PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer - Taking It All In

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM
It is quite possible that Carson Palmer was the most relaxed person in the entire NFL over draft weekend. The quarterback from the University of Southern California signed his contract with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, officially making him the first overall pick of 2003. With the important work done, Palmer was able to sit back and fully enjoy the events as they unfolded around him. He is also able to start making plans and working out his schedule, which includes a July wedding.

"The best part (about getting the deal done) is I know I'm going to be in camp," he said. "I don't have to worry about holding out. My agent got a great deal so I know I'm not going to miss any practices or mini-camps.

In fact, his only surprise of the entire weekend was when he learned that the Bengals would take 10 of their allotted 15 minutes before announcing his selection.

Adding to his calm demeanor is that he also already knows his place in the Bengals' scheme next year. With Jon Kitna the confirmed designated starter, the pressure is off of Palmer who can take his time to focus, prepare and learn what it will really take to be a signal caller in the NFL.

"It's great that Kitna's the starter," Palmer said. "And to know that I get a chance to learn and I'm not going to be thrown in right away. Hopefully that way I can learn the system before I d

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.asp?id=871