PDA

View Full Version : Last word on Gonzalez

Goobylal
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Charlie Casserly was on CBS pre-game and said in the end, it came down to 2 teams: the Bills and Packers. The Bills had the best offer with a firm 3rd rounder while the Packers had a conditional 3rd rounder. Gonzalez didn't want to be traded to Buffalo. There was no discussion about whether Peterson would have taken the Bills' offer had Gonzalez not blocked the trade, but it's reasonable to believe he would have. So Gonzalez not coming to Buffalo is ALL on Gonzalez. Any mea culpa's coming from certain BZ posters?

I now have gone from being a Tony Gonzalez fan to one of his biggest haters. The Bills are 4-1 right now and could have been all but assured of making the playoffs by adding Gonzalez. But it seems like Gonzalez wanted a free ride (like there's any team guaranteed to make the playoffs, moron), so I'm glad the trade didn't happen. I hope he proves to be not even worth a 3rd rounder and kicks himself for not going to Buffalo. I also hope the fans boo him (for wanting to be traded) every time he steps on the field. Ahole.

Novacane
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Winning was not really important to Gonzalez. It was all a charade on his part. I get sick of players "just wanting to win" when what they really mean is I want to pick and chose where I want to play.

Saratoga Slim
10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Charlie Casserly was on CBS pre-game and said in the end, it came down to 2 teams: the Bills and Packers. The Bills had the best offer with a firm 3rd rounder while the Packers had a conditional 3rd rounder. Gonzalez didn't want to be traded to Buffalo. There was no discussion about whether Peterson would have taken the Bills' offer had Gonzalez not blocked the trade, but it's reasonable to believe he would have. So Gonzalez not coming to Buffalo is ALL on Gonzalez. Any mea culpa's coming from certain BZ posters?

I now have gone from being a Tony Gonzalez fan to one of his biggest haters. The Bills are 4-1 right now and could have been all but assured of making the playoffs by adding Gonzalez. But it seems like Gonzalez wanted a free ride (like there's any team guaranteed to make the playoffs, moron), so I'm glad the trade didn't happen. I hope he proves to be not even worth a 3rd rounder and kicks himself for not going to Buffalo. I also hope the fans boo him (for wanting to be traded) every time he steps on the field. Ahole.

I saw Casserly -- you're right, that exactly what he said.

I think what probably happened is that Peterson had told Gonzalez that he could have a say in the trade. When we offered the 3rd, Peterson asked Gonzalez if that was cool with him, Gonzalez said no, and THEN Peterson upped the asking price to a 2nd. I think if we had offered a 2nd, Peterson would have sprung the trade despite Gonzalez' objection. But I'm glad that we didn't give up a 2nd--that's a big pick.

Ingtar33
10-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Gonzalez wanted to play on natural grass... that's why he nixed buffalo

Goobylal
10-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Gonzalez wanted to play on natural grass... that's why he nixed buffalo
He wanted to play for the Giants. The Giants play on the same stuff the Bills do. The speculation that he wanted to play on real grass was wrong. He didn't want to play for the Bills.

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
They can consult TG about their first pick as well, 1st in the draft.

DynaPaul
10-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Sucks to be Gonzalez. Have fun on that losing team Tony!

Novacane
10-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Sucks to be Gonzalez. Have fun on that losing team Tony!

But he'll be losing all those games on grass so all is well in TG's world :snicker:

PromoTheRobot
10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
When players are more worried about how glamorous a town is rather than how good the team is, that's a bad omen right off the bat. You don't want players like that, not on this team.

PTR

yordad
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
When players are more worried about how glamorous a town is rather than how good the team is, that's a bad omen right off the bat. You don't want players like that, not on this team.

PTRYeah, Green Bay is crazy.

Mitchell55
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Well Tony, we are 5-1, the 2nd best team in the nfl, will probably have HF advantage most of the playoffs if we continue at the rate we are going, and you didnt want to come here?

ct bills fan
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Doesn't he have a personal web page or a g-mail or something like that? Saw it on one of these sites. We should all send him "nice" e-mails.

trapezeus
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
as much as i dislike TG right now, lets wait til after the kc game before we send him mail. i'd hate for him to have a huge game against us.

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Who cares? We have Robert Royal. WOOOOHOOOOOOO!]:ill:

Lexwhat
10-19-2008, 11:50 PM
In a way, I'm glad we didn't give up too much for him.

Our recent 3rd rounders have netted us Marcus Stroud and Trent Edwards. Can't beat that.

Lexwhat
10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Also, I trust Charlie Casserly's word over anyone else's in the media. The guy knows pretty much all the GMs/coaches in this league.

thenry20
10-20-2008, 03:47 AM
Winning was not really important to Gonzalez. It was all a charade on his part. I get sick of players "just wanting to win" when what they really mean is I want to pick and chose where I want to play.

Alot of pros take pay cuts to play for a winner or "home team discounts" to remain with one. The Celtics are great proof of that.

TG wanted to go to the Giants from what I read but NY wasn't going to part with anything as high as a 3rd rounder or multiple picks in that deal.

I never got my panties in a wad over this because he won't help us in the running game. TE completes his passes at a very high % with the personnel we have at the mo.

I'd rather have a PB type Center than a receiver.

Luisito23
10-20-2008, 04:12 AM
i'd hate for him to have a huge game against us.

Not unless they start him at QB and he completes most of his passes to himself...

Goobylal
10-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Alot of pros take pay cuts to play for a winner or "home team discounts" to remain with one. The Celtics are great proof of that.

TG wanted to go to the Giants from what I read but NY wasn't going to part with anything as high as a 3rd rounder or multiple picks in that deal.

I never got my panties in a wad over this because he won't help us in the running game. TE completes his passes at a very high % with the personnel we have at the mo.

I'd rather have a PB type Center than a receiver.
A good TE can help open-up the running game. But F him.