PDA

View Full Version : WYS v. Bledsoe

Dman
05-01-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm gonna take WYS's theory of "what if's" and "we shoulda's" and his assumptions and future prognostications with regard to DB and attempt to apply it to last year..beginning with the draft.

1. "What if" TD didn't pull the trigger and get DB here?

AVP would have been our QB.

2. Now let's "assume" that we still finish 8-8 because, of course, DB contributed little if anything to our 8 victories...it was all TH.
(in the world according to WYS)

3. This year we would be drafting #14 and with that pick we "shoulda" picked either Michael Haynes or Jerome McDougle to shore up our DL...(let's ignore the fact that we have 14 of those guys listed on the roster before we draft).

4. Wouldn't we be chomping at the bit for this year to get underway???

wait...I can't do this...I have no stats!!!!!!

:lastyr:

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Nice try DMAN but you have to take into account DB best 5 games divided by his worst 12 times 2!! Come on D its common knowledge!

casdhf
05-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Now now, lets leave poor WYS alone, he's had a hard enough off-season what with Bryson leaving and all.

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 09:03 AM
And please let's not forget that if you take away all DB passes over 30 yards and his 400 yard game, his stats aren't really that impressive.

Alluro
05-01-2003, 09:17 AM
take away his 400 yd game and he still almost threw for 4000 yds on the season.

Dman
05-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Whoa!!!
This is way to many stats here...remember..DB isn't on our team..in this scenerio...we're heading to the promised land with AVP, TH and Haynes or McDougle.

Think about it..

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Would we still have traded Price For a first? Because IF DB wasnt' here I highly doubt Price would have put up #s like that and we wouldn't have received a first rounder for him!

The Natrix
05-01-2003, 10:09 AM
GOOD POINT TOR!!!

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 10:15 AM
TKO and Sam Adams would not have come to a team with AVP as a QB.

They only came because they felt that the Bills were a team on the rise. I think DB played into that.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Those are some HUGE IFS pat!

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Do you argee with the statement?

Earthquake Enyart
05-01-2003, 11:18 AM
You guys have it all wrong. TD goes to the junkpile and signs the Hall of Fame bound Chris Chandler or Jeff Blake. The Bills win their last 9 games and scream into the playoffs, narrowly losing to Oakland when a TH fumble is run back for a score.

Undaunted, wys proclaims his undying love for TH, and chastises TD for signing Blake/Chandler.

TD then drafts Chris Simms late in round 1. Wys then flips back to Chandler/Blake and calls Simms a "wasted pick"

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Lmao

WG
05-01-2003, 11:42 AM
This is sad, really, really sad! I defend Henry, as if his play really needs defending, and you all jump down my throat. So who's being the optimistic one here?

But so long as you all want to defend Drew, defend this:

He was 2-7 v. teams above .500 last year.

In those games he was:

In 7 losses last year, he averaged about 270 YPG but was only able to average 1 TD on all of those yards, eh.

In addition to his whopping 1 TD/game average, he tossed 15 INTs and added another 3 fumbles for 18 total TOs.

Many of you rave about his playoff records! Well, here they are:

Bledsoe's playoff performances:

Collectively:

He's 129 of 252, for 51.2% compl., ~ 200 YPG, 5.3 YPA, 6 TDs, 12 INTs.

Is that good or isn't it?

In the Pats SB season, he was, in the POs:

59 for 105, for 56.2%, < 200 YPG, 3 TDs, 7 INTs.

Is that good or isn't it?

In 6 and a half (PIT) playoff games:

1. His compl. % has been below 50% twice, below 53% 5 of 7 games, Over 60% (barely too) only once.

2. He has thrown more INTs than TDs in 5 of 7 games. In the two games otherwise, he threw only 1 TD in each one to 0 INTs, but had two of his worst games otherwise. 139 yards and that PIT game, the one everyone raves over 4 plays while ignoring two full Qs.

3. Has never even come close to dominating a game or of even getting close to 300 yards.

4. Was well below 200 yards in 4 of 7 games.

5. Has had 0 TDs in 2 of the 7 games, 1 in 4, and 2 in only one game, the game that he tossed 4 INTs.

Say what you will, but everyone is dissing Henry as if he's some sort of A-hole! He fully deserves every fans support this year based on last season's performances.

Sure, he had 11 fumbles. But 7 of them were in games won and only one cost us the game.

Again, compare that to Drew's performances in the other 7 losses!

It's unbelieveable, it really is.

WG
05-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that marvy Pittsburgh hall-of-fame generating game:

10 of 21 for 102 yards. Other than that first drive that he picked up off of after Brady led the Pats to PIT's 40, he was 7 of 18 for 66 yards and 0 TDs on the following 6 drives.

Woowhee! Let's see, that's a hearty average on a per-drive basis of what, 1 for 3 for 11 yards!

