PDA

View Full Version : We're screwed now

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-30-2003, 09:03 PM
The Bills today announced that the team has released cornerback Chris Watson. Watson spent the last three seasons with the Bills and played in 44 games and made 13 starts over that span.

The team has agreed to terms on a contract with offensive lineman T.J. Watkins, who was with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted rookie free agent during the 2002 preseason. Watkins played collegiately at Clemson, where he played both guard and tackle.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=178621&dsp=press

WG
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
2 seasons overdue...

:D

Tatonka
04-30-2003, 11:05 PM
in all fairness to watson, we ALL thought that he would be ok as the nickle back after his season ending performance the year before. he really just regressed terribly last year.

WCoastFin
05-01-2003, 03:43 AM
Mistake at this point IMO, Unless of course they have someone better in mind.....Watson was better than nothing, or whoever you have now taking his place.

mush69
05-01-2003, 05:32 AM
What about Thomas? No reason why he shouldn't be able to move right in to Watsons spot.

TypicalBill
05-01-2003, 05:45 AM
We've got Thomas, Bostic and Sidney challenging for the spot...McGee could be added to the mix too..non of the above could do worse than Watson..he was AWFUL.

I remember J.Harrington saying when asked about why he was picking on Watson and passing it to the guy that was covered by him, he said that he wasn't picking on Watson but the guy that was covered by him was always open. That was the case all season long, he was the weak link in the defense IMO, whenever we got the opposition to 3rd down situations, they'd throw it at him and get the first.

Earthquake Enyart
05-01-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

I remember J.Harrington saying when asked about why he was picking on Watson and passing it to the guy that was covered by him, he said that he wasn't picking on Watson but the guy that was covered by him was always open.

:rofl:

Out of the mouths of babes....

I still blame the stubborn scheme that had Watson on the other teams #1 WR instead of on the #3 where he belonged. I'm not saying he wasn't horrible, but the coaching staff sure didn't do the guy any favors.

justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 09:00 AM
WCF

Mistake at this point IMO, Unless of course they have someone better in mind.....Watson was better than nothing, or whoever you have now taking his place.

Mush

What about Thomas? No reason why he shouldn't be able to move right in to Watsons spot.

Typicall

We've got Thomas, Bostic and Sidney challenging for the spot...McGee could be added to the mix too..non of the above could do worse than Watson..he was AWFUL.

:sadwalk: <---- WCF

wbat27
05-01-2003, 09:07 AM
not only did he get picked on he made stupid penalties. I agree should of happened last year

justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Welcome wbat27 !!! How did you end up here?

Dman
05-01-2003, 09:31 AM
I..for one will miss Chris Watson..
He was truely...the best punt catcher I've ever seen!!
:blamelog:

LtBillsFan66
05-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
in all fairness to watson, we ALL thought that he would be ok as the nickle back after his season ending performance the year before. he really just regressed terribly last year.

Yup.

He did play well the year before.

WCoastFin
05-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Thomas????? oh yeah thats right..........pfffff

ublinkwescore
05-01-2003, 04:26 PM
He picked off Favre in his first start didn't he (or did he get a start earlier in the year?).

Cntrygal
05-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by wbat27
not only did he get picked on he made stupid penalties. I agree should of happened last year

Welcome wbat27!!!! :)

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 04:43 PM
watson single handedly gave 3 first downs to denver due to pass interference calls.. as well as the final one to seal the deal, that gave them the first down to run out the clock instead of punt.

The_Philster
05-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
He picked off Favre in his first start didn't he (or did he get a start earlier in the year?).

That was his first start.