PDA

View Full Version : Let me guess People are now going hate on the Bills for not getting Gonzales.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Gimmie a break.... :shakeno:

justasportsfan
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Ralph is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey I got hated on for saying that we, nor anyone else, would end up trading for him period.

DrGraves
10-14-2008, 04:20 PM
thurm, how can you not be upset as a bills fan? we could have had him for a reasonable price. we have a ton of cap space, and tight end is a position we need help at. why not make an offer?

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey I got hated on for saying that we, nor anyone else, would end up trading for him period.
I also didn't think the Bills would get Gonzales. I am not crushed about it either. I bet a bunch of bandwagoners will swear off the Bills because of it though. WEAK!!!!

justasportsfan
10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
thurm, how can you not be upset as a bills fan? we could have had him for a reasonable price. we have a ton of cap space, and tight end is a position we need help at. why not make an offer?
because that would make the bills FO look like idiots for wasting picks on Fine and Shouman.

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I also didn't think the Bills would get Gonzales. I am not crushed about it either. I bet a bunch of bandwagoners will swear off the Bills because of it though. WEAK!!!!
The guy had over 90 catches last year. He's on a pace for over 60. He would have been an upgrade on at least...20 teams maybe?. The WORLD CHAMPION NYG didn't feel he was worth a third. I would have given up a 4th.

evol4276
10-14-2008, 04:24 PM
absolutely they are!

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
I have read on this very board from the person I respect the most as a talent evaluator(Ingtar) that TG is a shell of his former self, why give up the farm for him? It appears the rest of the NFL agreed with this assessmentl. Picking up Gonzales seemed more of a move to acquire a name than a player. Yes I am sure he is a bit better receiver than Royal but he is not on the Bills so **** him. I support the Bills.

justasportsfan
The guy had over 90 catches last year. He's on a pace for over 60. He would have been an upgrade on at least...20 teams maybe?. The WORLD CHAMPION NYG didn't feel he was worth a third. I would have given up a 4th.
what does Killdrive know? He only has one sb ring compared to Dick and Turk

THATHURMANATOR
What are you trying to tell me here?

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I have read on this very board from the person I respect the most as a talent evaluator(Ingtar) that TG is a shell of his former self, why give up the farm for him? It appears the rest of the NFL agreed with this assessmentl. Picking up Gonzales seemed more of a move to acquire a name than a player. Yes I am sure he is a bit better receiver than Royal but he is not on the Bills so **** him. I support the Bills.

I said the very same thing about Gonzo, but I guess my opinion doesn't count on these things! Thanks Corey!

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I said the very same thing about Gonzo, but I guess my opinion doesn't count on these things! Thanks Corey!
Well it does Tom but I dont think of you as any more of an expert than myself. I know you and I do watch tons of football but we don't have game tape and the ability to break down film.

patmoran2006
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Hating on the Bills overall is a strong word.. Very few if any are doing that.

Hating the fact we didnt take a shot to upgrade a position that has been God awful for many years for a 3rd round pick is a good reason to hate the non-move.

AND LMAO at whoever said he's only on pace for 60 catches now.. You think playing for the CHIEFS, with QBs like Huard, Croyle and God knows who else may have something to do with that? Who are the KC WR's other than Bowe again?

Wow

Bufftp
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I would of given up a 1st........

......just to stop reading all the TG threads ;)

BAM
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM

I'm not going to watch the game this weekend because they didn't get him plus there's a chance that JP might be starting so I'm just not going to watch it. Boo hoo.

X-Era
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Its classic.

A new thought... goes to.... excitement... goes to... necessity to make it happen... goes to... anger when we dont do it.

I would have liked it, and I thought it would help us. But I also thought it was completely not our new shtick.

Didn't we learn from moves like:

Milloy
Troy Vincent
Bledsoe

All were good in their day, but that day was long gone if they had come to us.

Again, I would have liked the move though, I think TE is one of our biggest need.

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Poor logic.

They're the WORLD CHAMPS. They have their pieces in place. We're still missing several, TE being one of them.

Who are we gonna get with that 3rd in April that's going to be better than Gonzales? And even if we do get someone who's better, what good does that do us for the next 11 games?

This team had a chance to make an instant upgrade for a fair price and they passed. I just don't friggin understand this team sometimes.

Oaf
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Hating the fact we didnt take a shot to upgrade a position that has been God awful for many years for a 3rd round pick is a good reason to hate the non-move.

Fully agreed. And by the time we get on clock, it'll be too late for this season anyways. And that is, if we actually pick a player there where we have a need at.

