• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Bills corner market on secondary injuries

The Buffalo Bills’ secondary could have a much different look when they meet the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.
    Bills coach Dick Jauron confirmed the obvious that cornerback Terrence McGee will miss his second straight game with a sprained knee. Meanwhile, cornerback Ashton Youboty is very questionable after being limited in practice the last two days.
    Youboty has been dealing with an achy foot that kept him out of a couple of practices during the bye week. He’ll likely be a game-time decision on Sunday.
    “He’s just sore,” Jauron said of Youboty. “He does individual work and is very limited in team and in the [scout team] stuff. We were just trying to get him through it. We’ll have to see how that thing feels at game time.”
    If Youboty can’t play, the Bills’ secondary will be short-handed against one of the best pass offenses in the NFL. Veteran starter Jabari Greer and rookies Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner are the team’s only healthy corners. McKelvin is expected to start in McGee’s spot.
    The good news for the Bills is versatile strong safety Donte Whitner has experience playing cornerback against slot receivers. Whitner also is expected to play some at free safety with starter Ko Simpson slowed by a tight hamstring. Reserve safeties Bryan Scott and George Wilson could see some playing time as well.
    “I’m going to be in a lot of different roles: nickel, free safety, strong safety,” Whitner said. “You’ll see a variation of different places I’ll line up out there and I accept the challenge, I welcome it.”
    Two other question marks for Sunday are defensive end Aaron Schobel and center Melvin Fowler. Schobel hasn’t practice all week because of an ailing left foot. Fowler has been sidelined the last two days with a sore elbow.
    Both will be game-time decisions, though Schobel is less likely to play than Fowler.
    more...

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills corner market on secondary injuries

The Chargers lost at Miami two weeks ago, but are a respectable 11-10 in Eastern road games since 2002.

“There is a challenge in terms of the time difference and making sure you get all your preparation work done,” Chargers coach Norv Turner said. “But our team has traditionally played well on the East Coast.

Wow Norv, you're like 50-50 and you call that well?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

And, the worst news..."Both will be game-time decisions, though Schobel is less likely to play than Fowler."

Edit: OK, your right. McGee + Youboty out would be worst news. But, I really had my heart set on seeing Preston at center. :/
      Last edited by yordad; 10-18-2008, 09:15 AM.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

who knows. this doesn't sound good, but i got my fingers crossed that that the dallas cowboys from last years monday night game come out and give us some turnovers.

that to me is the difference between a good defensive bills showing and a weak one. they really don't get adequate pressure still, but if they get some turnovers, they find themselves a whole lot quicker.

in trent we trust, i guess. offense may have to keep us in a gun fight.

Comment

Working...
        X