X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Will this be the last season with #94?

Bad timing with this foot injury and a lot of talk from Aaron about slowing down and his stats get worse and worse every year it seems. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get bumped after this season unless he takes a cut.

I think that he got a raise this past year just to buy us some time to groom or find another DE to replace him. I'd be willing to bet that his contract leaves room for us to have an out with him and not get hurt financially.

Thoughts? We need a better DE for his position. We need pressure on Rivers this weekend to have a chance.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Will this be the last season with #94?

Im fine with Schobel here, as long as he's healthy.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I'm pretty certain that the Bills will be looking for a DE in the draft this year. But that's not to say Schobel's career in Buffalo is over.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Didnt we look for a DE in this year's draft? We took Ellis.

Many thought we should've went center or LB.. So for us to take Ellis would show that is the guy we want to go into the future with.

But unlike some of you, Im not unhappy with Schobel.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

What are we going to do cut him? He is signed for a couple years after this one.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

cutting schobel at the end of the season wouldn't be the end of the world.

I said this before, but schobel's comments make it seem like a guy who doesn't realize he's slowing down. he may only have another year in him if he can stay healthy.

I sadly don't know who his replacement is. Denney and kelsay are good, but not great. it'd be nice to get a real DE who can sack the qB when the game's outcome is still in the balance.

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

I love Schobel but he isn't putting up the numbers he used to or for what he is getting paid for. He didn't last year either but Ralph still extended his contract and a lot of us were left scratching our heads at how much he got extended for.

Ellis isn't coming out with his guns blazing and hasn't even cracked the active roster yet on a Sunday. We can't afford to groom a new DE over the next few years, we need better DE play NOW. If we don't step up the DE play our CB's will stuggle more and there is no way we go deep into the playoffs this year if we even make the playoffs.

High priority in the off season!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Schobel will be here next year no doubt about that. The DE we take will probably be the one who hopfully replaces the bum on the oppositte side.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Schobel is still the best defensive end the team has, so getting rid of him doesn't make a lot of sense unless the team plans on getting two or three new defensive ends in the offseason.

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Schobel will be here next year no doubt about that. The DE we take will probably be the one who hopfully replaces the bum on the oppositte side.
                    NAME TOT SOLOASTSACKTLOSSFFBKPDINTYDSAVGLNGTD

Aaron Schobel1918 1 1.0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 00

Chris Kelsay 1210 2 1.0 2 1 0 2 0 0 0.0 00

Not impressive from either!

Comment

• DBrown77
                      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                      • Mar 2005

his sacks are down, but he is still making plays and getting some pressure compared to last year.

Now i am in Carolina country down here and Julius Peppers has really fallen off the chart. This is his contract year too

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                        I love Schobel but he isn't putting up the numbers he used to or for what he is getting paid for. He didn't last year either but Ralph still extended his contract and a lot of us were left scratching our heads at how much he got extended for.

Ellis isn't coming out with his guns blazing and hasn't even cracked the active roster yet on a Sunday. We can't afford to groom a new DE over the next few years, we need better DE play NOW. If we don't step up the DE play our CB's will stuggle more and there is no way we go deep into the playoffs this year if we even make the playoffs.

High priority in the off season!
                        To be fair... Schobel got paid after his 14.5 sack year and pro bowl selection. His contract was justifiable. He just followed it up with a bad year and then again this year. Last year was understandable considering we had a very weak interior and teams were running against us for the most part. This year the problem could be his foot. If pushing off of it is painful then its understandable that his initial burst will suffer and that is the biggest advantage of a pass rusher over a OT. Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he is healthy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                          NAME TOT SOLOASTSACKTLOSSFFBKPDINTYDSAVGLNGTD

Aaron Schobel1918 1 1.0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 00

Chris Kelsay 1210 2 1.0 2 1 0 2 0 0 0.0 00

Not impressive from either!
                          Stats don't tell the whole story for Aaron this year and Im one of his biggest critics. He is playing the run better than ever before and not just rushing 7 yards upfield every play.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

the season is still young and he does have at least 1 sack so far. but i think that chris ellis had his chance in training camp and blew it so we will deffinatly have schobel for at least 1 more year after this. i think if ellis would have been the stud in camp they thought he could be if his lazy a$$ reached his potential you would be right and this would be it for shobel. they cant pay him and kelsay like they are for more than another year together without it affecting a future signing at another position. and we cant take a pass rusher in the first round this year. we NEED a TE and a OLB or a C more, these are gaping holes visible to even us the fans. we drafted ellis and johnson kicks outside in the rotation so we cant just bring in another DE and pass first round money (we mise well keep shobel if that was the plan).

Comment

• Griff
                              • Jul 2008

everyone is so hung up on sacks. He has a tremendous amount of tackles for a DE and a surprising amount of TFLs.

Comment

Working...
                              X