Yeah, I can sure see why so many of you want to vote him into the Hall b/c of that game! Wow! Gosh, if he only played like that every week, we might hit 17 points each week. It sure makes you long for the Flutie days!

I sure hope we can expect quite a bit more outta Drew this year vs. Philly, Tennessee, N.E. twice, and the Jets twice. If not, then guess what? We're not gonna win too many games v. teams like that by putting up only 1 passing TD vice 2, 3, or 4 INTs.

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I've read that stuff so many times I could give a dissertation on the stats of Drew.

WG
05-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Right! And then you go on to ignore everything, right.

Yeah, yeah...

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 12:07 PM
hey it's your favorite defense again. Glad to see it. Make sure you only read what you what to read again.

Ingtar33
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Guys, what’s the point of starting this thread? So what if Wys doesn't like certain players? Does he start threads attack you? While, I know this is meant to be funny, and truthfully I laughed a little bit, its really rather mean spirited.

Wys wants the Bills to win a super bowl, and is opinionated about how he thinks it should be done. It’s not a crime to dislike Bledsoe as a player, or question the McGahee pick. That’s the whole point of posting on these boards... to debate a team and a sport we all have an unhealthy addiction to.

Patrick76777
05-01-2003, 12:21 PM
I only have one thing to say to that. OSTRICH CLUB FOREVER!!!!!

Dman
05-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Sure, he had 11 fumbles. But 7 of them were in games won and only one cost us the game.

I beg to differ with you here on this stat that you keep tossing out trying to justify TH's fumbling problem.

Henry lost a fumble in the 1st Jets game...we lost

He also lost a fumble in the Denver game..we lost

and again he lost a fumble in the Green Bay game...and again we lost.

That's three lost fumbles in games that we lost...now try to tell me that they didn't impact those games...those drives are alive without his lost fumbles....they we decided by 6, 5 and 10 points respectively..let's do your favorite thing and assume that we would have scored on those drives that he fumbles in...you're assuming that the opponents scored on each and every DB interception.
We win 2 out of the 3 and maybe are in a position to tie or win the GB game.

Dman
05-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Ingtar33...
I would never be mean spirited to WYS...if it appears that way then I'm sorry...
:tailgate:

WG
05-01-2003, 01:45 PM
I know you wouldn't D!!!

Originally posted by Dman

I beg to differ with you here on this stat that you keep tossing out trying to justify TH's fumbling problem.

Henry lost a fumble in the 1st Jets game...we lost

He also lost a fumble in the Denver game..we lost

and again he lost a fumble in the Green Bay game...and again we lost.

That's three lost fumbles in games that we lost...now try to tell me that they didn't impact those games...those drives are alive without his lost fumbles....they we decided by 6, 5 and 10 points respectively..let's do your favorite thing and assume that we would have scored on those drives that he fumbles in...you're assuming that the opponents scored on each and every DB interception.
We win 2 out of the 3 and maybe are in a position to tie or win the GB game.

In that Jets game, Drew had 2 Picks! If I'm not mistaken, we got the ball right back on a 3-and-out after Henry's fumble while Drew's led to Jet TDs! Why does Henry's fumble count as worse than Drew's 2 INTs?

In that G.B. game, similar. Henry's fumble didn't lead to any Pack points! Bledsoe had 4 TOs; 2 INTs and 2 FUMs if I'm not mistaken. One of his INTs set up the only Pack TD at our own 39! Again, why does Henry's 1 single fumble mean worse than Drew's 4 TOs?

The Denver game you are correct as I've pointed out and it was the only game that Henry cost us more than any other player. The worst player in the other 7 losses, I hate to say it, was Drew! Check it out. See where the mistakes and errors were for yourself! I have.

You can deny it all day long. But that's all it is is denial. I just don't think it's fair to blame Henry for losses that Drew caused! Do you? Or the D for that matter! The only reason we beat Miami in Miami was b/c of the D, not b/c of Drew's one big play on the game and nothin' else all game long. Heck, if you want to credit a player, credit Henry for a successful day v. Miami in Miami. Our O put up only 16 points and everyone wants to give the credit to Drew when he did little outside of one lucky play on a defensive coverage breakdown. Lucky for us I'd say.

Earthquake Enyart
05-01-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm mean sprited. I admit it. :snicker:

Dman
05-01-2003, 02:02 PM
I have never suggested that Henry's penchant for laying the ball on the ground is worse than any of Bledsoe's interceptions...all I'm saying is that each and every turnover affects the outcome of a game...ok..so the opponents didn't score in the possessions directly following TH fumbles...but then again...neither did we!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2003, 02:10 PM
"I only have one thing to say to that. OSTRICH CLUB FOREVER!!!!!"

4 LIFE!!!!

Throne Logic
05-01-2003, 04:28 PM
"I like eggs, Howard. I looooooove, eggs . . . "

shelby
05-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I'm mean sprited. I admit it. :snicker:

:spit: