• Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

Enjoy!

Debacle: [dey-bah-kuhl] – noun

1. a general breakup or dispersion; sudden downfall or rout: The revolution ended in a debacle.

2. a complete collapse or failure

3. Devin’s week 6 picks

So there you have it. My picks last week officially hit a new low. As former running back Emmitt Smith would say, I got debacled. After going strong for the first five weeks, I hit a serious road block last week. But hey, it’s ok, I’m not about to quit. It’s only one bad week, and I’m sure I can bounce back.

We had a few teams wake up last week, after sleepwalking through the first part of the season. The Colts finally looked like the Colts of the past when thrashing Baltimore and their vaunted defense. The Chargers blew out the Patriots, and made Matt Cassell look absolutely terrible (Is it that hard to do?). The Chargers are re-gaining their form, and will be a force in that AFC West. Speaking of the AFC West, Denver slipped up again, and also allowed Jacksonville to creep back into the picture. Mark my words, at the end of the season when wild card berths are being fought for, a game like the Jags and Broncos had last week will be a major factor in who is golfing and who is still playing.

I’ve decided to pick these games in a new way. As many of you already know, I write the power rankings for BillsZone that are released every Tuesday morning. Typically it only takes a few minutes for the critics to start chiming in on what I did wrong, and how crazy/stupid/ridiculous I am. It’s also those same people that kind of slink away and don’t say anything the next week when I’m somewhat vindicated with my picks. But that’s another topic for another day. As always, I’m not perfect, nor am I an expert, so I do get things wrong sometimes. Therefore, I’ve decided to start making my picks based on my power rankings from earlier in the week. I figure this is the best way to hold myself accountable for my rankings, and put my money where my mouth is. So with that being said, here are my picks for week seven.
    San Diego @ BUFFALO
    - Call it a homer pick, but I strongly believe the Bills will win this game. The Chargers are so up and down this season, it’s hard to get a total grasp on how good they really are. LT is slowly getting healthy, which is good for San Diego, but he isn’t quite there yet. They played a late game last week, and now travel cross country for an early start. Things like that shouldn’t be downplayed, because they do make a difference. The Bills are also coming off a bye week, in which they hopefully make several adjustments for the rest of the season.

Minnesota @ CHICAGO
    - I almost felt bad for the way the Bears lost that game last week, but they really had nobody to blame but themselves. Kyle Orton did a fantastic job getting his team down the field for the apparent game winning score, but the Bears defense did just enough to let Atlanta steal the win. That won’t happen this week. The Vikings are terrible right now, and almost all signs point to the coaching. When a team can barely handle the Lions, they aren’t going into Chicago to take down the Bears.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: BillsZone Exclusive: Devin's Bold Picks

I think you're right.

Comment

Working...
    X