PDA

View Full Version : San Diego's defense is suspect at best but everyone wants to talk about their offense

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm sick of hearing about how great their offense is. I watched a few of SD's games this season, their defense has huge lapses in coverages and stopping the run. I think we are going to exploit that all day long.

trapezeus
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
As long as the bills don't get behind early, i think they'll be able to mess with the chargers defense. but their offense can and will put up points. so we'll see.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 08:23 AM
As long as the bills don't get behind early, i think they'll be able to mess with the chargers defense. but their offense can and will put up points. so we'll see.

I see the Bills putting in on the chargers real early on, no mercy.

Griff
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah I see a lot of points being scored in this one. But I think the rule of Trent will keep it managable, probably first to 31 wins.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah I see a lot of points being scored in this one. But I think the rule of Trent will keep it managable, probably first to 31 wins.

Agreed.

Pinkerton Security
10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I dont think their D is THAT suspect. Their D-line is solid, LBs are solid, secondary is very athletic if a little bit loose, and I think they are pretty darn good. I'd say very good at best, not suspect at best. Tell me with those athletes they have that they couldnt be a very good defense if they brought their A-game.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I dont think their D is THAT suspect. Their D-line is solid, LBs are solid, secondary is very athletic if a little bit loose, and I think they are pretty darn good. I'd say very good at best, not suspect at best. Tell me with those athletes they have that they couldnt be a very good defense if they brought their A-game.

So far we have seen a C game on average from their D. How Rivers plays so goes the fortune of their D, which can be said of many teams offenses.

HughC
10-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Their offense is first in points per game, and scoring plays are what make highlights, not tackles for a two-yard gain. I think there defense is being overlooked due in large part to past reputation. Seems like it's taking them a while to regroup without Merriman, which has in turn caused Phillips to get double-teamed, which results in no pressure on the QB, which reults in the #31 pass defense in the league. Even so, they're still in the middle of the pack in points (23.2, 19th) so it's not as if their defense has suddenly morphed in to a mixture of the Rams and Lions.

Super_Boltz
10-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Sorry guys but the reality is this: THE CHARGERS DEFENSE IS VERY GOOD. 3 1st rounders in the secondary. Now what happened this season is we had to figure out how to get pressure without shawne merriman and we are finally getting back to that old san diego chargers defense that led the NFL in turnovers last year Interceptions with 30 in 16 games! And in 2006 led the league in Sacks. This is an explosive defense still and a playmaking defense. Quentin Jammer is having a pro bowl caliber year and only champ bailey had more passes defended last year. This year NOONE has more passes defended than Quentin Jammer. Then you will have to throw towards cromartie with pressure on your qb at some point. We are an attacking aggresive defense and you will see this yet again come sunday.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Sorry guys but the reality is this: THE CHARGERS DEFENSE IS VERY GOOD. 3 1st rounders in the secondary. Now what happened this season is we had to figure out how to get pressure without shawne merriman and we are finally getting back to that old san diego chargers defense that led the NFL in turnovers last year Interceptions with 30 in 16 games! And in 2006 led the league in Sacks. This is an explosive defense still and a playmaking defense. Quentin Jammer is having a pro bowl caliber year and only champ bailey had more passes defended last year. This year NOONE has more passes defended than Quentin Jammer. Then you will have to throw towards cromartie with pressure on your qb at some point. We are an attacking aggresive defense and you will see this yet again come sunday.

I watched your defense fail on multiple occasions.

jamze132
10-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Didn't Miami torch your guys?

Mitchell55
10-18-2008, 12:45 AM

Ok, so your O is incredible, your D is great, shouldnt you be more than 3-3? Also, all those stats are last years.

28th in yards against LOL. 21st in points given up. 17th in rushing yards against, 19th in ypc against.

I wont even talk about your pass D. LOL. (giving up 65 cpt against other teams)

edited: personal attacks will not be tolerated. ~shelby

Mitchy moo
10-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Ok, so your O is incredible, your D is great, shouldnt you be more than 3-3? Also, all those stats are last years you dumb ass.

28th in yards against LOL. 21st in points given up. 17th in rushing yards against, 19th in ypc against.

I wont even talk about your pass D. LOL. (giving up 65 cpt against other teams)

Living in the past he is.

shelby
10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
i want to see Lynch have a 120 yard day. It's time.

Mitchell55
10-18-2008, 10:26 AM
i want to see Lynch have a 120 yard day. It's time.

Shelby, have you finally grown to Trent. I mean, you saw what our team did without him.

BoltfanBo
10-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Skooby, I heard the same rant from you several years back.... Bills can do it.. blah blah blah. I seem to remember Ko getting juked out of his jockstrap as the Bolts hand the Bills a lost. Actually your words more fitting this year than the last time as the bills a bit better than last and the bolts missing a few pieces. Your boy are still going down though. The once injured Oline is now healthy and coming to form. Rivers is as accurate as the come when given time. Don't look now but Gates is getting healthy. LT looks better and better each week. On Def, Cooper last years leading tackler is back after two games to knock the rust off. Jamal Willaims the key to our run D is getting healthy and playing better each week. Lee Evans who I like is a deep ball threat. That is what our corners cover best it is the short underneath stuff that gives the Bolt LB's trouble. Good TE's and slot WR offer the biggest problem Royal and Smurf boy are average. Should be a good game but the Bills will lose......
Now hopefully your Sabers will proceed a little farther this year as they are my 2nd fav NHL team behind the lowly Kings....

HHURRICANE
10-18-2008, 02:44 PM
No pass rush and no MCGee=a long day.

The Bills will lose this game.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2008, 02:48 PM
No pass rush and no MCGee=a long day.

The Bills will lose this game.

I think you are mistaken.

njsue
10-19-2008, 06:03 AM
The only player on offense that makes me a bit :nervous: is Antonio Gates.

shelby
10-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Shelby, have you finally grown to Trent. I mean, you saw what our team did without him.
Yes, Trent has finally won me over. i hope he has a good day today, with plenty of protection from the O line.

Bunnerjk
10-19-2008, 07:11 AM
We're gonna have to put up some points to win this game. Marshawn needs to come up big.

jcdavey
10-19-2008, 07:29 AM
the thing about sd's defense is

they're very very good in the 2nd half in terms of not allowing points

the chargers as a whole are a 2nd half team basically

they out adjust teams at the half, so it's important for opponents to get up on them early this year.

jcdavey
10-19-2008, 07:31 AM
oh and their special teams is susceptible to sucking, like they did at home vs the jets