PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks...

HHURRICANE
10-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks and admitted that we don't have a good TE on the roster, now what?

How many more hybrid TEs are we going to keep drafting until we get a 6-5 to 6-7 guy who can catch the ball?

Jan Reimers
10-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I think Royal understands that Gonzalez is a better tight than he is, and will take our interest in upgrading the position simply as a sign that we were trying to improve our team, not that he "stinks." In fact, Royal is probably an average TE in this league, where Gonzalez is a Hall of Famer.

I still think Schouman could develop, and Fine has not seen the field yet. I wouldn't totally write off the position.

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 07:35 AM
I've written off ever getting a quality TE. Think about it. Over the past decade or so, we've had good players come and go at EVERY position EXCEPT TE and possibly QB (although we may have our QB now). It's the one position that no Bills regime ever seems to get right. They just don't value it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks and admitted that we don't have a good TE on the roster, now what?

How many more hybrid TEs are we going to keep drafting until we get a 6-5 to 6-7 guy who can catch the ball?
What do you mean now what? If the guy has any heart this will wake him up and he will play harder.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
I've written off ever getting a quality TE. Think about it. Over the past decade or so, we've had good players come and go at EVERY position EXCEPT TE and possibly QB (although we may have our QB now). It's the one position that no Bills regime ever seems to get right. They just don't value it.
We could have had Dallas Clark. Instead we drafted Willis McGahee.:rolleyes:
Dallas Clark went to the Colts on the very next pick.

bigbub2352
10-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I am still baffled by why Derek Fine why he is not on IR, here we r going on week 6 and this guy still isnt practicing and has been out with a thumb injury why keep him on the roster ?

Why not sign someone or bring someone in or keep someone that we cutt
Sometimes this front office makes no sense

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I am still baffled by why Derek Fine why he is not on IR, here we r going on week 6 and this guy still isnt practicing and has been out with a thumb injury why keep him on the roster ?

Maybe they think hes really good and will make in impact when he gets back. I know lots of us hated the pick, but they obviously like what hes done enough to not scrap him and move on for the year.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2008, 09:10 AM

I was thinking the same thing. While Fine may turn out to be a very good player - or not - it makes little sense to keep him on the active roster if he is still several weeks from playing, which seems to be the case.

The FO had no trouble putting Crowell on IR immediately after surgery, but they seem to be unconcerned about Fine's status.

bigbub2352
10-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Maybe they think hes really good and will make in impact when he gets back. I know lots of us hated the pick, but they obviously like what hes done enough to not scrap him and move on for the year.

Well the way i look at it potential or not he is contrbuting 0, and basically is not even mentioned as a guy on his way back fomr injury, i had this same arguement last year about Ryan Denney who came back form injury and was useless, i am not saying Fine will suck but we didnt even get to see him in the preseason,
Then they IR Poz last year when he would have been out 8weeks
Just saying Fine is a number 3 TE and will contribute very little if at all on OFFense we hope he will live up to his billing on ST, but still i think i would have IR him and kept Tim Massaqoui

bigbub2352
10-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing. While Fine may turn out to be a very good player - or not - it makes little sense to keep him on the active roster if he is still several weeks from playing, which seems to be the case.

The FO had no trouble putting Crowell on IR immediately after surgery, but they seem to be unconcerned about Fine's status.

Also the lack of updates on him, plus Roscoe's quick recovery makes me think this injury is much worse then reported or he had a set back

Crowell being put on IR was a message, one that in my opinion was the right thing to do Crowell is good but replaceable, FIne is a waste of a spot right now and we could have someone on the roster that could at the very least help in the redzone

mybills
10-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Crowell can't play all season, Fine can play half a season. He'll be back soon, since we're almost half way now.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
It was a waste to keep Fine over Crowell that is obvious

mybills
10-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Their injuries are different. It makes sense.

Bling
10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Anthony Fasano for Lee Evans?

Lexwhat
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM

Don't you think the PUP List would have been a smarter choice for Derek Fine? He would have been inactive for the 1st 6 weeks of the season, and then the Bills have a 3 week window to either place him on IR or promote him back to the active roster.

I'm not sure what the provisions are though, or when a player can be placed on PUP.

bigbub2352
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Don't you think the PUP List would have been a smarter choice for Derek Fine? He would have been inactive for the 1st 6 weeks of the season, and then the Bills have a 3 week window to either place him on IR or promote him back to the active roster.

I'm not sure what the provisions are though, or when a player can be placed on PUP.
yes that would have been smart as well

HHURRICANE
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM

Because he is a better option than Crowell. ohh wait...that doesn't look right...but it is.:ill:

Tatonka
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
if my hockey team said we tried to sign wayne gretzky to replace you but it didnt work out.. i would say.. well wayne is clearly way better than me, so i understand that move.. good thing it didnt work out..

i dont think it means that poor little royal has had his feelings hurt.

the nfl is a business. they are trying to do what is best for the team. and if royal wants to keep a job he will keep playing hard like he always has.

simple as that.

homeslice5484
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Put an extra WR on the field everytime Royal would be out there. Hardy and Steve Johnson are much more of a threat than he ever will be. He makes more rookie mistakes than any rookie we have on our roster would make.

BillsWin
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Teyo Johnson was 6'7'' and could catch. Look what happened to him! :poop:

yordad
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Royal does stink.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Put an extra WR on the field everytime Royal would be out there. Hardy and Steve Johnson are much more of a threat than he ever will be. He makes more rookie mistakes than any rookie we have on our roster would make.
Royal is a much better blocker than either Hardy or Johnson. We sometimes lose sight of the fact that some formations need a blocking TE, versus a pass catcher. And Royal is not the worst receiver, either.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2008, 11:53 AM

He can't go the PUP list once he practices in TC so it was not an option.

Lexwhat
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
He can't go the PUP list once he practices in TC so it was not an option.

Ohh i see.

Thanks for clearing it up!