PDA

View Full Version : Thurm's Key for the Bills on Sunday

THATHURMANATOR
10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
The Bills need to establish Marshawn Lynch early and often. I want a solid ball control offense that keeps Tomlinson and Company off the field. For the Bills to win I feel Lynch needs to finally go over the century mark and get at least 25 carries.

justasportsfan
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
The Bills need to establish Marshawn Lynch early and often. I want a solid ball control offense that keeps Tomlinson and Company off the field. For the Bills to win I feel Lynch needs to finally go over the century mark and get at least 25 carries.
this is the very gameplan we should've done vs. the cards. Lets hope our D doesn't allow them to score when SD has the ball or we'll end up playing catch up again vs. a team that's scores more than the cards.

The King
10-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Agreed. When need to run the ball 25x, and ease Trent back into the game.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2008, 10:17 AM
this is the very gameplan we should've done vs. the cards. Lets hope our D doesn't allow them to score when SD has the ball or we'll end up playing catch up again vs. a team that's scores more than the cards.

This won't be a problem if we keep scoring 7 everytime we have the ball. Long drives on O, and our defense will be fresh to make big plays.

justasportsfan
10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
This won't be a problem if we keep scoring 7 everytime we have the ball. Long drives on O, and our defense will be fresh to make big plays.
easier said than done. SD is the no.1 scoring team.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
I know, but even scoring 3 or 7 on our possesions, at the end of the game and when it matters the most, their D would be tired and ours fresh. Our D love to go for the big play every single play, and I'm sure that they'll get an int for TD, or even a fumble at least. I think that they won't score on us on every possession they have.

justasportsfan
10-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I know, but even scoring 3 or 7 on our possesions, at the end of the game and when it matters the most, their D would be tired and ours fresh. Our D love to go for the big play every single play, and I'm sure that they'll get an int for TD, or even a fumble at least. I think that they won't score on us on every possession they have.
that didn't happen vs. the cards. I hope our D shows up or we're screwed. I don't think we're good enough even with Trent to get into a shooting match.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm not trusting the D, I'm all for the O this time. If we stick with running the beast, we could bring down anybody. What I tried to say, was that our D is not an elite D, but that eventually they get points on the board for us, and this is the game they will.

justasportsfan
10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not trusting the D, I'm all for the O this time. If we stick with running the beast, we could bring down anybody. What I tried to say, was that our D is not an elite D, but that eventually they get points on the board for us, and this is the game they will.
I trust the D more. They've carried this team all season long. Without them , we're gonna end up like we did vs. the cards and then people will blame the qb. Oh wait, Trent is playing. :D

Our running is game is meh.

Our passing game is meh .

Mitchy moo
10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
One thing that will change this Sunday from our last game is the amount of time we hold the ball, there will be a night / day swing when it's done. It will then mostly be attributed to our D but the reality of it is our offense is going to keep sustained drives alive and our D fresh.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
One thing that will change this Sunday from our last game is the amount of time we hold the ball, there will be a night / day swing when it's done. It will then mostly be attributed to our D but the reality of it is our offense is going to keep sustained drives alive and our D fresh.

Bingo.............. I mean, Si!

TacklingDummy
10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
A couple turnovers would also be nice.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
They also need to get the short passing game working to loosen up the defense. Do to SD what the Cardinals did to the Bills.

Oaf
10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
The pass rush.

If we give ultra efficient Rivers time with his WRs that dwarf our DBs and Gates, they'll score every time. And most assuredly, we will not be able to keep up.

I like your key to the game too though, Thurm.

THATHURMANATOR
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
The pass rush.

If we give ultra efficient Rivers time with his WRs that dwarf our DBs and Gates, they'll score every time. And most assuredly, we will not be able to keep up.

:hi5:

madness
10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
The pass rush.

Definitely the pass rush. Force Rivers to rush those long throws he likes and our CB's should be able to make some nice plays on the ball.

Too bad it's going to be a pleasant day @ RWS. Some swirling winds would come in handy Sunday.

RedEyE
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Heavy doses of Jackson and Lynch. Absolutely. :bf1:

Let lynch wear them down, and throw Jackson in as a change of pace. That being said, Edwards is still going to have to throw the football. Nickle and dime 'em with Parrish, Reed with moderate doses of Royal and Hardy.