PDA

View Full Version : The Robert Royal Fumble?

BillsFanInMass
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
How come DJ didnt challenge that.Not only did his knee appear to touch the ground when he did that stupid reach with the ball he hit the ground with it. I thought the ground couldnt cause a fumble isnt that a rule?

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
he knee wasn't down and the ball was out before he hit the ground.

mybills
10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
How come DJ didnt challenge that.Not only did his knee appear to touch the ground when he did that stupid reach with the ball he hit the ground with it. I thought the ground couldnt cause a fumble isnt that a rule?
Actually, it was on the ground, then it wasn't when the ball came loose as he pushed it on the ground. Even Royal knew that he was down by contact. The ref went by where the knee was when the ball came loose, and missed when it first touched. Jauron missed when it first touched, too. Apparently so did a lot of people here. Had Jauron not missed when it first touched, he would have challenged it, and it would have been over turned. Then we wouldn't be reading so many hate posts about Jauron or Royal.
:drama:

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
To me it didn't look like his knee hit the ground at any point.

mybills
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
To me it didn't look like his knee hit the ground at any point.
It was right before he got twisted upward onto the defender.

LtFinFan66
10-14-2008, 11:09 PM
it was a fumble. That is all. knee NEVER touched

B-DON
10-15-2008, 12:04 AM

A little late with this aren't you. this has been discussed already

jamze132
10-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Let it go people. His knee wasn't down, he fumbled the ball because his legs were twisting the wrong way and he's lucky he isn't on IR right now.

It's not like if Dick threw a challenge flag, we would have miraculously won the game.

thenry20
10-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Blame the loss on the O-line. Again.

They didn't make the adjustment to pick up the blitzer and the QB shouldn't audibled to a run play.

The C and LG are to blame on the Lynch fumble as that DT make his way 7 yards into the backfield on the snap!!! JP put the ball where he should've but Marshawn was fearing for his life he didn't bother to look the ball into his arms.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2008, 06:20 AM
The replay clearly shows that his knee wasn't down. We've been through this over a week ago, why go through it again?

LtFinFan66
10-15-2008, 06:55 AM
exactly!!

BillsFanInMass
10-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Even if his Knee wasnt down he slammed the ball off the ground when he reached out. I just thought the ground couldnt cause a fumble.Also i know we would have still lost the game.I just want to know whyit was called a fumble if the ground caused it?

MikeInRoch
10-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Because if you aren't down, the ground absolutely can cause a fumble.

justasportsfan
10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Blame the loss on the O-line. Again.

They didn't make the adjustment to pick up the blitzer and the QB shouldn't audibled to a run play.

The C and LG are to blame on the Lynch fumble as that DT make his way 7 yards into the backfield on the snap!!! JP put the ball where he should've but Marshawn was fearing for his life he didn't bother to look the ball into his arms.
Don't start this all over again. Just make it easy on all of us and say it's all JP's fault, even the Royal fumble.

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Do you honestly think that if we had maintained possession of the ball, we would've won the game? We got slaughtered 41-17 remember?