PDA

View Full Version : I just talked to Bryan (Op}

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Bryan (aka Op) was at the game today....I talked to him and he was both ecstatic and without a voice from his 12th man experience.

Do me a favor, and don't give him too much crap about his negative posts regarding the Bills over the last two weeks...

I've been a Bills fan for over 45 years, and it seems that the LAST game we played described our entire season. I have to admit that I was feeling kinda squirrely about this game, but I watched it (as much as the power failures could allow) and was VERY happy with the outcome.

A couple of observations...
1. Trent Edwards is the REAL DEAL.
2. Kawika Mitchell was a PHENOMENAL pick up from the Giants.
3. Leodis McKelvin has a lot to learn....hello, Leodis, this ain't Troy....
4. Marshawn Lynch is a running back with an ATTITUDE.
5. Fred Jackson is a guy who just LOVES playing football, and plays his ASS off.
6. Lee Evans is a man who the Bills have to do EVERYTHING in their power to keep.

That is all.

Crisis
10-19-2008, 04:06 PM
agreed, except lee is already locked up.

that td grab was disgusting.

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
agreed, except lee is already locked up.

that td grab was disgusting.
It was freakin' SICK. I LOVED it!!!!!!

Crisis
10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
i thought it was a fade to hardy at first, then i thought there was no way he had that.

i was screaming at the tv when i saw that replay

mayotm
10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Bryan (aka Op) was at the game today....I talked to him and he was both ecstatic and without a voice from his 12th man experience.

Do me a favor, and don't give him too much crap about his negative posts regarding the Bills over the last two weeks...

I've been a Bills fan for over 45 years, and it seems that the LAST game we played described our entire season. I have to admit that I was feeling kinda squirrely about this game, but I watched it (as much as the power failures could allow) and was VERY happy with the outcome.

5. Fred Jackson is a guy who just LOVES playing football, and plays his ASS off.
6. Lee Evans is a man who the Bills have to do EVERYTHING in their power to keep.

That is all.People don't need to give Op too much crap, but he does need to come in and eat his crow along with a few other posters who have been overly negative.

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 04:09 PM
OP is a good man that is going to Billieve from now on.

Philagape
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
People don't need to give Op too much crap, but he does need to come in and eat his crow along with a few other posters who have been overly negative.

Op is happy to eat crow when it's served

YardRat
10-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Loved the block by Jackson on Lynch's TD run...especially the celebratory chest-thump afterward. Guys like that, who take pride in doing the little things well, are often the difference between winners and losers.

Crisis
10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Loved the block by Jackson on Lynch's TD run...especially the celebratory chest-thump afterward. Guys like that, who take pride in doing the little things well, are often the difference between winners and losers.
i posted this in the GDT too, but did anyone else see marshawn hiding like he was following a block behind freddie on the sideline after that?

that was hilarious

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
That block was FANTASTIC...Freddy PANCAKED Jammer....he put him on his ass.

Jackson had a great game overall. I LOVE this guy.

ServoBillieves
10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Lee did phenomenal today. I was skeptical this entire time about the Kawika Mitchell pickup, but he proved to me today that he is the man we needed. Leodis does have plenty to learn, and Op is a good guy, just opposite of his name, he's generally negative. There's no problem in being a Bills fan looking at the empty side of the glass. I know he's a Bills fan, although a lot of people like to rip on him and call him out. Everyone has their opinion, look how many games I've picked wrong on the front page (Buffalo Young)!

If you met Op with a raspy voice, then anything he says pessimisticly is just a good observation on his part. Better for him to stand up to the optimistic Bills fanbase.

Go Bills!

Jeff1220
10-19-2008, 04:15 PM
i posted this in the GDT too, but did anyone else see marshawn hiding like he was following a block behind freddie on the sideline after that?

that was hilarious

I was lol-ing when I saw that :up:

Philagape
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
That block was FANTASTIC...Freddy PANCAKED Jammer....he put him on his ass.

Jackson had a great game overall. I LOVE this guy.

And just think, a few days ago he was a Kansas City Chief (according to Wikipedia :rofl:)

MikeInRoch
10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Op does need to get SOME crap. He bases far too much on past seasons, and not is happening in the present.

