PDA

View Full Version : McCargo Back with Bills, Practicing today

Pinkerton Security
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
per v-text.

Weird. Maybe he got to Indy and their trainers botched physical on purpose because they saw he was a waste of space.

Pinkerton Security
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
s***, already inside another thread. sorry mods.

patmoran2006
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Good.
I dont think he should've been traded in the first place.

RedEyE
10-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Call me crazy, but I think the only reason Buffalo even moved him in the first place is because they needed to make room for Gonzalez. I think the Bills were pretty confident that Tony was coming to Buffalo but they needed to move McCargo before the deadline as well. Tony fell through. My only question is what really happened with McCargo in Indy?

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Good.
I dont think he should've been traded in the first place.
I thought you guaranteed he was done with the Bills?

bigbub2352
Well i guess it is better than having Corey Mace promoted, he sucked worse than jason jefferson did,
McCargo mite be motivated now by this, or he will be inactive or cut
but one thing is for sure i feel better about 4 DTs then 3

trapezeus
AWKWARD!

patmoran2006
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM
I thought you guaranteed he was done with the Bills?
I'll rescind when I see him in uniform on Sunday...

and I hope I'm wrong.. I said immediately after the trade was made I hated it.

Im a little baffled h ow he cant pass a physical with one team, yet he's here and practicing for us?

eee1776
10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Call me crazy, but I think the only reason Buffalo even moved him in the first place is because they needed to make room for Gonzalez. I think the Bills were pretty confident that Tony was coming to Buffalo but they needed to move McCargo before the deadline as well. Tony fell through. My only question is what really happened with McCargo in Indy?

I was thinking the exact same thing that they moved McCargo for Gonzo. They were giving up a third round pick but picking up a 4th rounder in return..slick move if it worked..but.

Billsforevers
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
This is a very strange situation and I find it to be very comical...

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
McCargo back in the fold

“He passed our physical and every physical is a little bit different in the National Football League,” Jauron said. “I have great confidence in our medical staff. So I’m really happy that he’s back here with us.”

:huh:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/mccargo-back-in-the-fold/2e23fbaa-ec38-4db4-8af0-d019ee89d75b

raphael120
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
HA! The crappy, desperate Indy defense didn't even want him and now he's back in Buffalo. Wow, only in Buffalo man...only in Buffalo....

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
McCargo back in the fold

“He passed our physical and every physical is a little bit different in the National Football League,” Jauron said. “I have great confidence in our medical staff. So I’m really happy that he’s back here with us.”

:huh:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/mccargo-back-in-the-fold/2e23fbaa-ec38-4db4-8af0-d019ee89d75b

That is a little confusing:

Indy: "You're in such bad shape that we don't even want you on our team"
Buffalo: "Get your fat ass on the field and practice!"

that's more than "a little bit different".

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
HA! The crappy, desperate Indy defense didn't even want him and now he's back in Buffalo. Wow, only in Buffalo man...only in Buffalo....

you ready to quit being a bills fan soon? You've beem pretty quiet lately. Is it because we're 4-1?

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 02:52 PM
That is a little confusing:

Indy: "You're in such bad shape that we don't even want you on our team"
Buffalo: "Get your fat ass on the field and practice!"

that's more than "a little bit different".
it'll be even more different when the colts are watching us play in the playoffs. :up:

raphael120
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
you ready to quit being a bills fan soon? You've beem pretty quiet lately. Is it because we're 4-1?

Haha, nah, just kinda been busy at work lately, but I've been here watching from afar. Not much to comment on over a BYE week, ya know...

You missed me didnt ya....awwwww

justasportsfan
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Haha, nah, just kinda been busy at work lately, but I've been here watching from afar. Not much to comment on over a BYE week, ya know...
as long as you're okay, we'll still accept yours and OP's hatred for the bills :up:

raphael120
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
as long as you're okay, we'll still accept yours and OP's hatred for the bills :up:
Hey man, so far so good...the Bills are off to an awesome start, the Sabres look bad ass...it's something to get used to! Can't complain! Now just wait til the SD game...if we wanna prove we can be a playoff calibre team, we beat SD at our house.

and i dont hate the bills, I just hate the people behind the crappy teams theyve been fielding for the past how many years...just like you dont hate America, you just hate the morons running it.

Pride
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Look... if you own a stable of thoroughbreds.... and someone offers to trade you their thoroughbred for say, your BMW... wouldn't you be more apt to be as cautious as possible when examining the traded thoroughbred?

I think you'd look extra hard at the new one before handing over the keys to your beamer!

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Look... if you own a stable of thoroughbreds.... and someone offers to trade you their thoroughbred for say, your BMW... wouldn't you be more apt to be as cautious as possible when examining the traded thoroughbred?

I think you'd look extra hard at the new one before handing over the keys to your beamer!

3 martini lunch?

Pride
10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm just saying that the Colts may have higher standards for traded players than they do for their roster players... much like the Bills probably do.

casdhf
10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Maybe this will light a fire under his fat ass.

Tatonka
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
it doesnt really sound like a fire has been lit.. sounds like mccargo is sulking.

“I don’t think anything I say is going to make the situation positive,” said McCargo. “Right now I don’t have anything to say about it. Maybe one day I will.”

Oaf
10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
it doesnt really sound like a fire has been lit.. sounds like mccargo is sulking.
Geez, do we have to make this guy play for food? Get motivated you fat slob! Get Jim Leonard in there! At least he's got some heart.

njsue
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Why is he practicing with a bulging disk?

madness
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Why is he practicing with a bulging disk?

...because there is none.

madness
10-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Apparently Kollar is going to have McCargo crying a la Manny. Here's an idea, McCargo. Won't you try proving Kollar wrong you big baby.

Trade? What trade? Bills 'glad' McCargo's back (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-106/Trade--What-trade--Bills--glad--McCargo-s-back.html)

Team insiders told me McCargo is liked by his teammates and won't be a problem in the locker room, but the issue that needs to be resolved is his relationship with defensive line coach Bill Kollar. They haven't gotten along for some time.

Kollar, a 20-year NFL coaching veteran, spoke out about McCargo's disappointing NFL career the day of the would-be trade. The Bills traded up to draft McCargo with the 26th overall pick in 2006, but he still hasn't started an NFL game.
"It's like we've said from Day 1, you've got to really want to play," Kollar told Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson. "It's real easy to go and talk about it. But what you have to do is work and get better on the practice field and take it into the game.
"He's got the ability. But deep inside yourself you've got to want to end up getting it done. You've got to end up doing it on the field."

don137
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Apparently Kollar is going to have McCargo crying a la Manny. Here's an idea, McCargo. Won't you try proving Kollar wrong you big baby.

Trade? What trade? Bills 'glad' McCargo's back (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-106/Trade--What-trade--Bills--glad--McCargo-s-back.html)

What Kollar said is basically what every one is thinking...He's has the talent but no heart. He hasn't shown any heart in three years. You may be able to get by in college with talent alone but not in the NFL. You have to want to be in the NFL to succeed. IMO he just wants the paycheck and not have to earn it.