X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Last word on Gonzalez

Charlie Casserly was on CBS pre-game and said in the end, it came down to 2 teams: the Bills and Packers. The Bills had the best offer with a firm 3rd rounder while the Packers had a conditional 3rd rounder. Gonzalez didn't want to be traded to Buffalo. There was no discussion about whether Peterson would have taken the Bills' offer had Gonzalez not blocked the trade, but it's reasonable to believe he would have. So Gonzalez not coming to Buffalo is ALL on Gonzalez. Any mea culpa's coming from certain BZ posters?

I now have gone from being a Tony Gonzalez fan to one of his biggest haters. The Bills are 4-1 right now and could have been all but assured of making the playoffs by adding Gonzalez. But it seems like Gonzalez wanted a free ride (like there's any team guaranteed to make the playoffs, moron), so I'm glad the trade didn't happen. I hope he proves to be not even worth a 3rd rounder and kicks himself for not going to Buffalo. I also hope the fans boo him (for wanting to be traded) every time he steps on the field. Ahole.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Last word on Gonzalez

Winning was not really important to Gonzalez. It was all a charade on his part. I get sick of players "just wanting to win" when what they really mean is I want to pick and chose where I want to play.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
      Charlie Casserly was on CBS pre-game and said in the end, it came down to 2 teams: the Bills and Packers. The Bills had the best offer with a firm 3rd rounder while the Packers had a conditional 3rd rounder. Gonzalez didn't want to be traded to Buffalo. There was no discussion about whether Peterson would have taken the Bills' offer had Gonzalez not blocked the trade, but it's reasonable to believe he would have. So Gonzalez not coming to Buffalo is ALL on Gonzalez. Any mea culpa's coming from certain BZ posters?

I now have gone from being a Tony Gonzalez fan to one of his biggest haters. The Bills are 4-1 right now and could have been all but assured of making the playoffs by adding Gonzalez. But it seems like Gonzalez wanted a free ride (like there's any team guaranteed to make the playoffs, moron), so I'm glad the trade didn't happen. I hope he proves to be not even worth a 3rd rounder and kicks himself for not going to Buffalo. I also hope the fans boo him (for wanting to be traded) every time he steps on the field. Ahole.
      I saw Casserly -- you're right, that exactly what he said.

I think what probably happened is that Peterson had told Gonzalez that he could have a say in the trade. When we offered the 3rd, Peterson asked Gonzalez if that was cool with him, Gonzalez said no, and THEN Peterson upped the asking price to a 2nd. I think if we had offered a 2nd, Peterson would have sprung the trade despite Gonzalez' objection. But I'm glad that we didn't give up a 2nd--that's a big pick.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Gonzalez wanted to play on natural grass... that's why he nixed buffalo
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          Gonzalez wanted to play on natural grass... that's why he nixed buffalo
          He wanted to play for the Giants. The Giants play on the same stuff the Bills do. The speculation that he wanted to play on real grass was wrong. He didn't want to play for the Bills.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

They can consult TG about their first pick as well, 1st in the draft.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Sucks to be Gonzalez. Have fun on that losing team Tony!

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                Sucks to be Gonzalez. Have fun on that losing team Tony!
                But he'll be losing all those games on grass so all is well in TG's world

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

When players are more worried about how glamorous a town is rather than how good the team is, that's a bad omen right off the bat. You don't want players like that, not on this team.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    When players are more worried about how glamorous a town is rather than how good the team is, that's a bad omen right off the bat. You don't want players like that, not on this team.

PTR
                    Yeah, Green Bay is crazy.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                      • Feb 2008

Well Tony, we are 5-1, the 2nd best team in the nfl, will probably have HF advantage most of the playoffs if we continue at the rate we are going, and you didnt want to come here?

Comment

• ct bills fan
                        • Jul 2002

Doesn't he have a personal web page or a g-mail or something like that? Saw it on one of these sites. We should all send him "nice" e-mails.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

as much as i dislike TG right now, lets wait til after the kc game before we send him mail. i'd hate for him to have a huge game against us.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Who cares? We have Robert Royal. WOOOOHOOOOOOO!]

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

In a way, I'm glad we didn't give up too much for him.

Our recent 3rd rounders have netted us Marcus Stroud and Trent Edwards. Can't beat that.

Comment

Working...
                              X