PDA

View Full Version : If Miami Can Beat SD...So Should We

raphael120
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
17-10

That was the SD @ Miami game final score.

We want to be real contenders, we get this job done.

We lose, I think we're in trouble. Miami is not a joke, the Jets are not a joke.

Lexwhat
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I thought it was 17 to 10?

Mahdi
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
20-13.

That was the SD @ Miami game final score.

We want to be real contenders, we get this job done.

We lose, I think we're in trouble. Miami is not a joke, the Jets are not a joke.
Miami's defense is no joke. And Pennington is efficient as ever. They also have a strong ground game. Playing Miami this year wont be easy.

RockStar36
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
In theory this is correct, but you can't use this logic.

That's like saying the Rams will for sure beat the Cowboys this Sunday.

Washington beat Dallas
St Louis beat Washington

Get it? It doesn't always work that way.

raphael120
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I thought it was 17 to 10?

My bad, you're right. Fixed it. (still a touchdown was the difference)

raphael120
10-17-2008, 03:08 PM
In theory this is correct, but you can't use this logic.

That's like saying the Rams will for sure beat the Cowboys this Sunday.

Washington beat Dallas
St Louis beat Washington

Get it? It doesn't always work that way.

St. Louis is a bad team. There is no question about that. Washington GAVE away that game.

Miami is a scrappy team right now and the real mettle of the Bills have not been tested quite yet. There's a lot of questions about how good the Bills actually are. And since SD is a team that we'll most likely play in the playoffs (if we make it) it will be a very bad sign if we get demolished by them on our home turf.

Miami made a statement by beating SD. Miami is a team to be reckoned with. The Bills have yet to make a real statement, aside from the Jax game. We need to plant our playoff flag into the ground and show the league that yes, we are not just picking off bad teams at the best possible times, but we are a team that is playoff calibre because we just handled business at home against a very good SD team.

Many people are saying that SD's 3-3 record is a lot better than our 4-1 record and I tend to agree. SD has played a lot of tough teams. I still believe we can get this job done. Parrish is back, Edwards is back. This defense should be playing at a high level because they should be on the sidelines a lot more because our offense should be able to hold onto the ball for a good amount of time with Edwards back in the saddle.

!Papacrunk!
10-17-2008, 06:03 PM
our defense has been doing pretty good, but the secondary really struggles with big receivers. I hope our STs improve since that has been a weak spot as well, but overall I have enjoyed the season a lot more than last year. It seems night and day, but it's still a slow process though, can't get too impatient. 8-8 would be great, I'd still take a better record, but I like the direction the team is going though

njsue
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
You have got that right!

billogic99
10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
St. Louis is a bad team. There is no question about that. Washington GAVE away that game.

Miami is a scrappy team right now and the real mettle of the Bills have not been tested quite yet. There's a lot of questions about how good the Bills actually are. And since SD is a team that we'll most likely play in the playoffs (if we make it) it will be a very bad sign if we get demolished by them on our home turf.

Miami made a statement by beating SD. Miami is a team to be reckoned with. The Bills have yet to make a real statement, aside from the Jax game. We need to plant our playoff flag into the ground and show the league that yes, we are not just picking off bad teams at the best possible times, but we are a team that is playoff calibre because we just handled business at home against a very good SD team.

Many people are saying that SD's 3-3 record is a lot better than our 4-1 record and I tend to agree. SD has played a lot of tough teams. I still believe we can get this job done. Parrish is back, Edwards is back. This defense should be playing at a high level because they should be on the sidelines a lot more because our offense should be able to hold onto the ball for a good amount of time with Edwards back in the saddle.

