• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

NFL Sunday Ticket

For those of you living outside the Western New York Broadcast area, today is the first day of availability for ordering the 2003 NFL Sunday ticket. The early bird special is 200.00 this year. I can't even imagine what a late order costs.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

what the hell.. isnt that like 50 more than the last few years??
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Are you serious?? Yeah, T, I think mine was $130 or $140 last season...

If its true, I suggest everybody call up and really give them a piece of your mind - that's just ridiculous increase.

Comment

• fabolouspaul
        • Oct 2002

$200 is just ridiculous. The bills get 3 national tv games, so that leaves about 13 games or less (Bills dont get much airtime in LA). So i'm basically paying $15 per Bills game!!! No thanks, i'll spend the money on buffalo wings, fries and a coke at the bar for 10 bucks less!
        LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I'm in. It's well worth it.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

oh.. dont get me wrong.. i will buy the damn ticket.. being able to watch games from my home on my own big screen is invaluable to me.. plus, i play in alot of FF leagues.. so i need to see all the games.. well.. want to see all the games.. i actually have 2 receivers so that i can get the nfl games on one 27 inch tv, that sits right next to my 55" that has the bills game on

i cant give that up..
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              I'm in. It's well worth it.

First year for me. I bought mine about a month ago!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Ok, some good news and some bad news...

The Bad: I just got off the phone with DTV, and apparently the new price of $199 is correct... (And thats the Early Bird price!) The explanation for this is that they've added a feature called Sunday Snap that provides interactive access to game stats. WHOOPEEE!!!! Certainly thats worth a 25% increase in price!!! Uh, hey guys... ever heard of the INTERNET?!?!

The Good: Well, sorta... If you were a subscriber last year, the auto-renew Early Bird price is $179.

The Ugly: The guy actually said this is a new 'Feature'... LMAO... Get this - if a game is being broadcast on your local station, that's where you will have to watch it - it will NOT be broadcast over your dish... That's really nice - so this year I get to watch 3 of the 16 non-primetime in crappy cable quality!! Hmm... with 2 night games and one on a Saturday, thats 10 games for $179 - 18 bucks a game, what a bargain!!!

I don't know about any of you, but I'm seriously pissed off about this.. I realize we can't change it, but if you've got an extra 10 minutes, we all need to call and make them aware that this sucks... Just because they have a monopoly on NFL games doesn't mean they should be able to raise rates EVERY season and gouge us out of our hard earned money.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

interactive access to game stats?

wys will be in heaven

Byrd.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                    Ok, some good news and some bad news...

The Bad: I just got off the phone with DTV, and apparently the new price of $199 is correct... (And thats the Early Bird price!) The explanation for this is that they've added a feature called Sunday Snap that provides interactive access to game stats. WHOOPEEE!!!! Certainly thats worth a 25% increase in price!!! Uh, hey guys... ever heard of the INTERNET?!?!

The Good: Well, sorta... If you were a subscriber last year, the auto-renew Early Bird price is $179.

The Ugly: The guy actually said this is a new 'Feature'... LMAO... Get this - if a game is being broadcast on your local station, that's where you will have to watch it - it will NOT be broadcast over your dish... That's really nice - so this year I get to watch 3 of the 16 non-primetime in crappy cable quality!! Hmm... with 2 night games and one on a Saturday, thats 10 games for $179 - 18 bucks a game, what a bargain!!!

Bastards making you buy the local channels at $7 a month. :angry: That's the biggest ripoff of the dish.

$179!! Woooooo Hooooo

The interactive stuff will be cool if they can get it updated fast enough. Most of the interactive stuff there now (ESPN) is slow.

Comment

• Ð
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

You guys are getting reamed.

I can get Sunday Ticket from my Cable Co. for $159.99 Canadian. ($112 US at current rates)

Comment

• WCoastFin
                        I have the arms of a new born baby!
                        • Jul 2002

NFL Ticket is awsome.........i suggest you look for your local hacker......if Im correct Canada is right around the corner
                        We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Bastards making you buy the local channels at $7 a month. :angry: That's the biggest ripoff of the dish.
                          Yeah, I hadn't even thought of that... that really is a ballsy move.. I only carry the Sunday Ticket programming on my dish, and have local cable for the rest.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i only carry NFL ticket on my dish too.. and use digital cable for the rest..

since they dont know i cable, and since i dont have local stations through them, will they still black out the local games?

and does that just mean the local team? or all the games that they happen to put on in your area?

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Tatonka they go by your area code and zip code I believe they have your bill right? It sucks I still have to get a dish I moved and have to put it backup just haven't got around to it. Go Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X