Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks...

Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks and admitted that we don't have a good TE on the roster, now what?

How many more hybrid TEs are we going to keep drafting until we get a 6-5 to 6-7 guy who can catch the ball?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks...

I think Royal understands that Gonzalez is a better tight than he is, and will take our interest in upgrading the position simply as a sign that we were trying to improve our team, not that he "stinks." In fact, Royal is probably an average TE in this league, where Gonzalez is a Hall of Famer.

I still think Schouman could develop, and Fine has not seen the field yet. I wouldn't totally write off the position.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I've written off ever getting a quality TE. Think about it. Over the past decade or so, we've had good players come and go at EVERY position EXCEPT TE and possibly QB (although we may have our QB now). It's the one position that no Bills regime ever seems to get right. They just don't value it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Okay, so now that we told Royal he stinks and admitted that we don't have a good TE on the roster, now what?

How many more hybrid TEs are we going to keep drafting until we get a 6-5 to 6-7 guy who can catch the ball?
        What do you mean now what? If the guy has any heart this will wake him up and he will play harder.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I've written off ever getting a quality TE. Think about it. Over the past decade or so, we've had good players come and go at EVERY position EXCEPT TE and possibly QB (although we may have our QB now). It's the one position that no Bills regime ever seems to get right. They just don't value it.
          We could have had Dallas Clark. Instead we drafted Willis McGahee.
          Dallas Clark went to the Colts on the very next pick.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I am still baffled by why Derek Fine why he is not on IR, here we r going on week 6 and this guy still isnt practicing and has been out with a thumb injury why keep him on the roster ?

Why not sign someone or bring someone in or keep someone that we cutt
            Sometimes this front office makes no sense
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I am still baffled by why Derek Fine why he is not on IR, here we r going on week 6 and this guy still isnt practicing and has been out with a thumb injury why keep him on the roster ?

Maybe they think hes really good and will make in impact when he gets back. I know lots of us hated the pick, but they obviously like what hes done enough to not scrap him and move on for the year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I was thinking the same thing. While Fine may turn out to be a very good player - or not - it makes little sense to keep him on the active roster if he is still several weeks from playing, which seems to be the case.

The FO had no trouble putting Crowell on IR immediately after surgery, but they seem to be unconcerned about Fine's status.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  Maybe they think hes really good and will make in impact when he gets back. I know lots of us hated the pick, but they obviously like what hes done enough to not scrap him and move on for the year.
                  Well the way i look at it potential or not he is contrbuting 0, and basically is not even mentioned as a guy on his way back fomr injury, i had this same arguement last year about Ryan Denney who came back form injury and was useless, i am not saying Fine will suck but we didnt even get to see him in the preseason,
                  Then they IR Poz last year when he would have been out 8weeks
                  Just saying Fine is a number 3 TE and will contribute very little if at all on OFFense we hope he will live up to his billing on ST, but still i think i would have IR him and kept Tim Massaqoui
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I was thinking the same thing. While Fine may turn out to be a very good player - or not - it makes little sense to keep him on the active roster if he is still several weeks from playing, which seems to be the case.

The FO had no trouble putting Crowell on IR immediately after surgery, but they seem to be unconcerned about Fine's status.
                    Also the lack of updates on him, plus Roscoe's quick recovery makes me think this injury is much worse then reported or he had a set back

Crowell being put on IR was a message, one that in my opinion was the right thing to do Crowell is good but replaceable, FIne is a waste of a spot right now and we could have someone on the roster that could at the very least help in the redzone
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Crowell can't play all season, Fine can play half a season. He'll be back soon, since we're almost half way now.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

It was a waste to keep Fine over Crowell that is obvious

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Their injuries are different. It makes sense.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Anthony Fasano for Lee Evans?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Don't you think the PUP List would have been a smarter choice for Derek Fine? He would have been inactive for the 1st 6 weeks of the season, and then the Bills have a 3 week window to either place him on IR or promote him back to the active roster.

I'm not sure what the provisions are though, or when a player can be placed on PUP.

Comment

Working...
                              X