PDA

View Full Version : More good news...

Dujek
10-15-2008, 06:59 AM
For anyone else in the UK and Western Europe...

Sky Sports will be broadcasting the Bills/Chargers game live this Sunday, at 6pm BST (7pm CET).

That's 3 games in a row that the Bills have been one of the broadcast games, which is amazing as usually you get one game at "regular" game-time per season and then any of the prime-time games.

Given that they will be showing the MNF game and Toronto game that gives us a minimum of 5 Bills games broadcast live this season.

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 07:20 AM
I live in the DC area. It's roughly 400 miles from Buffalo, and we have yet to have one Bills game televised locally. How is it that countries on the other side of the ocean where football (the American version) isn't even that popular get more Bills games than we do?

Fortunately I have Sunday Ticket, but if I didn't I'd be SOL.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
I live in the DC area. It's roughly 400 miles from Buffalo, and we have yet to have one Bills game televised locally. How is it that countries on the other side of the ocean where football (the American version) isn't even that popular get more Bills games than we do?

Fortunately I have Sunday Ticket, but if I didn't I'd be SOL.

Sucks to be you. I live about 400 miles from Buffalo, and get every Bills game. I'm also not subject to blackouts :up:

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Sucks to be you. I live about 400 miles from Buffalo, and get every Bills game. I'm also not subject to blackouts :up:

Part of the problem is that this is a two-team market- the Ravens and the Redskins- and neither team is in the Bills division. So, those two teams get preference, and if those teams aren't playing, they show their division rivals.

Also, they don't compete with the other game. So, if, for example, the Redskins play at 1 and the Ravens play at 4, the Redskins game will be the only game on locally at 1 and the Ravens game will be the only game on locally at 4. So being in a two team market actually means LESS football. It sucks.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2008, 07:37 AM

Fortunately I have Sunday Ticket, but if I didn't I'd be SOL.Ditto