PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to make sure hochuli isn't the ref this week?

trapezeus
10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
is there a site that tells us which refs are assigned to each game from week to week? i would love to know if we avoid hochuli for the season.

HughC
10-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm fairly confident the NFL won't be having him work any more Chargers games this season. If he does happen to work here Sunday, I'm sure it will upset San Diego a lot more than the Bills.

Night Train
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
He'll be busy with his chairman duties at the Lions Club.

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm fairly confident the NFL won't be having him work any more Chargers games this season. If he does happen to work here Sunday, I'm sure it will upset San Diego a lot more than the Bills. If he works our game this week, he may be inclined to give some make-up calls to SD. :ill:

Bravo82
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
If he works our game this week, he may be inclined to give some make-up calls to SD. :ill:

i was just thinking the same thing :ill:

HughC
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
I found two sites, but neither one says anything about the game yet.

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2008-crews/week-07/

http://www.nfl85.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Saratoga Slim
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
He's been one of the best refs in the league for years--one mistake doesn't erase that. If he's assigned, it won't bother me a bit.

But I doubt he's doing any more SD games this season-that'd be asking for trouble.

OpIv37
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Wasn't he the ref during some major bad call against the Bills? The Music City Mirage or the "Just give it to 'em" game?

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Wasn't he the ref during some major bad call against the Bills? The Music City Mirage or the "Just give it to 'em" game?
No I don't think so OP.

Honestly I always thought Hoculi was the best ref in the game. He makes 1 bad call and now he is the worst? WOW

mikemac2001
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Phil Luckett was his name idk if spelling is correct

also phil did the coin toss error on thanksgiving

and he was run over by the saints WR which cost the saints a td

trapezeus
10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
i think there are 3 major calls within 4 weeks. i agree hochuli has had some great grades in the past, but this year seems to be an anomly for the guy.

Crisis
10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
i feel bad for the guy.

he made huge mistake and manned up to it- and still has to deal with it all the time.

Lexwhat
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
i think there are 3 major calls within 4 weeks. i agree hochuli has had some great grades in the past, but this year seems to be an anomly for the guy.

I was about to say this. He's made some big blunders this year, but the San Diego blunder was the worst.

Super_Boltz
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Hochuli has had a terrrrible year i mean god awful. As a charger fan we have kept track and this is just a bad bad terrible year for one of the NFL's best referee's. It will cost him the super bowl and the playoffs this year. I am fine with that as he could of cost my team the division potentially.

LtFinFan66
10-16-2008, 05:55 AM
Wasn't he the ref during some major bad call against the Bills? The Music City Mirage or the "Just give it to 'em" game?no

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 08:12 AM
part of the reason i brought up this thread is because joey porter was complaining the hochuli blew that game several times in the final minutes.

madness
10-16-2008, 08:17 AM
part of the reason i brought up this thread is because joey porter was complaining the hochuli blew that game several times in the final minutes.

A ref with an excellent track record suddenly starts blowing calls. I wonder what kind of extra curricular activities this guy is involved in.

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
interesting point

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
It's the Josh reed syndrome. I bad season thats gonna stick with him for the rest of his career.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
A ref with an excellent track record suddenly starts blowing calls. I wonder what kind of extra curricular activities this guy is involved in.

ie, either two big Italian guys threatened to break his kneecaps if he didn't comply, or some little Italian guy accompanied by two big Italian guys brings a large envelope of non-sequential bills to his house every Monday morning.

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
ie, either two big Italian guys threatened to break his kneecaps if he didn't comply, or some little Italian guy accompanied by two big Italian guys brings a large envelope of non-sequential bills to his house every Monday morning.

i think its payola. Hochuli would be too excited to work out with the broken knee caps and show he's still the most physically fit ref out there.

It's the Josh reed syndrome. I bad season thats gonna stick with him for the rest of his career.

very interesting theory. i wonder if hochuli is a good blocking ref and that's why the league keeps him. I'm only kidding about reed. he's made up for his season and a half of dropsies.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Back in Jersey, I used to know a guy, who knew a guy, whose Uncle Vito could take care of the situation. But I moved.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Back in Jersey, I used to know a guy, who knew a guy, whose Uncle Vito could take care of the situation. But I moved.

My family's from South Jersey and my grandma is related to a bunch of those Uncle Vito types, but they all kicked off already, supposedly from natural causes (like piano wire naturally wrapping itself around one's trachea).

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
My family's from South Jersey and my grandma is related to a bunch of those Uncle Vito types, but they all kicked off already, supposedly from natural causes (like piano wire naturally wrapping itself around one's trachea).
In North Jersey, where I lived, that was an honorable way to go. Nothing says I love you like a piano wire garroting.