I think the only thing about SD that's "very good" is their passing game, everything else about that team is below avg. Once in a while their ST will make a play, but that's far from a constant thing. I think winning against SD will be better then winning against the Rams or Raiders, but not much. There's now way at this point the Chargers are a playoff team.

mybills
10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Many people are saying that SD's 3-3 record is a lot better than our 4-1 record and I tend to agree. SD has played a lot of tough teams.
The only tough team they've played is Denver. Their 3-3 record is what it is.

raphael120
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I think the only thing about SD that's "very good" is their passing game, everything else about that team is below avg. Once in a while their ST will make a play, but that's far from a constant thing. I think winning against SD will be better then winning against the Rams or Raiders, but not much. There's now way at this point the Chargers are a playoff team.

Yeah, LT is not very good or anything...

HughC
10-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Charger fans will cry about the Hochuli call at Denver and point out that the first game ended on a jump ball TD, but even though they could be 5-1, they're not; they're 3-3. Seems to me that they have a bit of trouble traveling east, such as the Miami game. I also believe that they looked at New England as their biggest game of the year, which would lead to a slight emotional letdown. Add in the fact that the Bills coaching staff has had two weeks to prepare, and the Bills players two weeks to heal any bruises, and my money is on a win by the Bills.

mybills
10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
hey Raph, even though I disagree with you about the records, your avatar is hilarious! :up:

Super_Boltz
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
the Chargers are a better team than that team that lost to miami. We didn't have our starting ILB stephen cooper for the first 4 weeks. He comes in and all of the sudden we don't miss merriman as much. He is making plays and being a difference maker along with a more blitz oriented scheme rather than that bend but dont break defense we played the first few weeks of the season. The chargers are 3-1 in their last 4 and are a 4 and goal from the 1, a bad referee call, and a batted down pass with 2 seconds left from being undefeated. Yes it really is that close and yes the Chargers are a good team that is finally playing good ball again. Can you see the bills putting up 35 plus and hanging with the Chargers this week? We do avg a bout 30 a game ya know.

billogic99
10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, LT is not very good or anything...

LT hasn't been the same player so far, now if he was a 100% healthy that would be different. Nonetheless, he's been less of a threat this year then normal because of the injury. I never said LT wasn't a good football player, just that the only real strong part of their team this year has been their passing game, not their running, defense or ST's. Now you can start linning up your ducks so if the Bills win Sunday you can act like the Bills beat a SB contender, but the Chargers have clearly not been the same team they were last year to this point. I think you're gonna see a Chargers team Sunday that looks whooped from the word go, the Bills will be much fresher, playing at home and the Chargers still have to head across the pond after this game. IMO the Chargers won't even show up for this game. The Bills win big this game won't even be a test.

mybills
10-17-2008, 10:07 PM
the Chargers are a better team than that team that lost to miami. We didn't have our starting ILB stephen cooper for the first 4 weeks. He comes in and all of the sudden we don't miss merriman as much. He is making plays and being a difference maker along with a more blitz oriented scheme rather than that bend but dont break defense we played the first few weeks of the season. The chargers are 3-1 in their last 4 and are a 4 and goal from the 1, a bad referee call, and a batted down pass with 2 seconds left from being undefeated. Yes it really is that close and yes the Chargers are a good team that is finally playing good ball again. Can you see the bills putting up 35 plus and hanging with the Chargers this week? We do avg a bout 30 a game ya know.
I won't call you a homer..but..can you at least admit that they don't look as good
as they did last year? That's what I'm seeing. I watched several games last year with my friend Eric who is a chargers fan, and this years chargers team isn't as strong.

ps..my guess was forty something to 38..Bills win.

ServoBillieves
10-18-2008, 12:37 AM

Agreed. Darren Sproles can be electric, but past that on ST they're mediocre. Expect some McLovin' all night long.

Mitchell55
10-18-2008, 01:42 AM

Yeah, and we didnt look good against a top 5 team with a injured QB, WR, CB, and slightly injured DE (schobel not 100%). All were starters and yet you say your LB not playing is the reason they lost. Also, you played alot of teams with sucky Defenses. Now you play a real D.

!Papacrunk!
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
simple NFL stuff--pressure on Rivers and watch out for Sproles, he's a sneaky one