• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Packers thought they had deal for Gonzo

PACKERS THOUGHT THEY HAD A DEAL FOR GONZALEZ
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2008, 11:33 p.m.

Wow.

Not only were the Packers serious players for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, but the Pack also thought they had a deal.

According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers drew up the paperwork that would have sent a third-round pick to Kansas City for Gonzalez, only to have the Chiefs back out ten minutes before the 4:00 p.m. EDT trading deadline, and demand a second-round pick.

Per Wilde, the Packers and Eagles offered a third-round selection for Gonzalez, and the Giants tendered a fourth-rounder.

The Falcons and Bills were willing to do more, but Gonzalez wanted to play for neither team.

Currently, the Falcons and the Bills have better records than the Packers and the Eagles. In either Atlanta or Buffalo, Gonzalez would have been greeted as a superhero, and we’re baffled by his reluctance to play for either team.

We’re even more baffled by the misguided decision by Carl Peterson to pull a last-second power play. An unrestrained ego is a dangerous thing, and Peterson now must deal with a locker room full of players who realize that, if King Carl is willing to screw Gonzalez, any of them could get equal or lesser treatment.
  • CUHATIN
    • Aug 2008

Re: Packers thought they had deal for Gonzo

Wow cant belive he didnt want to play for us!!! We our in position to win the East and with him we would only be more dangerous!!!

CUHATIN (4) bunnerjk (4) syracuse76 (2)

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Again, like has been said before....Tony Gonzalez can go to hell. I hope he enjoys playing with that pathetic team and getting his ass kicked. **** you, TG!

BTW....the Bills were willing to do more? I knew it. I would love to see a lot of you front office haters eat some crow right now. You *****ed about the fact tthat the Bills were too cheap for pay for Lee Evans, he got a new deal. You *****ed about the fact that they don't care about making this year better...they made the best offer to bring a player to Buffalo that makes the team better. So...enjoy this....

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Again, like has been said before....Tony Gonzalez can go to hell. I hope he enjoys playing with that pathetic team and getting his ass kicked. **** you, TG!

BTW....the Bills were willing to do more? I knew it. I would love to see a lot of you front office haters eat some crow right now. You *****ed about the fact tthat the Bills were too cheap for pay for Lee Evans, he got a new deal. You *****ed about the fact that they don't care about making this year better...they made the best offer to bring a player to Buffalo that makes the team better. So...enjoy this....

Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        also cheese

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Man, it's tough for you guys to get guys. Nobody wants to play in Buffalo, it seems.

Comment

• thenry20
            • Jan 2004

LOL!

Get back to me when they either upgrade the line or cut Lynch. Or stop posting altogether when they actually allow TE to be destroyed and have his brains scrambled to a vegetative state!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by thenry20
              LOL!

Get back to me when they either upgrade the line or cut Lynch. Or stop posting altogether when they actually allow TE to be destroyed and have his brains scrambled to a vegetative state!

Cut LYNCH?? WHY??? WTH is your problem? Are you a fan of the Bills?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

BTW....the Bills were willing to do more? I knew it. I would love to see a lot of you front office haters eat some crow right now. You *****ed about the fact tthat the Bills were too cheap for pay for Lee Evans, he got a new deal. You *****ed about the fact that they don't care about making this year better...they made the best offer to bring a player to Buffalo that makes the team better. So...enjoy this...
                Well said Mikey... But you forgot about all them know-it-alls who think they have the Crowell thing all figured out.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

While I am disappointed that he did not want to play here, it was a choice he was obviously given and I really wouldn't want a player here who doesn't want to play here. Add to that it seems as if he choice possibly doomed him to stay in KC as the GM possibly wanted to match the offers he was being given by Buffalo or Atlanta. So, he possibly F'ed himself by limiting his options. Oh well, we'll survive.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Mike review your first paragraph and compare to what you were saying just before Tuesday's deadline. Have you heard Gonzalez say that he did not want to play for Buffalo? We've heard so many bad reports about what we did do, or what we didn't you want to take Florio's word for it? Take the crow, and munch on it yourself, you completely changed your tune in the course of 24 hours.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

TG should shut up and quit whining about not being traded if he is going to pull this act. What a tool.
                      Enjoy being on the worst team in the league TG while the Bills go to the playoffs.

Come November 23rd it's Gonzo hunting season and Poz and company guns will be fully loaded.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                        Man, it's tough for you guys to get guys. Nobody wants to play in Buffalo, it seems.
                        Only gay guys wouldn't want to play for a hardcore city

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Bling
                          Yeah, real tough.

Stroud and Mitchell had a real tough time coming over.

Evans had a real hard time signing an extension before becoming a FA.

Give me a break.

D & S Sports

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Poetic justice anyone? Rot in KC, you *****.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              Yeah, real tough.

Stroud and Mitchell had a real tough time coming over.

Evans had a real hard time signing an extension before becoming a FA.

Give me a break.
                              Stroud and MItchell came cheap too.

On the other hand, Ricky Williams gets paid enough for his munchies. Maybe the fins should bring in Henry and Pacman .
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X