PDA

View Full Version : Put McCargo on Slimfast and make him a DE!!

HHURRICANE
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
This was my suggestion before we traded him.

Why not? Reggie White was a fat butt pass rusher. Why not McCargo?

Griff
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
why does he have to lose weight? Why can't he just be a plus size DE?

Stewie
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM
so an unmotivated guy with DT skills is going to put in the countless hours it will take to learn a new position?

wish it would work, but no. fix the disc and trade him again in the offseason

X-Era
10-16-2008, 04:40 PM
so an unmotivated guy with DT skills is going to put in the countless hours it will take to learn a new position?

How does a guy fail a physical for Indy, and then the next day practice on our fields?

Why do I think the Bills brass may be looking farther into the supposed failed physical?

Maybe the Colts just got cold feet.

If thats the case, why dont the Bills have a legit claim of fraud?

Jan Reimers
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Then we'd have a thinner, weaker, unmotivated guy with a bad back at DE. What's Plan B?

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
anyone read the yahoo article that basically had JMcCargo saying that since he has nothing positive to say he will say nothing about it?

Guy doesn't want to be here, but the sad truth for him now, is that the entire nfl is looking at him like a washed up player not worth more than the league minimum. if wants to get another contract like his rookie one, he better start playing

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2008, 05:33 PM
anyone read the yahoo article that basically had JMcCargo saying that since he has nothing positive to say he will say nothing about it?

Guy doesn't want to be here, but the sad truth for him now, is that the entire nfl is looking at him like a washed up player not worth more than the league minimum. if wants to get another contract like his rookie one, he better start playing

He is almost guaranteed another contract after he leaves Buffalo, it's very seldom that 1st round picks aren't given another shot. Take Teyo Johnson for example, and that's not even at as such a premier position as DT.

OpIv37
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
um, they actually had McCargo GAIN weight going into last season. Of course, the slob couldn't stop eating and gained too much weight going into this season...

Stewie
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
How does a guy fail a physical for Indy, and then the next day practice on our fields?

Why do I think the Bills brass may be looking farther into the supposed failed physical?

It's supposed be a bulging disk. According to jon kitna this week, lots of guys have bulging disks and play with it.. So I dunno.. maybe the colts got cold feet when an apathetic mccargo showed up.. maybe the bulging disk is bad but mccargo knows hes on his last chance to show he should have a job in the nfl.. who knows

Griff
10-16-2008, 09:16 PM

is there all that much of a difference between DE and DT?

yordad
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
is there all that much of a difference between DE and DT?Yes

I think he should try snapping and blocking.

Oaf
10-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I said in the other thread we should give him a shot at center. :snicker:

trapezeus
10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
He is almost guaranteed another contract after he leaves Buffalo, it's very seldom that 1st round picks aren't given another shot. Take Teyo Johnson for example, and that's not even at as such a premier position as DT.

interesting. i think that's defintely true for first round QB's, not so much for others. and the fact he failed a physical reallly drops his value. if he was just a guy struggling, people take the chance, but failing a physical is essentially a warning sign that the guy isn't taking it seriously or is too banged up to play.

it's one thing to be skeptical if his own team fails his physical because they want a reason to release him without the contractobligations. it's another to be a 4th in the depth chart guy failing.

His stock is definitely falling.

Lexwhat
10-17-2008, 12:56 AM

The Colts are well within their rights to fail McCargo.

Even with a minor health issue, no one else can tell their team doctors what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

As far as fraud goes: Even IF the Colts got cold feet, the Bills would be stupid to challenge Bill Polian over something silly like a 4th round pick. The Bills probally wouldn't get anywhere, and would hurt their reputation in the process.