboys received a 7th.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Good job???

It's been no secret that they were going WR next year anyway. Who in this draft is a better WR than Roy Williams? Also, when you're a team with few holes like Dallas you can do this kind of crap, Jerry wants a ring now and could care less about next year, I think it's great move and perfect timing.

RockStar36
10-14-2008, 03:48 PM

How is that possibly viewed as a good job? Wow.

Slim
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
hopefully the cowboys get the hershel walker trade in reverse. too many picks for one player who is annoyed to be playing ball.

His contract is up after this season. I'm sure Jones will pony up but man, he's going to have LOTS of cash tied into his WR's.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
It's been no secret that they were going WR next year anyway. Who in this draft is a better WR than Roy Williams? Also, when you're a team with few holes like Dallas you can do this kind of crap, Jerry wants a ring now and could care less about next year, I think it's great move and perfect timing.

How do he and TO get along? Those two egos?

This is one of those cases where getting the most talent does not make the best team.

Lexwhat

That's an insane offense.

Roy Williams, TO, Witten, Crayton, Barber, F. Jones ...

Did you ever think TO or Williams would complain about lack of touches?

Slim
TO was *****ing about not getting the ball a week ago, how about now.

Devin
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
And this is why the Cowboys are in the playoffs every year.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
TO was *****ing about not getting the ball a week ago, how about now.
No, he actually wasn't "*****ing". Please, don't make false statements.

Slim
10-14-2008, 03:53 PM

But haven't won a playoff game in like ten.

Lexwhat

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

Night Train
He's another head case with talent.

Let's see how this works out before praising the "One & Done" Cowboys.

This could backfire bigtime.

Jersey1031
The Lions will receive the Cowboys' 2009 first-round pick, a third-round pick and sixth-round pick. The Cowboys get Detroit's 2009 seventh-round pick in the Williams trade, plus Tennessee's 2009 fifth-round pick now that cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended at least four games for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=FD064424-CB97-27C1-3BB54770B832AFF7

Slim

Asking politely?

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM

It's funny that everyone thinks T.O. complains about his lack of touches, the ONLY time you ever hear anything out of him is when he doesn't get touches and the team loses. The guy wants to win and so do I, show me a WR who doesn't want more touches and I'll show you a bad WR.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Asking politely?
Saying "when I get ______ # of touches we win" is a lot different than "give me the #$%^ing ball."

RockStar36
10-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Saying "when I get ______ # of touches we win" is a lot different than "give me the #$%^ing ball."

Even when he was targeted almost half the plays that game... TO is a *****. He cries like a little baby everytime they don't win. It's sickening.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:55 PM
He's another head case with talent.

Let's see how this works out before praising the "One & Done" Cowboys.

This could backfire bigtime.
As oppose to the done before they ever even get started Bills?

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Even when he was targeted almost half the plays that game... TO is a *****. He cries like a little baby everytime they don't win. It's sickening.
You keep being satisfied with mediocre players, I would kill to have a guy like him on the Bills and I'm damn glad he's a Cowboy. We love him here and wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
It's funny that everyone thinks T.O. complains about his lack of touches, the ONLY time you ever hear anything out of him is when he doesn't get touches and the team loses. The guy wants to win and so do I, show me a WR who doesn't want more touches and I'll show you a bad WR.

Trust me, I know he wants to win. But no team is going to win every weekend. Which is why the complaining is a possibility.

I just don't think that upgrading your offense is going to translate to more wins for you guys. I think you could have used those picks on Defense.

But I guess we'll see.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
You keep being satisfied with mediocre players, I would kill to have a guy like him on the Bills and I'm damn glad he's a Cowboy. We love him here and wouldn't trade him for anyone.

TO is extremely talented, no doubt but talent alone does not win games.

He has thrown two QBs under the bus. He destroys team morale. You talk about winning being the only goal. What has TO ever won?

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
It's great that Bills fans bash other owners for doing what it takes to put a champion on the field, yet take up for a guy who wasn't even willing to give up a 3rd rounder for an HOF TE. Amazing.

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 04:02 PM

I am NEVER satisfied with mediocre players, but there are some on this board that are.

I would've loved a guy like Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Roy Williams, Tony Gonzalez, etc. I wish our FO had the balls to get a player like that.

But for me, TO is an exception. I don't know if I would want him.

Devin
10-14-2008, 04:04 PM
But haven't won a playoff game in like ten.

We havent even been since what? 1999? Ill take a playoff loss over what weve had any day.

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
We havent even been since what? 1999? Ill take a playoff loss over what weve had any day.
It doesn't work that way in Buffalo, as long as there's a team in Orchard Park who cares if the team is successful?

gr8slayer
10-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I am NEVER satisfied with mediocre players, but there are some on this board that are.

I would've loved a guy like Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Roy Williams, Tony Gonzalez, etc. I wish our FO had the balls to get a player like that.

But for me, TO is an exception. I don't know if I would want him.
That's fine, and I felt the same way until he got here, I gave him a chance, saw his leadership, saw that most of what was said about him was BS, saw that he's a great person who does amazing things in the community, is a guy who cares as mch about winning as Jerry, etc.....

jdbillsfan
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM

Crayton?

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
:rofl:

Is there gonna be enough footballs to go around to keep TO and Roy happy?

Hell TO has already publicly complained this year.

Horrible move that makes zero sense and has about a 75% chance of blowing up back in their own faces.

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
That's fine, and I felt the same way until he got here, I gave him a chance, saw his leadership, saw that most of what was said about him was BS, saw that he's a great person who does amazing things in the community, is a guy who cares as mch about winning as Jerry, etc.....

Fair enough. I know the media likes to embellish everything TO says and does.

I guess we'll see how the season goes for them ...

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Crayton?

