PDA

View Full Version : Spread offense

shelby
10-19-2008, 07:31 AM
The Buffalo Bills’ offense finds out today if it’s ready to run with the big boys. The San Diego Chargers bring the highest-scoring offense in the NFL into Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Seven different Chargers offensive players have combined to make 15 Pro Bowl appearances. Just one Bills offensive player (Jason Peters) has one Pro Bowl to his name.
Yet the Bills think they are ready for today’s challenge because they believe the whole of their attack has become greater than the sum of their parts.
“We feel like we’ve got a lot of weapons on this team, and each week somebody different steps up,” said Bills running back Fred Jackson. “We know they’re a very powerful and explosive team. But we feel like we are, too.”
The Bills’ scoring is up almost 10 points per game from last year despite the addition of just one significant part, rookie James Hardy. Buffalo ranked 30th in 2007 at 15.8 ppg. So far they’re at 25.2 ppg this year.
The Bills are spreading the ball around to all their weapons better. They are running a more diversified attack, which was a point of emphasis for new coordinator Turk Schonert entering the season.
“Last year we had some things where the guys knew they weren’t going to get the ball,” Schonert said. “This year they can get the ball on any given play. I don’t think Lee [Evans] has led our team in catches one time in five games. Yards yes, but not catches.”
Eleven Bills have caught passes this season and five have caught 13 or more. Last year through five games, only two had caught that many.
more.. (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/467706.html)

DMBcrew36
10-19-2008, 08:09 AM
They're spreading the ball around, but that doesn't mean they're using a spread offense :)

Cntrygal
10-19-2008, 09:12 AM
San Diego has one of the best starting cornerback combinations in the NFL in Quentin Jammer, the fifth overall pick in the 2002 draft, and Antonio Cromartie, who led the league in interceptions last year with 10.

Jammer held New England’s Randy Moss to just three catches for 26 yards last week.

Jammer and Cromartie have the ability to restrict the chances Edwards might give to Evans, who stands fifth in the AFC in receiving yards.

:nervous:

Buckets
10-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I may be wrong but I think Moorman, Mitchell and Schobel have been to the pro bowl.