SABuffalo786
10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not hating on the Bills but I am dissapointed that we didn't go for the gusto here.

I have no inside knowledge on how badly Gonzalez didn't want to come here or what the bean counters were telling our football guys but I really think this should've AND could've been done.

Oh well.

raphael120
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
While we passed on TG, so did 30 other teams...I'm not stressing about it. TG isn't going to help our OLine learn how to run block...

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
While we passed on TG, so did 30 other teams...I'm not stressing about it. TG isn't going to help our OLine learn how to run block...

at least 15 of those teams have better TE's than we do.

Mad Bomber
10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
at least 15 of those teams have better TE's than we do.
Op, you are EXACTLY right.

Several years ago, the Buffalo Bills drafted Willis F***ing McGaHee...damaged goods who could NOT possibly contribute to the Bills offense.

Who was the VERY next draft pick taken???

Dallas Clark..TE from Iowa.

Think about it folks...would you have rather had Willis McGahee or Dallas Clark?

We would not be *****ing about our TE position if we had Clark right now....

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 06:32 PM

Several years ago, the Buffalo Bills drafted Willis F***ing McGaHee...damaged goods who could NOT possibly contribute to the Bills offense.

Think about it folks...would you have rather had Willis McGahee or Dallas Clark?

To be fair, didn't we flip those draft picks we got for McGahee to pick up Stroud and Trent Edwards?

Mad Bomber
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I also didn't think the Bills would get Gonzales. I am not crushed about it either. I bet a bunch of bandwagoners will swear off the Bills because of it though. WEAK!!!!I haven't read thru this entie post, but I have to agree with you, Thurm. I NEVER thought that the Bills would have the balls to go after TG. It would have been nice, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, because I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN.

Lexwhat
10-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Either way, you're right about our TE position not being addressed for years. I've been annoyed that we also haven't fixed our Center position for so long either.

Over the past 4-5 years, we have gone through (or currently have):

-- Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Ryan Neufeld, Brad Cieslak, Tim Massaquoi, Courtney Anderson, Teyo Johnson, Michael Gaines, Robert Royal, Derek Schouman, and Derek Fine.

That's an ugly group. Kevin Everett is the only unknown.

BuffaloChip
10-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Would have been sweet! But it didnt happen! OH WELL! lets move on and punch the Chargers in the mouth & go to 5-1!

LtFinFan66
10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Gimmie a break.... :shakeno:I won't complain

baalworship
10-14-2008, 07:33 PM
What we do know:

Bills did inquire into acquiring Tony Gonzales.
Chiefs wanted 3rd.
Chiefs were offered a 3rd but turned it down because the team that offered it was not acceptable to Tony Gonzales!

I wanted Tony G but if he only wants to play for the Giants we can keep the draft picks.

LtFinFan66
10-14-2008, 11:21 PM
AND LMAO at whoever said he's only on pace for 60 catches now.. You think playing for the CHIEFS, with QBs like Huard, Croyle and God knows who else may have something to do with that? Who are the KC WR's other than Bowe again?

WowRead Eb's post again. Nowhere did he say "only" 60 catches and it was a "pro" aquiring TG post:shakeno:

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Read Eb's post again. Nowhere did he say "only" 60 catches and it was a "pro" aquiring TG post:shakeno:
he only reads what he wants.

LtFinFan66
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
indeed

BillsWin
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Apparently in a radio interview he said he wouldnt want to go to the Bills who are not there yet. He wants to win a ring this year. Apparently he doesnt think he is good enough to put us over the edge and get a ring. Who cares its done. at least we tried.

paladin warrior
10-15-2008, 12:08 AM
You said Ralph is cheap. Well yeah He is cheap..Because Ralph is old. He trying to save his money for something going happen to him. Or He is trying save money for Rebuild a New stadium.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 07:53 AM
You said Ralph is cheap. Well yeah He is cheap..Because Ralph is old. He trying to save his money for something going happen to him. Or He is trying save money for Rebuild a New stadium.
Great points!

Jan Reimers
10-15-2008, 08:33 AM
No one here was privy to the negotiations. I read or heard somewhere that the Chiefs were firm on getting a 2nd and a 5th. If that's true, the Bills most likely thought the price was too steep.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 08:50 AM
No one here was privy to the negotiations. I read or heard somewhere that the Chiefs were firm on getting a 2nd and a 5th. If that's true, the Bills most likely thought the price was too steep.
As would I but people not in the know will as always act like they are in the know and complain... :shakeno:

Ebenezer
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
as did anybody in the league.