PDA

View Full Version : the REAL reason why we didn't trade for Gonzo

justasportsfan
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Fine ready?
By Chris Brown - Posted October 15th, 2008
Bills rookie TE Derek Fine began participating in passing drills on Monday and is doing so again today in practice. When I spoke briefly to Fine leading up to the Arizona game he said, “One more week.”

There’s a decent chance that Fine may finally be ready to dress for a game this week, but we’ll wait on the official word from Dick Jauron and the release of the injury report this afternoon.

Of course even if he is ready for action it doesn’t mean he’ll be active on Sunday. But knowing he’d be a versatile addition to special teams he should get consideration.

Gonzales Who?
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

Ebenezer
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Dozer hit it on the head this morning...KC got greedy.

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I seriously hope we didn't pass on Gonzo for Derek Fine. That would be about the dumbest move in the history of an organization known for dumb moves.

Mitchell55
10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Um we did try to trade for him. Its just KC didnt pull the plug.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Um we did try to trade for him. Its just KC didnt pull the plug.

pull the plug? you mean the trigger?

we werent looking to end anyone's life here, for gosh sakes. unless it is Tim Anderson.

jamze132
10-16-2008, 04:44 AM
"rofl"

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 05:00 AM
I seriously hope we didn't pass on Gonzo for Derek Fine. That would be about the dumbest move in the history of an organization known for dumb moves.
First, we didn't "pass" on Gonzalez. It appears that KC was firm on wanting a 2nd and a 5th, which we apparently thought was too high for a 32 year old player who may be in decline.

Second, Derek Fine may become a very good young player. Let's at least give him a chance.

Night Train
10-16-2008, 05:30 AM
First, we didn't "pass" on Gonzalez. It appears that KC was firm on wanting a 2nd and a 5th, which we apparently thought was too high for a 32 year old player who may be in decline.

Second, Derek Fine may become a very good young player. Let's at least give him a chance.

I would have been very pissed if we gave up a 2nd & 5th for a guy who publicly stated he may retire in a year.

njsue
10-16-2008, 05:56 AM
I for one am glad the Bills did not give up anything for this guy who will probably retire in a couple of years.

DraftBoy
10-16-2008, 07:11 AM

Im glad we passed on Gonzalez even if the price was just a third.

You have nothing to base that off of but hope and prayers. We've beaten that horse to death already though.

Im joyful with glee that our 4th Round pick may actually get a chance to dress this season though! :sarcasm:

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM

First, forget what it appears because it's all just conjecture. It's amazing how you're so quick to defend the Bills' FO because we don't know what really went on but you're willing to believe rumor and conjecture about what KC wanted.

Second, passing on a HOF TE who may be the best player in history to ever play the position because a late round draft pick may become a good player some day? That's just insane. If anything, it's more reason to get Gonzales now because we'll have a functional TE now regardless of whether Fine ever develops into a good player.

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
First, forget what it appears because it's all just conjecture. It's amazing how you're so quick to defend the Bills' FO because we don't know what really went on but you're willing to believe rumor and conjecture about what KC wanted.
There are several so called rumors or so called inside info but at least there's something where you have nothing yet you're so quick to judge the bills screweing up on this ?

Shefter is better than anything you have.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Shefter is better than anything you have.

This time he's better because he's saying something good about the Bills.

Next week, when he writes something bad about us, he'll once again be just another media hack who ignores the Bills.

mybills
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Bills rookie TE Derek Fine began participating in passing drills on Monday and is doing so again today in practice. When I spoke briefly to Fine leading up to the Arizona game he said, “One more week.”

I called that! :jill:

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
This time he's better because he's saying something good about the Bills.

Next week, when he writes something bad about us, he'll once again be just another media hack who ignores the Bills.
no. it has nothing to do about whether he said anything good or not. His friends are richer than yours. You had zero info yet you started to blast the bills. I will always go with Shefters friends before I ever listen to your ramblings with zero info to back it up.

raphael120
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
That's like saying "Oh we don't want LT to come here cuz I heard Shaud Williams wants another shot at the RB position"

Griff
10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Gonzo is not at his peak performance age, he's much slower.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Gonzo is not at his peak performance age, he's much slower.

yet still better than anything we have by a long shot.

Tatonka
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
op dont you ever get tired of having such a poor attitude? it amazes me that you never have anything good to say about anyone.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
op dont you ever get tired of having such a poor attitude? it amazes me that you never have anything good to say about anyone.

Sorry, but I'm not going to argue about my attitude anymore. I'm trying to stay on topic and keep the posts about football.

If you disagree what I said, feel free to post why and I'll be happy to respond.

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
yet still better than anything we have by a long shot.
but not good enough to give up a 2nd rd for expecially since he's already started to talk about retirement.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
It's amazing how you're so quick to defend the Bills' FO because we don't know what really went on but you're willing to believe rumor and conjecture about what KC wanted.

But not as quick as you are to condemn the FO, or as rabid, or as cranky.

So I guess you're the "winner."

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
But not as quick as you are to condemn the FO, or as rabid, or as cranky.

So I guess you're the "winner."

I'll stop condemning the FO when they stop losing. So far, they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt. Some people like to assume competence because of their title. I prefer to see competence demonstrated.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll stop condemning the FO when they stop losing. So far, they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt. Some people like to assume competence because of their title. I prefer to see competence demonstrated.
Why can't you enjoy the 4-1 start just a little, and ease off on all the negativity? Sure, it may all come crashing down, but why not savor it for now. That's what's enjoyable about sports - you can live in the moment and not rant and rave and worry continually about the past.

But we've had this conversaion before. . .

yordad
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Dang, I'm like right in the middle of yall, mind set wise.

Typ0
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
why are the conversations always the same when someone asks for performance instead of hope? The "optimists" always come along and whine and complain about someone not being a blind optimist. It's pathetic. It's a public message board folks. If you can't accept not everyone is an optimist for the sake of being an optimist and not have it bother you maybe you shouldn't read.

Typ0
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Dang, I'm like right in the middle of yall, mind set wise.

I agree.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
why are the conversations always the same when someone asks for performance instead of hope? The "optimists" always come along and whine and complain about someone not being a blind optimist. It's pathetic. It's a public message board folks. If you can't accept not everyone is an optimist for the sake of being an optimist and not have it bother you maybe you shouldn't read.

I would consider 4-1 an exceptional performance, and I consider that being realistic.

Typ0
10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I would consider 4-1 an exceptional performance, and I consider that being realistic.

right, we beat teams that are a combined 6- 15. I'm happy with the start but calling it exceptional when we have only played the worst teams in the league is quite a stretch...translating that into calling the team proven is downright unrealistic.

Mitchell55
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
pull the plug? you mean the trigger?

we werent looking to end anyone's life here, for gosh sakes. unless it is Tim Anderson.

LOL sorry.