PDA

View Full Version : Kelly and Lynch Video

Romes
10-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Funny stuff.

http://www.marshawn23.com/TV.aspx

Dujek
10-15-2008, 03:41 AM
The more you see of Lynch the more you realise that there's some real intelligence behind the buffoonery.

Can't believe Jim Kelly compared Dick Jauron to Marv Levy though...

Romes
10-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Agreed, about Lynch.

...and Kelly is a bit of a homer. :D

hydro
10-15-2008, 05:36 AM
The more you see of Lynch the more you realise that there's some real intelligence behind the buffoonery.

Can't believe Jim Kelly compared Dick Jauron to Marv Levy though...

I have heard Thurman Thomas make the same association on WGR550 before :ill:

madness
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
In the same light, did anybody catch Kenny Mayne's interview of TE in ESPN magazine? I got it off the BB.com.

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Trent was featured in Kenny's piece inside of the Espn the magazine called Outtakes.

Here's the interview.... a pretty funny read to be honest.

KM: I always do research before these interviews. Or try to. But with you, nothing comes up. Just football information. Is there nothing more to you than your sport?
TE: One of my most embarrassing moments was during a slow pitch softball league game back in my hometown of Los Gatos, Calif. I came up with two out in the last inning. I took the first pitch for a strike, and I missed the last two. A strikeout to end the game. My family was there, and everyone was laughing at me.
KM: I feel better about my play in the celebrity softball game at the All-Star break now.
TE: The other thing I'll offer is that I'm starting to get into the band Journey a bit.
KM: Sure. Steve Perry.
TE: Obviously a solid, solid singer. When we played the Raiders, "Don't Stop Believin'" came on right after Johnnie Lee Higgins put them up nine with 6 1/2 minutes left. The song calmed me. I don't know if we could have won without Journey in the background.

KM: At Stanford you were right down the road from Jerry Rice. Ever get advice?
TE: Actually, as a junior in high school I went to the Stanford football camp. They were recruiting me at that point. Jerry was there running routes, and someone asked if I wanted to throw him a pass. So I threw it as far as I could, and the dude just ran it down. And that was it. I had reached my pinnacle.

KM: Are you still upset with the Counting Crows?
TE: Where did you learn that?
KM: I do better research than I made it seem.
TE: Well, here's my issue with the Counting Crows. I think Adam Duritz went to Cal. And he came to every game against us and took the Stanford Axe after the game, because they won every time I was there. Marshawn Lynch tells me Adam was a big Cal groupie, and sure, they had a reason to celebrate, but I didn't like his being on their sideline.
KM: I did a story once with Marshawn to show how much fun Buffalo can be. Does he still party at Dave & Buster's a lot?
TE: He's moved on to Applebee's. But there's also T.G.I. Friday's, Red Lobster, Long John Silver's, Ruby Tuesday - and we got a Cheesecake Factory, which is huge.

KM: You're not married, but do you have a girlfriend?
TE: No, I'm single.
KM: Do you just go to Dave & Buster's and wait for it to happen?
TE: Yeah. I play Golden Tee in the corner and hope a striking blonde will be impressed and come over. Then I can buy her a Diet Coke at the bar.

KM: You know, because I'm a native, I raised Seattle's 12th Man flag the other week.
TE: They must be running low on people to do that.

KM: I've just arrived at Roaring Brook Elementary to pick up my daughter. I'm late. She's probably in the cafeteria, thinking her parents have forsaken her. I'm going to find the first kid I know and... hey, Sammy D, want to ask a football player a question?
[Background discussion]
KM: She declined.
TE: Oh, come on.
KM: You can report that Sammy D turned down the opportunity to talk.

hydro
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Trent Edwards has a great sense of humor from what I can tekk in that article. I didn't expect that at all!

madness
10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Trent Edwards has a great sense of humor from what I can in that article. I didn't expect that at all!

I know, I was cracking up when I read that. He could pass for KM's sidekick.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
that is DAMN funny. Love the part about Dave and Busters.

and I love the fact that he loves Journey and that "Dont Stop Believing" got him in the mood to win the game.