PDA

View Full Version : Troy Vincent - Man Of The People

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Troy Vincent is an athlete, the head of his own corporation, the founder of a foundation that bears his name, a member of the NFL Players Association's Executive Board, and a devoted family man to his wife and three young children.

But beyond that, he is a successful man who has made himself available to his community as a role model and leader.

Vincent, who is entering his 13th NFL season including the last seven with Philadelphia, deals with many different issues with the many hats he wears each day. But he has found a common thread in all his activities. "It all focuses and revolves around people and dealing with people," Vincent said. "Each conversation is different whether I'm dealing with the players in the National Football League about a situation that's going on in the locker room or at home or if I'm just walking down the street and going to the grocery store and somebody wants to chit-chat about something. It all goes back to people and dealing with people."

Vincent, a Trenton, New Jersey native, established the Troy Vincent Foundation to provide education and other services for young adults who have been involved with the legal system. His goal was to give those youngsters the skills they need to care for themselves and their families as well as a chance to better themselves and ensure they stay out of future legal troubles.

But for Vincent, that wasn't enough.

So in 2002, he and his wife, Tommi formed the "Love Thy Neighbor Community Development and Opportunity Corporation." The new venture is committed to comprehensive community development and aims to build thriving neighborhoods by creating opportunities for positive social and economic change. "I'd like to see more home ownership in my community," Vincent stated. "We're not accustomed to home ownership, we're accustomed to being great renters, great leasers. Until you own, it's very hard to control what goes on. I would love to see more people of color, because that's what I'm seeing every day in my community, with the opportunity to own their own homes."

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.asp?id=845&x=19&y=8