PDA

View Full Version : Some Behind the Gonzo Trade Detail

ghz in pittsburgh
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
because Gonzo did not want to come to Buffalo.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=806267

So all things being equal, The Chiefs still would trade him to the Packers or others. I doubt Gonzo can nick any trades but I'm sure the Bills would not want a guy who does not want to come here.

And after all of that, Peterson still wants a 2nd round pick. Screw that!

JD
10-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I hope he gets pelted with ice balls on november 23rd

camelcowboy
10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
who cares? He's a chief, they let their hof tightend rot. Bills tried, A for effort. Let's move on!

RockStar36
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I really think way more is being made out of this than should be.

People are jumping all over the Bills like they are idiots for not giving up whatever it was the Chiefs wanted, yet no other team wanted to give that much up for TG either. That has to say something about the player and the teams demands. We try to act like we know what's going on behind closed doors but we honestly have no idea.

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Why are players hating on the Bills? The Packers with Rodgers is more of an "upstart" team than the Bills are. And look at everyone's records thus far, besides the Giants we're the best team in the running.

**** Gonzales. I hope he rots in Kansas City for the rest of his career.

JD
10-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Why are players hating on the Bills? The Packers with Rodgers is more of an "upstart" team than the Bills are. And look at everyone's records thus far, besides the Giants we're the best team in the running.

**** Gonzales. I hope he rots in Kansas City for the rest of his career.
I hope he retires without a playoff win, **** him.

RockStar36
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey, if he really said he didn't want to play in Buffalo, thank him for being honest. I'd rather have him say that upfront then after a trade where he is more unhappy and it affects his play.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
No but the Bills are Cheap, and incompetant blah blah blah.... oh wait he didn't want to come here????? No the Bills are Cheap and incompetant.... WHAAAAHHHH

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Stop and think for a moment, people.

First, did it ever occur to you that it's the FO's JOB TO MAKE PLAYERS WANT TO COME HERE? If players don't want to come here, there are reasons for it and the FO needs to be prepared for that.

Second, PLEASE stop saying that no other team was willing to give up a 2nd for him either. It's proof of NOTHING because most other teams have better TE's than we do.

Jeff1220
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I really think way more is being made out of this than should be.

But that never happens around here. :rolleyes:

RockStar36
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM

First, did it ever occur to you that it's the FO's JOB TO MAKE PLAYERS WANT TO COME HERE? If players don't want to come here, there are reasons for it and the FO needs to be prepared for that.

Second, PLEASE stop saying that no other team was willing to give up a 2nd for him either. It's proof of NOTHING because most other teams have better TE's than we do.

I won't stop saying that.

Are you telling me right now that the tight end situation in New York or Philly is that much better than the situation in Buffalo?

And it isn't all on the FO. TG can make up his own mind. Players want to come to Buffalo. Just because TG didn't want to come to Buffalo, you can't pin that all on the FO. They do a very good job of getting players to come here.

Bravo82
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
gee. why would he block a trade to a 4-1 team? its not like the chiefs are going anywhere this season. the bills on the other hand are in prime position to make the postseason. and with what we have seen the last couple years, once you are in the playoffs, its anybody's game.

Jeff1220
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM

If a veteran player with a lot of say in his trade doesn't want to live in a certain area of the country for any reason, I don't think a couple of employers are going to change his mind. Especially when that player could already retire wealthy, with HOF credentials. I know for a fact that teaching jobs have better pay and pension in Pennsylvania (30 min or so from where I live), but I don't care because I refuse to live or work in PA, no matter how some school administrator might try to sell it to me.

RockStar36
10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
gee. why would he block a trade to a 4-1 team? its not like the chiefs are going anywhere this season. the bills on the other hand are in prime position to make the postseason. and with what we have seen the last couple years, once you are in the playoffs, its anybody's game.

Some players probably don't look at things like the fans of that particular team do.

Maybe TG preferred the Giants. They also only have one loss and they are the defending SB champs. They've shown they can get to the playoffs and win it all. Buffalo hasn't proven anything yet. TG doesn't know anything about Buffalo's situation or whether or not they are an up and coming team. Just because Bills fans think they are on the move and will go to the playoffs doesn't mean other people do.

SABuffalo786
10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope he gets pelted with ice balls on november 23rd

It's in KC. :(

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Second, PLEASE stop saying that no other team was willing to give up a 2nd for him either. It's proof of NOTHING because most other teams have better TE's than we do. Kevin Boss is better? Leonard Pope? Donald Lee?

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I won't stop saying that.

Are you telling me right now that the tight end situation in New York or Philly is that much better than the situation in Buffalo?

And it isn't all on the FO. TG can make up his own mind. Players want to come to Buffalo. Just because TG didn't want to come to Buffalo, you can't pin that all on the FO. They do a very good job of getting players to come here.

NY maybe not.

Philly has LJ Smith, who isn't great but is leagues ahead of Royal.

TG isn't the only player who didn't want to come to Buffalo. Darwin Walker comes immediately to mind. You CAN pin that on the FO because one of the FO's jobs is to make Buffalo a place where players WANT to play. Otherwise they won't be able to compete.

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Kevin Boss is better? Leonard Pope? Donald Lee?

I said MOST, not ALL. People are talking like the ENTIRE LEAGUE rejected the guy, but that's not true because many teams are already set at TE.

Goobylal
10-15-2008, 05:59 PM
NY maybe not.

TG isn't the only player who didn't want to come to Buffalo. Darwin Walker comes immediately to mind. You CAN pin that on the FO because one of the FO's jobs is to make Buffalo a place where players WANT to play. Otherwise they won't be able to compete.
You'd think that a 4-1 record and a promising QB would be enough incentive for a guy like Gonzalez to want to join them. Especially considering he seemed fine being traded to Green Bay.

F Gonzalez. I hope he rots away in KC now.

Bulldog
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
NY maybe not.

Darwin Walker. Boy, Buffalo sure missed the boat on that one. Is that the same Darwin Walker that went to Chicago and got released soon there after? Terrible post OP.