• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Did Our Staff Really SCrew This Up?

To be in a position to contend in the AFC demonstrates the Bills front office has made more right choices than wrong over the past two seasons. But they really screwed up with John McCargo.

How in God’s name could they not have fun a thorough physical on one of their players before trading them? As a result, he won’t wear this uniform again. One of two things will happen in the next 24 hours.
    1- They will put him on IR, and eventually reach an injury settlement with him.
    2- They will outright release him immediately.

They won’t put a guy back on the active roster that knows the team didn’t want him here. Had their front office and trainers been more thorough, they would’ve seen the bulging disk, IR’d him now and if they wanted to wash their hands with a former first rounder from just 2.5 years ago, traded him for what they can get in the offseason.

I didn’t like the trade to begin with, and that was assuming he was healthy. My opinion was this was a man who hadn’t lived up to expectations, but on a team that’s clearly GOOD This year having solid depth at the DT position in case of injury was more worthy than picking up a 4th round pick in the future. Our time to win just might be now.

But at least they would’ve gotten something for him. Had they done their homework, the trade doesn’t happen but McCargo could’ve possibly been part of the team if needed later on should injury(s) occur.

Now we get nothing for him, and a player that won’t wear this uniform again.

Poor job by whomever is in charge of knowing how healthy our players are.

And on a side note, perhaps the disk injury gives more insight to why he’s been so useless this year? I thought, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, that this kid really came on towards the end of last year. I was expecting bigger things for him in 2008.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Did Our Staff Really SCrew This Up?

And BTW, he must really have a nice bulging disk in his back and be unable to play for Indy.

Because Indy is as DESPERATE as it gets for DT help.

And Im sure they're not happy with Buffalo right now, as they made the trade at the deadline and got screwed over.. They didnt have time to work on a deal for another DT.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

I don't see why you would give a physical to a player before you traded him?
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Why not?
        Not giving him a physical costed us.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Why not?
          "costed" is going a little overboard don't you think?

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Maybe, maybe not. Let him sit on the roster, get healthy, If you don't want to play him make him inactive like he was in week one and trade him at draft time. No big deal.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

To be in a position to contend in the AFC demonstrates the Bills front office has made more right choices than wrong over the past two seasons. But they really screwed up with John McCargo.

How in God’s name could they not have fun a thorough physical on one of their players before trading them? As a result, he won’t wear this uniform again. One of two things will happen in the next 24 hours.
              1- They will put him on IR, and eventually reach an injury settlement with him.
              2- They will outright release him immediately.

They won’t put a guy back on the active roster that knows the team didn’t want him here. Had their front office and trainers been more thorough, they would’ve seen the bulging disk, IR’d him now and if they wanted to wash their hands with a former first rounder from just 2.5 years ago, traded him for what they can get in the offseason.

I didn’t like the trade to begin with, and that was assuming he was healthy. My opinion was this was a man who hadn’t lived up to expectations, but on a team that’s clearly GOOD This year having solid depth at the DT position in case of injury was more worthy than picking up a 4th round pick in the future. Our time to win just might be now.

But at least they would’ve gotten something for him. Had they done their homework, the trade doesn’t happen but McCargo could’ve possibly been part of the team if needed later on should injury(s) occur.

Now we get nothing for him, and a player that won’t wear this uniform again.

Poor job by whomever is in charge of knowing how healthy our players are.

And on a side note, perhaps the disk injury gives more insight to why he’s been so useless this year? I thought, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, that this kid really came on towards the end of last year. I was expecting bigger things for him in 2008.
              I knew you'd find a way to gripe about it, one way or another.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                I knew you'd find a way to gripe about it, one way or another.
                But of course.. I'm probably the one person on the board who didnt like the trade to begin with.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

But of course.. I'm probably the one person on the board who didnt like the trade to begin with.
                  Right. Then when the trade was voided you hated it too.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Different teams have different standards for passing a physical.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

I guess we have low standards.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DBrown77
                        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                        • Mar 2005

Why not?
                        Costed us what? an overweight, un-motivated player that has a bulging disc?

Getting ANYTHING for that piece of crap is a win situation for the Bills. The trade was a good trade that didnt work out. he didnt pass the physical.

So what would have happened if we did give him a physical and it failed?

i guess this is how it would go:

FO
                        "Hey John, we want to trade you so we are going to give you a physical"

JM
                        "okay!"

FO
                        "John you failed your Physical"

JM
                        "Awesome!, I cant wait to get back on the field for the Bills"

Either way he would have known we didnt want him here

i dont understand your logic

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

I think this may benefit us and McCargo in the long run. I believe he stays with the team and gets his ass in gear and starts playing like a 1st round pick. That way he shows he is healthy to contribute and makes himself a good trading piece this offseason

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i think this is the most inconsequential thing to happen to our team. here is a player that hasn't gotten on the field very much. he hasn't made too many positive plays.

Now we tried to trade him to get something in return. He failed his physical. chances are the guy didn't eat 2000 donuts in the offweek. but was injured from playing in practice and in his few reps. so he comes back to us.

The truth is the coaching staff didn't like his effort and if they had to play him in the event of an injury, they didn't think he'd do well. So i'm not sure this is a big deal.

I'm happy that the bills can acknowledge every now and then when they've made a big mistake with a player.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

I'm more mad that we traded up for his waste of space ass, not this.

Comment

Working...
                              X