• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Shefter: Bills DID NOT offer a 3rd

1- WTF. I been trying to get on this board for 40 minutes to report news. Keeps crashing.

2- I have listened to 810 in KC ALL AFTERNOON long, including the Edwards press conference at 4pm.

3- I have NEVER, EVER EVER heard radio talk show hosts AND fans blast someone like I've heard Peterson get killed today for not trading Gonzo.

4- Last and certainly not least per Adam Schefter.. The final two in the Gonzo deal was the Eagles and the Giants.. NOT The Bills.

The Eagles only offered a 6th rounder and the best offer the CHiefs received was from the Giants, which was a fourth rounder.. Peterson turned it down and said he wouldn't part for anything less than a third.

The Bills did NOT offer a 3rd or a 4th rounder for Gonzalez, if they offered anything at all. It was said that a player like Gonzalez did "not fit the Bills business model". Hmmm I wonder who that quote could've came from.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Shefter: Bills DID NOT offer a 3rd

Typical.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

RALPH IS CHEAP!!!!!!

:sarcasm:

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        1- WTF. I been trying to get on this board for 40 minutes to report news. Keeps crashing.

2- I have listened to 810 in KC ALL AFTERNOON long, including the Edwards press conference at 4pm.

3- I have NEVER, EVER EVER heard radio talk show hosts AND fans blast someone like I've heard Peterson get killed today for not trading Gonzo.

4- Last and certainly not least per Adam Schefter.. The final two in the Gonzo deal was the Eagles and the Giants.. NOT The Bills.

The Eagles only offered a 6th rounder and the best offer the CHiefs received was from the Giants, which was a fourth rounder.. Peterson turned it down and said he wouldn't part for anything less than a third.

The Bills did NOT offer a 3rd or a 4th rounder for Gonzalez, if they offered anything at all. It was said that a player like Gonzalez did "not fit the Bills business model". Hmmm I wonder who that quote could've came from.

UGH.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

What it comes down to and im SURE details will come out public shortly, is that the Chiefs wanted a third and nobody would trade a third rounder.. The Giants (4th) had the best offer and it was rejected.

and like I said in another thread, I have NEVER in my life heard talk show hosts and fans blast a GM like I heard today..

Herm Edwards only gave 'one' word answers about Gonzo and said he doesnt plan to talk to him.

So just so its publicly known; the Bills did NOT offer a 3rd.. Had they decided to do so, he'd be a Bill right now. He didnt fit into our team business-wise.

Im pumped we got Evans locked up, but there was plenty more wealth to share.. This is what happens when you have this kind of owner, who's primary goal, even into his 90's, is the bottom line, not Lombardi trophies.

Translation: Wilson blew his wad on Evans. The rest of that cap money and extra revenue is getting pocketed.. Straight up..spin it anyway you like (homers)

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
            RALPH IS CHEAP!!!!!!

:sarcasm:
            Not cheap, we've been over this. The man is just football stupid, not cheap.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Same old Bills. God how typical.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                I'm not sure he's much more than a figurehead right now when it comes to football decisions.

I think Russ Brandon is terrific but I'm kind of pissed we played this so conservative after the splashes we made in free agencey this summer.

You wouldn't give up a 3rd to blow the AFC wide open? REALLY???

This would've absolutely put us over the top and it's dissapointing we didn't take the initiative to make it happen.
                Last edited by SABuffalo786; 10-14-2008, 04:05 PM.
                "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  No.. This is not FOOTBALL STUPID.. My 5-year old son knows that Tony Gonzalez with a half leg is twice the TE RObert Royal is.

It's about money, nothing more.. Nothing less. We will spend up to a certain amount of money each year, and then that's that.

We locked up Evans. I dont think we would've taken Gonzo for a bag of slim jims if we had to pay him.

Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who has the gall to say that this trade did not happen because of a "football move" sincerely needs to take their heads out of the sand. This was a business non-move.

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

What a joke, you would think the old man would do anything it took to win 1 Superbowl before he is 6 feet under.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

What I find funny is this is all hearsay. Some posters are saying that Shefter reported that Gonzo rejected a trade to Buffalo, and others are saying that the Bills never offered anything.

It's hard to believe anything, when it's all hearsay, and apparantley Shefter is reporting multiple things.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

No.. This is not FOOTBALL STUPID.. My 5-year old son knows that Tony Gonzalez with a half leg is twice the TE RObert Royal is.

It's about money, nothing more.. Nothing less. We will spend up to a certain amount of money each year, and then that's that.

We locked up Evans. I dont think we would've taken Gonzo for a bag of slim jims if we had to pay him.

Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who has the gall to say that this trade did not happen because of a "football move" sincerely needs to take their heads out of the sand. This was a business non-move.
                        That's crap.

The cheapness thing has been disproven more times than the existance of WMD's.

If Ralph is cheap about this then so are the Eagles, Gaints, Bucs, Packers and a total of 31 NFL teams.

If you think it is easy to give up a 3rd for a guy who is only playing one or (at most) two more years your Ralph hating head is in the sand.

While I would have made the move, I do understand why it was not done.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

So apparently the Eagles and Giants are cheap too because they wouldn't meet what the Chiefs wanted for someone who is on the decline in his career, yet still better than the options they have today at the position, right?

Gonzo > Smith, Boss and Royal...I'd assume you share that opinion, yes?

So that means the Giants and Eagles are also cheap by your logic.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            That's crap.

The cheapness thing has been disproven more times than the existance of WMD's.

If Ralph is cheap about this then so are the Eagles, Gaints, Bucs, Packers and a total of 31 NFL teams.

If you think it is easy to give up a 3rd for a guy who is only playing one or (at most) two more years your Ralph hating head is in the sand.

While I would have made the move, I do understand why it was not done.
                            I agree. 31 other teams are cheap because they wouldn't trade a 3rd.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Here is the KC link if you want to listen to GOnzo talk.. and feel free to call in yourself and ask about Shefter's source that said the Giants offered the best trade with a 4th rounder.
                              http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4stnr...ayer.php?id=WHB

Comment

Working...
                              X