• Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Bills may let McGee walk after 2009?

From Chris Brown's blog:

2. Hi Chris,

I was wondering about the Ashton Youboty’s contract. Drafted in 06′ how many years does he have left on his deal? He has obviously stepped up his play and one can argue that he has been the best defensive back on the field this year. What are the chances of he Bills possibly extending Youboty before his on the field play continues to excel and warrants more money down the road?

Thanks and Go Bills!

Sean Lindstrom
    CB: Ashton is signed through the 2009 season. He was signed to a four-year deal coming out of college in 2006. As for extending Youboty, I think he may have to wait in line. Just at his position alone, Jabari Greer is up after this season and like Ashton, Terrence McGee is also up after 2009. McGee might prove too expensive which may cater to the team extending Ashton.
    Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

Winfield, Clements, and now McGee? Why do we groom these CBs and then let them go when they are matured?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills may let McGee walk after 2009?

Fair question to ask Miyagi if what CB says is true. Im not opposed to letting McGee walk but it would be a very hard pill to swallow.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

****!
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• B-DON
        hi
        • Mar 2004

if mcgee goes, then expect mclevin to be gone after his rookie contract to if he is any good. i know that's a little far ahead but i'm just sayin

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Greer goes before McGee.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Won't McGee be in his 9th year?
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

"It's a business". Free Agency is the worst thing to ever happen to sports.

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

This might not sound too popular, -but so what if McGee goes? As a corner, he's nowhere as good as Clements or Winfield. To be honest, Ive always thought of McGee as a great nickelback, -but not necessarily a great #1 corner.

He's an excellent returner, -but if we already have Parrish and McLovin, than there's no need to overpay for McGee.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  From Chris Brown's blog:

Winfield, Clements, and now McGee? Why do we groom these CBs and then let them go when they are matured?

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying the whole time !!

I don't think we should have spent a 1st rounder on a CB since we always let our CBs walk anyways.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                    I do not like the McKelvin pick for a number of reasons, some that I have not brought up on this board before:

-- This team will never pay top dollar for a CB, and never has, so why select a CB with the 11th pick? If he turns out to be elite, he'll cost a fortune to re-sign. Are we just renting Leodis for a few years? Shouldn't teams draft 1st rounders to be cornerstones of the team for many years?

-- IF we really are willing to pay top dollar for a CB, we could have just re-signed Nate Clements. Clements was proven. (Note: I don't think we should ever pay big bucks for a CB, and thought it was a good move to not re-sign Nate).

-- I think guys like McGee and Greer are the ideal pair of CBs to have: Greer is a solid cover guy, and handles his business. McGee is the playmaker and an asset on special teams. Both are relatively young guys who won't ever cost a fortune.

-- IMO, our main problem with pass defense last year was lack of a pass-rush, not our CBs. I agree we had no reliable nickle CB, and lacked depth. If the Bills thought Youboty was a bust, we could have gotten 3rd and 4th string CBs via the draft or FA. The Reggie Corner pick was a great pick, IMO.

-- I don't believe the Bills will re-sign Greer for the long term, and if that's the case, we have essentially replaced Greer with McKelvin. Not much of a return in my opinion, considering we used our 11th pick.

-- To answer your question, I think we should have traded down. If that option wasn't there, I was hoping for Derrick Harvey, but the Jags already picked him with the #9 pick. My 2nd preference was Branden Albert, who would've looked great next to Langston Walker. IMO, the Bills blew it with Brad Butler. Our run blocking is EMBARASSING.

-- I would have also been happy with tackles Ryan Clady or Jeff Otah. I would much rather get a situational O-Lineman than a situational CB.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

If we still have Greer, McGee walks.

If we lose Greer, McGee stays.

With Ashton, Greer/McGee, Reggie, and McLovin, we'd only need 1 more corner in the draft and we'd be set.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

it's a season and 2/3 from now.

If McKelvin, Greer and Youboty develop, we won't even need him. Who needs an old CB anyway?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                          If we still have Greer, McGee walks.

If we lose Greer, McGee stays.

With Ashton, Greer/McGee, Reggie, and McLovin, we'd only need 1 more corner in the draft and we'd be set.
                          I agree.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            it's a season and 2/3 from now.

If McKelvin, Greer and Youboty develop, we won't even need him. Who needs an old CB anyway?

Greer is a free agent after this season, and is 26 years old. I'm not sure if the Bills plan to re-sign him or not.

McGee just turned 28. I don't think he's that old.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

It's a season and two from now, Op.

Comment

Working...
                              X