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
OP is a good man that is going to Billieve from now on.
I totally agree that Bryan is a good man. As far as him Billieving.....it all depends on our last performance, and if we were able to win 56-0 and totally dominate EVERY game.

LOL

I'll just tell you that he was VERY happy walking back to the post-game tailgate.

BTW...we BOTH agreed that McKelvin had a crappy game and got PWNED. There's some negative s**t to start the week...

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Op does need to get SOME crap. He bases far too much on past seasons, and not is happening in the present.
Gotta agree on what you said, but I just talked to him on the phone, and he was pretty positive. I pointed out to him about how bad McKelvin was today, and he agreed. I brought it up, not him.

He brought up nothing on his own.

HAMMER
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
McKelvin was not nearly as bad as you say. Our secondary kept Rivers well below his averages. Op makes his bed here, he can lie in it. Great victory!!

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Mike....I told him when I talked to him that he should expect some SERIOUS crap from people on this board.

....He said he was expecting it and was ready....

Ingtar33
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I was skeptical this entire time about the Kawika Mitchell pickup, but he proved to me today that he is the man we needed.

he was flat out dominant in the Giant's Superbowl run, in fact his game got better the bigger and more important the games. I was really happy we picked him up.. not many guys get better the bigger the game.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-19-2008, 04:38 PM

That was a great block by Jackson. Put that guy on his ass.

BillsOwnAll
10-19-2008, 04:38 PM
mckelvins a rookie! he didnt do bad....and chances are hes NOT going to get worse.

ServoBillieves
10-19-2008, 04:42 PM
he was flat out dominant in the Giant's Superbowl run, in fact his game got better the bigger and more important the games. I was really happy we picked him up.. not many guys get better the bigger the game.

I 100% agree with this as for him in the postseason. Past that, regular season he was a general ghost except against the Bills, but GREAT pickup for the Bills.

5-1!

Tatonka
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM

That is all.

no offense, but op whines about the team constantly, cries about every move they make, never ever has anything good to say, and is never satisfied with any win... if the bills do something good, he finds a reason why the other team sucks, not how buffalo could have done something good..

he will complain about mckelvin getting beat or lindell missing a field goal or blame the power outage on ralph some how.

so do me a favor.. tell op to just STFU every once and a while, and maybe people wouldn't want to always **** in his cheerios.

lordofgun
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM

That is all.
Evans was extended. :up:

Meathead
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
you gotta love this - ops parents were giving him ***t about having nothing to complain about (!!) for real too

hes way cool to hang with though. and having that adorable beaner wife they get some great ass rum

TigerJ
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm not too worried about McKelvin. Not only is he a rookie and had to wait a bit to get some playing time, he also came from a small school. It should take a bit more time to get him up to speed, but he's got plenty of athleticism and instinct and he's going to be solid for years to come.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
This site would suck without OP. He's a true Bills fan, just like me. We want wins!!!

Tatonka
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
and they when they do win, you complain about the manner in which they won.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
and they when they do win, you complain about the manner in which they won.

Really? I thought it was a great win today!

OpIv37
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
mckelvins a rookie! he didnt do bad....and chances are hes NOT going to get worse.

not really sure what your definition of "bad" is but he got smoked for two touchdowns. That's pretty damn bad.

Plus, he was mediocre on returns.

Overall, it was a great win against a very good football team so I can't really complain. But McKelvin has a LOT to learn.

jmb1099
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
not really sure what your definition of "bad" is but he got smoked for two touchdowns. That's pretty damn bad.

Overall, it was a great win against a very good football team so I can't really complain. But McKelvin has a LOT to learn.
Glad you had a great time. I think the important thing to remember about LM is that he was probably supposed to get schooled today and he did. That being said there is a good chance that in the process of being owned will learn from the experience. He played poorly enough to make me want to cry and just well enough that we didn't lose the game. I think he'll improve but as of right now he is raw.

Crisis
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
did reggie corner play? with how bad leodis was playing i didnt see him

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Yep...McKelwin got SMOKED on a lot of plays.....he has a LOT to learn as an NFLCB....

