Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

The Clock

This is the official clock question thread. I want to know:

1) How did they enforce the clock.
    2) How did they enforce the replay?

I'm appalled that there was a power outage today and part of this crucial game was not documented. All stadiums should have the same equipment to demonstrate the replay. They should have turned off all replay devices as soon as a game had to be played without replay.

Thank you.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Clock

Originally posted by Typ0
    This is the official clock question thread. I want to know:

1) How did they enforce the clock.
    2) How did they enforce the replay?

I'm appalled that there was a power outage today and part of this crucial game was not documented. All stadiums should have the same equipment to demonstrate the replay. They should have turned off all replay devices as soon as a game had to be played without replay.

Thank you.
    The clock was kept on the field.

The power outage had nothing to do with the stadium - it was across the street in a parking lot.

Appalled?? Really? You're that mad over it? Fine. Then find the ass who blew up a garbage bag with helium and let it go in a parking lot. It was probably some no clue fan who thought he was being funny and was too drunk to stand up straight.

It sure wasn't the Bills fault. Also, generators to carry the broadcast? Any clue how many they would have needed? Come on.

Why should other games have gone without reply? Personally, I think everything went very well. They even stopped the game in the hopes that it would get fixed pronto. It was handled very well. You could see the coaches communicating with the officials and those on the field knew exactly what was going on.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

As far as I know the on field ref keeps the "official" game time.

The clock we see in the stadium and on TV is in sync with his clock and it is for such unforeseen circumstances like today.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        As far as I know the on field ref keeps the "official" game time.

The clock we see in the stadium and on TV is in sync with his clock and it is for such unforeseen circumstances like today.
        The official time is always kept on the field. The scoreboard is for the fans. The only thing that they really needed to be concerned with was the play clock. QBs are very dependent on that. I think each team got a delay of game call during the blackout. Other than that - very smooth.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Bills won. On to next week!
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

We won by 9 & could of scored more but we ended the game.

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              We won by 9 & could of scored more but we ended the game.
              That would have been classless of the Bills to pile it on at that point.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

eb, I didn't read all your post at all but yeah I'm opposed. If the league is going to choose the replay then they should choose the replay.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                  That would have been classless of the Bills to pile it on at that point.
                  Having watched the Cowboys and Patriots for so long, I semi-expected the Bills to go for the field goal then jam the sacks/et cetera down the Chargers throats, but they did the right thing to win, rather than being jerks.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

eb, I didn't read all your post at all but yeah I'm opposed. If the league is going to choose the replay then they should choose the replay.
                    replay what? why should something that happens at one stadium affect the others?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Appalled?

A tad bit of an overreaction.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        replay what? why should something that happens at one stadium affect the others?
                        because the outcome of the game could be effected. The replay should not be used differently in different games. Week to week and game to game the replay should be applied consistently...not more effective for the game of the week and not existent for a game not being televised.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Appalled?

A tad bit of an overreaction.
                          I don't think so at all...and if there was a very questionable call in this game the tune would be different here too.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            The clock was kept on the field.

The power outage had nothing to do with the stadium - it was across the street in a parking lot.

Appalled?? Really? You're that mad over it? Fine. Then find the ass who blew up a garbage bag with helium and let it go in a parking lot. It was probably some no clue fan who thought he was being funny and was too drunk to stand up straight.

It sure wasn't the Bills fault. Also, generators to carry the broadcast? Any clue how many they would have needed? Come on.

Why should other games have gone without reply? Personally, I think everything went very well. They even stopped the game in the hopes that it would get fixed pronto. It was handled very well. You could see the coaches communicating with the officials and those on the field knew exactly what was going on.
                            Spot on.

I was there & it couldn't have been handled any better. The weather was perfect & the fans still had a great time.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

I don't think so at all...and if there was a very questionable call in this game the tune would be different here too.
                              Are you serious?? I sure hope not. This thread is whacko

Comment

Working...
                              X