Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Forbes Magazine: BIlls Among Most Likely To Move

Buffalo Bills

NFL
    Value: $885 million (27/32)
    Value three years ago: $708 million (25/32)
    Market size: 1.1 million (No. 46 nationally)
    The team's fortunes are growing at a slower pace than the rest of the league. Playing in outdated Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Bills are already hosting a handful of home games across Lake Ontario in Toronto. The spiffier Rogers Centre brings in more revenue; if Toronto comes dangling more goodies to lure the Bills full-time, Buffalo will have a hard time trying to win a money war.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forbes Magazine: BIlls Among Most Likely To Move

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/08/vik...er=yahoosports

Buffalo Bills

NFL
    Value: $885 million (27/32)
    Value three years ago: $708 million (25/32)
    Market size: 1.1 million (No. 46 nationally)
    The team's fortunes are growing at a slower pace than the rest of the league. Playing in outdated Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Bills are already hosting a handful of home games across Lake Ontario in Toronto. The spiffier Rogers Centre brings in more revenue; if Toronto comes dangling more goodies to lure the Bills full-time, Buffalo will have a hard time trying to win a money war.
    Yes crap we have already known.

They are not moving.

Also in all honesty the Rodgers Center is the worst stadium to watch any sporting event. IT SUCKS BALLS.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

that's an interesting report for Pre-financial crisis. I bet with credit dried up, a new owner will have a harder time financing a purchase and a new stadium.

Additionally, these mega teams in the top 5 of earning rely heavily on corporate sponsorship for seats and for boxes. Not only do these seat sales dry up, but their fans aren't really passionate to spend a lot of their own money on the experience.

Buffalo and greenbay fills the stadium with everyday folk. it'll be interesting in the next two years to see how these top 5 teams with a lot of debt and potentially shrinking consumers deal while teams like Buffalo have very little debt, a stadium that's filled with fans even when the team sucks. These fans show up rain or shine.

I think the average buffalo bill fan came out ahead in all of this for the short term.
      Last edited by trapezeus; 10-15-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Yea, anyone who says that crap stadium is nice is out of there mind, with their patchwork field. I f'n hate that place.

No tail gating and the Buffalo Bills does not mix. If they ever do move the team they better change the name so Jim Kelly and TG can somehow pull off a Cleavland Browns deal.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
          Yea, anyone who says that crap stadium is nice is out of there mind, with their patchwork field. I f'n hate that place.

No tail gating and the Buffalo Bills does not mix. If they ever do move the team they better change the name so Jim Kelly and TG can somehow pull off a Cleavland Browns deal.
          The stadium is fine. The field is brand new. If you were going to complain about the Ralph why would you single out one the newest things about it?

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            The stadium is fine. The field is brand new. If you were going to complain about the Ralph why would you single out one the newest things about it?
            I think he means Toronto.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

since this seems the proper forum, the wall street journal had an article about how bills fans are the rowdiest and out of control. they then cite how the Eagles are the leaders in taking care of rowdiness.

to which i say, of course they are. They are so out of control, you know they are doing something wrong. Bills fans toe the line of being inappropriate with their drunken-ness. our fans also put up with some horrible seasons. notice how it's not so bad now that their good. yet the eagles still have douchey fans after being a powerhouse in the NFC east for 10 years.

The article reads as though the author came to a bills game and was heckled or something.

plus not to mention with the state of affairs in the country and the economy, a piece on bills security seems pretty tacky.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                He was talking about the Rogers Centre.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                  He was talking about the Rogers Centre.
                  I am ASS!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Forbes magazine
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      Forbes magazine

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Forbes magazine
                          seriously, forbes is such a leading force in economics that it totally missed the issue with credit default swaps and mortgage backed securities.

now we are suppose to believe that they understand the NFL market as well.

Comment

• Bravo82
                            • Aug 2008

Forbes magazine
                            right on

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

**** you Forbes! Come on....the ****ing piece of **** Jacksonville Jaguars cover up several thousand seats and still can't sell out. The Colts struggled selling out until they finally won a Super Bowl and got a shiny new stadium. The Vikings have been rumored to move, especially if they don't get a new stadium. The Saints struggled to sell out many times and until Benson got his new roof and improved stadium, he talked about moving many times. I still see them moving, especially with the many people who left due to Katrina and other hurricanes. The Bills have a 73,000 seat stadium, one of the bigger ones in the NFL and probably the biggest in a small market. When the team is actually doing something and doesn't suck ass, they sell out like crazy. Lots of fans buy merchandise and different things. Hell, even the TV ratings are big in the whole Buffalo Bills of Western NY market. So....stop this moving ****! Toronto can go to hell and leave our ****ing team alone!

Comment

Working...
                              X