PDA

View Full Version : Mara gives comments on Kaleta hit...

JD
10-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Mara absorbed a hard hit from Patrick Kaleta along the boards near the right point and immediately dropped his gloves and threw punches as Kaleta crouched and covered up.

There was already bad blood between the two because a hit from Kaleta in February caused fractures in Mara's face that required surgery and knocked the defenceman out for 12 games.

"It's two hits on me that he has jumped," Mara said. "I just made a decision that enough is enough from that little guy. If he was a man, he would've dropped the gloves and stood in there. I did what I had to do.

"I'll always remember that hit. And when he was in the scrum he made a pretty classless move, asking me how my face was. You don't want to hurt guys in this league, and to have him say something like that, it's classless."

www.tsn.ca
Kaleta's already making a bad name for himself in the league, and I ****ing love it

:band:

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Meh.

If he said that, it was somewhat classless.

Michael82
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Mara absorbed a hard hit from Patrick Kaleta along the boards near the right point and immediately dropped his gloves and threw punches as Kaleta crouched and covered up.

www.tsn.ca
Kaleta's already making a bad name for himself in the league, and I ****ing love it

When Kaleta played in Rochester, the whole AHL hated him. Everyone tried to kick his ass and everyone *****ed about him being dirty.

JD
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I hear hes a real ******* off the ice too so I just guess that's Kaletas personality..

Meathead
10-15-2008, 11:11 PM
hows that face lmao

ok classless but funny

Meathead
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM
:negrep: for no link to the story

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM
this is what Kaleta has done his whole life ever since he could skate, He's a pest like a mosquito that won't go away you know how you try to shoo the mosquito away and it keeps coming back you either have to run away from it or kill it. Well that's Kaleta.

My cousin played against Kaleta in High School he played for Williamsville South hockey team and Kaleta played for St. Francis Hockey team, my cousin said that he was a pest he hit, he got into the other players faces, he's not afraid of anybody and he can stick up for himself. After the game he shook my cousins hand and guess what they're now friends Kaleta had him over at his house a couple of times and he gets FREE sabres merchandise and FREE tix to Sabres games and gets to sit up in a suite and watch the game. My cousin even works out at the same gym that kaleta goes to in the offseason.

He's a really nice guy off the ice but when he's on the ice but when he's on the ice he's a different person like a light switch that has been flipped on his head. He's not a dirty player!

Meathead
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=252742&hubname=nhl-sabres&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl-sabres

JD
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
:negrep: for no link to the story
It's front page under NHL, sorry your chubby fingers had to do a little extra work :canada:

Meathead
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
so youre right there reading the article, and you take the time to post the tsn link but you cant post the article link?

i would neg you again for complaining about a neg but it wont let me

JD
10-16-2008, 12:34 AM
so youre right there reading the article, and you take the time to post the tsn link but you cant post the article link?

i would neg you again for complaining about a neg but it wont let me
Your negs have no effects on me :band:

For now on, each article I post will have no link :rockon:

mchurchfie
10-16-2008, 01:37 AM

www.tsn.ca

Mara had no problem playing with one of the biggest scumbags in the NHL, Sean Avery, so **** him. It would be a whole different story if Kaletta was his teamate. Mara needs to clean the sand out of his vagina and get over it. He's not exactly the cleanest player either. All I know is that we took the lead on that five minutes of powerplay that he gifted us with and never looked back.:coocoo:

RockStar36
10-16-2008, 06:25 AM
It may be classless, but he is also trying to get under the skin of the other players so I understand why he would say something like that.

A friend of mine stopped over when Mara was hitting him and made a comment about how the Kaleta just covered up. I explained that by doing that he was drawing the extra penalty and it would cost the Rangers....which it did.

BlackMetalNinja
10-16-2008, 07:30 AM

For now on, each article I post will have no link :rockon:Just so you're aware, posting a story without a link will only serve to get you in trouble... I'd advise against that personally.

clumping platelets
10-16-2008, 07:42 AM

Can you PLEASE teach this quality to some of the more sensitive people here? :clap:

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Can you PLEASE teach this quality to some of the more sensitive people here? :clap:

:negrep:

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Mara shouldn't talk ****.

He never even gave Kaleta the chance to drop his gloves- he threw down so fast that Kaleta had no choice.

If you wanna be a ****ing tough guy and start fights, do it on even ground like Peters and that other guy did early in the game. The big pussy wouldn't even give Kaleta a chance to fight back.

rbochan
10-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Mara's just talking noise because he needs a scapegoat to deny the reality that he cost his team the game.

RockStar36
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Mara or anybody else can talk all they want about Kaleta. Doesn't change the fact that he shortened his team's bench and cost them with a 5 minute penalty. Kaleta can be a coward all he wants if it gets us 5 minute powerplays.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I found it, last year Kaleta hit Mara breaking a bone in Mara's face this is why Mara went after Kaleta las night. (FFWD to :46 secs in)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6S3dWrAXX1U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6S3dWrAXX1U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SabreEleven
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
If Rivet was on the ice, Staal wouldn't have been standing after that cheap shot.