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
McKelvin got burned one time (the first TD). From where I was, the 2nd was a perfect pass. I am not sure if the Chargers were burning him or Scott ona couple of plays, as they were in the seem of the Zone.

Overall, the pass defense was pretty good, holding the Chargers down like they did.

As for giving him any ****, I won't do so now, but he did call me out on the Sabres after the season so I will return the favor if the Bills make the playoffs.

The good part is that he knows it is all in fun and it was great to see him and his lovely wife again.

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes, he is a rookie. But I have to disagree with you and say that he DID do bad.

I agree that he isn't going to get worse...I think that he will learn, and become a shut down corner in this league. :up:

DraftBoy
10-19-2008, 07:50 PM
McKelvin got burned one time (the first TD). From where I was, the 2nd was a perfect pass. I am not sure if the Chargers were burning him or Scott ona couple of plays, as they were in the seem of the Zone.

He should of batted down the 2nd TD pass, he didnt get smoked but he was out of position on that throw. Rivers simply threw it to Jackson, it wasn't like he threaded into him. McKelvin is in position on that pass its at worst a batted ball. No big deal though, like I said in another thread its a rookie mistake and Jackson is a very good unheralded WR. He used his body well and knew he was going against a rookie. McKelvin did make a nice tackle on LT in the 4th quarter though on a run, that I did notice.

Captain gameboy
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
He should of batted down the 2nd TD pass, he didnt get smoked but he was out of position on that throw. Rivers simply threw it to Jackson, it wasn't like he threaded into him. McKelvin is in position on that pass its at worst a batted ball. No big deal though, like I said in another thread its a rookie mistake and Jackson is a very good unheralded WR. He used his body well and knew he was going against a rookie. McKelvin did make a nice tackle on LT in the 4th quarter though on a run, that I did notice.

I don't think it is realistic to expect any dback in the league to be able to break up that play, given the rules interpretation.

The reason he was "out of position," per your claim, is due to the design of the play.

If you can get a decent receiver one on one with a corner, and run kind of a clear out to get that battle isolated, if the QB has time, he can throw to the other side from where the db is.
You get a catch or an interference.

I though McKelvin was all over him, but the throw was low and in, and he doesn't have a chance.
As always, the key is pressure.
If an NFL QB has time, he can wait to see which side opens up and either throw in or out.
Almost no way to defend it without a flag, in my view.

DraftBoy
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't think it is realistic to expect any dback in the league to be able to break up that play, given the rules interpretation.

The reason he was "out of position," per your claim, is due to the design of the play.

If you can get a decent receiver one on one with a corner, and run kind of a clear out to get that battle isolated, if the QB has time, he can throw to the other side from where the db is.
You get a catch or an interference.

I though McKelvin was all over him, but the throw was low and in, and he doesn't have a chance.
As always, the key is pressure.
If an NFL QB has time, he can wait to see which side opens up and either throw in or out.
Almost no way to defend it without a flag, in my view.

How is it unrealistic to expect a DB to use his body to gain position, your making excuses for him, when he was clearly out of position. He gave up the inside when in the redzone thats the last thing you do. If he's in proper posistion not behind Jackson and to the outside its an easy batted ball and possible INT. Plenty of guys make plays like this in College and the pros. Antonio Cromartie is great at using his body for positioning on plays like this. It was a mental lapse and one Im sure he'll correct.

Captain gameboy
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm not making excuses.
I thought he was all over the guy, and if he took away the inside, the throw would have been out. Rivers had plenty of time and had that option isolated.

Either Rivers screws up the throw, or its a catch or a pass interference.

Plenty of other things to hope McKelvin gets better at, especially ducking into the first guy on every kickoff return. I just don't think I'd read too much into what was a very well designed, protected and executed play.

im4bflo
10-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Op, eat's football and hockey crow, and deserves it.
What a great WIN!
GO BILLS! and Sabres!!!

Mitchell55
10-19-2008, 08:13 PM

Im not going to start something, especially after a great win, but McKelvin had great coverage on both plays, but couldnt locate the ball to knock it away.