Patrick Crayton as a #3 WR is pretty good if you ask me.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
They didnt need him. Is it really a good job?

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 04:17 PM
It's great that Bills fans bash other owners for doing what it takes to put a champion on the field, yet take up for a guy who wasn't even willing to give up a 3rd rounder for an HOF TE. Amazing.
The Jets didn't make the trade.
The Dolphins didn't make the trade.
The Pats didn't make the trade.

Are they cheap?
Do they not care about winning?

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Horrible move that makes zero sense and has about a 75% chance of blowing up back in their own faces.
I agree. It is adding another Dickhead with attitude to a position that wasn't a glaring need. TO,Crayton, Miles Austin(who was starting to emerge), not to mention Witten at TE.

Roy Williams most likely can't hurt the Cowboys as he is a stud player but to give up that much for him just seems silly and a waste.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't agree with this assesment. I am not pissed either way at the Bills for not getting TG. I never really thought we were seriously going to get him so I wasn't too concerned. If we would have landed him I would have been fine with that also.

I am not necessarily hating on J Jones other than the fact that I don't think they needed Roy Williams. With Romo, and F. Jones injured and Pacman probably out for the year it reeks of desparation.

RockStar36
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I'm real jealous of an owner who pays a six figure sum to protect his star wide receiver from going to prison. I'm also real jealous of an owner who has an ego so big that he destroys what others built.

Don't keep acting like Jerry Jones is a great football mind. So many of his moves have been terrible.

EDS
10-14-2008, 05:00 PM

Isn't the draft potentially loaded with receivers this year? Crabtree?

njsue
10-14-2008, 09:04 PM
T O will be crying that Roy Williams has the ball more than him. LOL

trapezeus
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
does anyone feel bad for wade? i mean the guy is so low key, and jerry jones just adds these primadonna, high maintence people around him. i feel like wade is going to lose his **** on the sidelines this year. it's going to be the show of the year.

Lexwhat
10-16-2008, 01:09 PM
does anyone feel bad for wade? i mean the guy is so low key, and jerry jones just adds these primadonna, high maintence people around him. i feel like wade is going to lose his **** on the sidelines this year. it's going to be the show of the year.

I've always felt that Wade is not a good fit for that team, and eventually things will get crazy over there.

It seems like Wade is just there temporarily, until Jason Garrett gets enough experience to take over.

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
i feel like wade will get them to the playoffs, be a play within advancing to the next game, and then romo will screw him over. and that's when he's going to lose his mind. i'm telling you it's going to blow our mind to see him super animated. almost as crazy as seeing him in that pepsi commercial as a funny guy.

Michael82
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM

Exactly! Good post. I can't wait to see TO explode when Roy Williams keeps getting the ball and TO doesn't.

Griff
10-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Good job???

missed the sarcasm huh?

Griff
10-21-2008, 02:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIN-SrLJpTA

guess you're not up on current events. Does Josh Reed still suck in your world? Does JP still have the 11th best QB rating?

Griff
10-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Guess you didn't hear, Gonzo nixed that, not us, thanks for playing and showing us all your ignorance along the way.

Night Train
10-21-2008, 04:06 AM
From Peter King Monday

Well, receiver Roy Williams signed a six-year, $54-million extension with the Cowboys on Saturday night, before playing in his first debacle -- er, game -- with Dallas at St. Louis on Sunday. The key to the deal for Dallas was making the Williams' cap number palatable this year and next, when there will be a cap, but not worrying much about 2010 and beyond. The key for Williams' agent, Ben Dogra, was to get as much money as he could by the end of 2010. And in salary and bonuses, Dogra succeeded; Williams will earn $27 million by the end of the 2010 season. When Dogra met Williams to explain the deal Saturday night, he told him, "You're going to earn $27 million before a lockout, if a lockout happens.''
Williams' deal ratchets up the Cowboys' 2010 current cap obligations, with 33 player contracts signed, to $138.8 million, which is $27 million more than any other team in football -- and that doesn't include the monster contract due premium pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware early in 2009; he could become the highest-paid defensive player in football. "Looks like Jerry's pretty sure there won't be a cap in 2010,'' one capologist for another NFL team said Friday. Surely some of his contracted players (Zach Thomas and Terrell Owens, for two) may not be around then, but it's still by far the most onerous cap situation in 2010. (The rival Giants, for instance, have 29 players under contract for 2010, for a total of $70 million.) Add to all of this the fact that the players, after the death of Gene Upshaw in August, won't have a labor leader to begin negotiations until sometime next year, and what we have here is a league on a fast track to a capless 2010. And trouble.
I talked to Jones about the Williams trade Friday, and when I floated my theory, he clammed up because the owners can't say anything, per league edict, about any part of the strategy over negotiations for a new CBA. "You can say it,'' he said. "I can't.'' Over the weekend, I asked a confidant of many of the owners, sports management consultant Marc Ganis of Chicago-based SportsCorp Ltd., what he thought.
"The owners have hope," he said, "but not an expectation that the players recognize the landscape in the NFL has changed, and a lot of teams are in major debt, and that the world economy has changed. But by and large, the owners think the players won't recognize the economic conditions have changed. There is unanimity among the owners not to break the union, or not to go to war. But the issue is, as it has been, whether expenses [like new stadiums] get calculated before the pie is split. The owners will be solid on that.'' Ganis also said, "The owners will never agree to a new CBA without a cap.''
Now for some football ... but I'm just warning you. The storm is coming. I can't believe it'll come to a lockout because of how healthy the game is. But stranger labor stoppages have happened.

He also went on to mention how Jones was down on the field working out Romo prior to the game & he made the call to activate Romo for the game and to make him the backup. The Coach is powerless in Dallas.:rolleyes: