PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 "Don't Be Surprised If....."

Coach Sal
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Interesting Bills stat included this week:

http://www.salsports.com/week_7_dont_be_surprised_if.htm

shelby
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
The Chargers/Bills game is determined by the ability or inability of San Diego to make a big play or two in the passing game against Buffalo's defense. The Bolts have been a big play machine so far this season with 23 pass plays of 20 yards or more (3rd most in the NFL), and a league-best nine plays through the air of 40 yards or more. However, the Bills defense has been very good at not giving up the big pass play. They have only allowed nine plays of 20+ yards through the air -- that's tied for the best in the NFL! And only two of those have gone for 40 or more! Something's got to give.

This is what scares me about the Chargers. We struggled against the Cardinals, and the Chargers O is even more high scoring. Do you think that our D is up to the challenge, especially given the injuries to McGee and Schoebel?

Thanks for posting Coach, good read.

trapezeus
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
i think we see more sugar rush this week to try to confuse the chargers on when blitzes are coming. i think that keeps rivers from hitting his stride. that's a key to me.

if we can neutralize the long play by getting rivers uncomfortabl, thten maybe we can stack against teh run.

shelby
10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
The Chargers looked like crap against the Dolphins a few weeks back. i'm hoping for a repeat of that performance.