PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fine but not Angelo Crowell?

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
So Derek Fine could take up a roster spot with his injury but not Angelo? I don't really care but that doesn't make sense.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
There are many threads already talking about this. If you don't care why did you bring it up?

madness
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Here we ****ing go again. :doh:

Bravo82
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
welcome to last month :cool:

The last buffalo fan
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
please tell us why!! :ill:

patmoran2006
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, well its a question nobody sensible can answer.

But its not "personal".

haha

BILLSROCK1212
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
uhh my bad never saw anything on it just wanted opinions.....don't spend every minute of every day nor do i spend every day on this board so I am not going to see what everyone says

EDS
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
It makes perfect sense to sit the teams best linebacker for the season.

patmoran2006
10-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Pro Front office = We taught him a lesson. he screwed us, we screwed him.

Anti Front Office= The Bills made it personal instead of business, he could've been on the field soon and is a lot better than Ellison for the stretch run..

There ya go..

mayotm
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Pro Front office = We taught him a lesson. he screwed us, we screwed him.

Anti Front Office= The Bills made it personal instead of business, he could've been on the field soon and is a lot better than Ellison for the stretch run..

There ya go..Reasonable person = I don't know. I'm not privy to all the details. I don't know the extent of Crowell's injury. I don't think I'm smarter than those who are actually employees of the NFL.

EDS
10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Reasonable person = I don't know. I'm not privy to all the details. I don't know the extent of Crowell's injury. I don't think I'm smarter than those who are actually employees of the NFL.

Really?

Just because someone works for the NFL or one of its teams doesn't make them smart.

I would wager that lots of people posting on this forum are alot smarter then people working for the NFL.

Goobylal
10-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm sure there's more to it than any of us know.

mayotm
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm sure there's more to it than any of us know.Exactly.

mayotm
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Really?

Just because someone works for the NFL or one of its teams doesn't make them smart.

I would wager that lots of people posting on this forum are alot smarter then people working for the NFL.Yes, really. Sorry that you are not bright enough to understand that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we as fans will ever know.

Goobylal
10-15-2008, 07:34 PM
The bottom line is that Crowell screwed-up. I have NEVER heard of a player opting for surgery 3 days before the start of the season. Fine had surgery before the season started, so the Bills knew his timeframe to return.

TigerJ
10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
One argument I heard was that Angelo Crowell tended to play as an undisciplined free lancer. He would make big plays, but he also was out of position often allowing big plays to be made against him. Under this reasoning, when Crowell announced to the team just before the season was going to start that he was going to have surgery, and knowing he would be a free agent at the end of the season, the Bills decided now was the time to cut bait. I don't know how much truth there is to it. It's just what I heard. If Crowell was that kind of player, I can understand why the Bills did what they did even if he's very talented.

yordad
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Ralph basically said he felt Crowell quit on him, and quit on the team.

Griff
10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
looks like somebody got drunk and found the injury report.

Romes
10-16-2008, 02:49 AM
It makes sense...

Derek Fine is a rookie who needs the practice time since he is going to be part of this team for the next 2-3 years, at least. If you are on IR you cannot participate in practice.

Angelo Crowell has had long term knee issues that were not improving, no future with this team and LB was our deepest position.

patmoran2006
10-16-2008, 07:59 AM
LB is our deepest position??

Ellison sucks, if DiGiorgio was better on the OLB he'd be starting by now, since Mayotm said every person in the NFL is smarter than any of us (especially Matt Millen) so he must not be good enough either.. And who else we got, Jon Corto? Blake Costanza? Have they played a down this year?

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Really?

I would wager that lots of people posting on this forum are alot smarter then people working for the NFL.
makes you wonder what the "personal" reason is . Maybe Crowell slept with Mrs. Wilson.

jpdex12
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Crow wasn't happy that he didn't get an extension before the season so he played his trump card and opted for surgery. I don't even think that he got surgery but he was pulling the stall tactic so he didn't have to play and risk an injury which would screw his chances to get signed as a free agent for big bucks or sign a contract extension with us for good money.

Ralphy don't play dat game! So he IR'd him! Simple as that and easy to understand. Unless Crow takes a reasonable contract extension from us in the off season which I wouldn't expect Ralph to offer him anything outstanding...Crow will be a goner and we will either upgrade through FA or draft an outside linebacker in the first two rounds and have him slip in like Poz.

patmoran2006
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, thats wonderful for the future.

But what about THIS YEAR.. We are contending THIS Year.

Crowell would by reports we've read leading up to things, be just about ready to come back now.. For THIS YEAR, he's a hell of a lot better than Ellison.

Our FO should've worried about next year, next year.

Goobylal
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Has Crowell's absence been felt? The defense has been playing well, except for the Cards game, in which Crowell playing wouldn't have made a difference.