PDA

View Full Version : Who gets an extension first? Edwards or Peters?

Ebenezer
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
What says you? Who should get extended first? After this year they will both have two years left on their respective contracts.

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Trent, Probowl bound.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
QB's are the most important position in football. Easy answer, Edwards.

superbills
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Edwards. Lock him up!

Cntrygal
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
How come THIS isn't a poll (out of all the polls you have posted!)? ;)

EDWARDS.

Peters should give money back.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Both, same time!!

Devin
10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Trent "The Franchise" Edwards.

****ing A right.

Crisis
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
only one of them actually deserves a game check as it stands now.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Edwards.

Ingtar33
10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
we're robbing Trent Edwards right now... what's his rookie contract?

500k a year?

Damn.. what a great pair of drafts those 2006-2007 years were for this team.

DynaPaul
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Dumb question. Of course it's Edwards. He's proven himself. Peters screwed the pooch.

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Before the winds, rain, snow. temps of Nov/Dec... Edwards gets the extension. I'll wait to see the results of the tuff months of NFL!!!

jmb1099
10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Hard to not say Trent right now...
I remember being in games like this knowing we would lose. Now if we're in striking distance, I am to the point of being confident of a win... its been a long time.
Trent extended first, Peter's only gets an extension if he ever decides to play well again

YardRat
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Edwards...

DraftBoy
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Edwards deserves it but you almost have to extend Peters first and here is the reason. You simply promised you would to a guy who at the time was considered to be our offensive franchise player. To go do somebody else first will look like we are going back on our word. It will look bad in the eyes of FA. There is no question Edwards deserves an extension first but I see a lot more negatives if you give it to him first than just by extending Peters quick and then doing Edwards.

bigbub2352
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Sametime both of them and add Jackson, Greer and Bryan

U can trade schobel in the offseason for some cap space, as well as not resign or cut Denney

Mad Bomber
10-19-2008, 08:00 PM
What says you? Who should get extended first? After this year they will both have two years left on their respective contracts.
You're kidding, right Frank?

Peters seems to have shown himself to be a one year wonder.

Trent Edwards, however, has shown himself to be the future of the Bills.

If Peters goes, the effects on the Bills will be negligable. If Edwards goes, the effects on the Bills will be considerable.

Ebenezer
10-19-2008, 09:08 PM

If Peters goes, the effects on the Bills will be negligable. If Edwards goes, the effects on the Bills will be considerable.

I was not kidding...you summed up the exact point I have been trying to make since training camp.

DraftBoy
10-19-2008, 09:16 PM

I strongly disagree with that last statement, as bad as Peters has been at times last year, he is still 1000x better than Kirk Chambers. If Peters go it will not be an easy fix.

Cntrygal
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Edwards deserves it but you almost have to extend Peters first and here is the reason. You simply promised you would to a guy who at the time was considered to be our offensive franchise player. To go do somebody else first will look like we are going back on our word. It will look bad in the eyes of FA. There is no question Edwards deserves an extension first but I see a lot more negatives if you give it to him first than just by extending Peters quick and then doing Edwards.

I disagree.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 06:03 AM
I strongly disagree with that last statement, as bad as Peters has been at times last year, he is still 1000x better than Kirk Chambers. If Peters go it will not be an easy fix.

If I recall correctly Chambers played well the first 2 games. Better than Peters has all year.

DraftBoy
10-20-2008, 07:09 AM
If I recall correctly Chmabers played well the first 2 games. Better than Peters has all year.

Did you watch yesterday's game? Peters was dominant. Chambers was abused over and over again in the first two games. Peters looked like a pro bowler today. Anybody who disagrees either didnt watch the game or just has a bias view towards him because of this past off season.

njsue
10-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Peters

Dr. Lecter
10-20-2008, 08:17 AM
If I recall correctly Chambers played well the first 2 games. Better than Peters has all year.

DraftBoy beat me to it. Peters might have been the best player on the field yesterday.

He also has not been as bad as fans say he has. His mistakes have been at bad times and been glaring no doubt. But overall he has played well.

justasportsfan
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Extend both but Trent would be my priority.

justasportsfan
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Peters
:poop:

Michael82
10-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I think you can extend Peters for a lot cheaper now than what he wanted in the offseason. His value is tanking fast.

Ebenezer
10-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Peters played very well yesterday.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
DraftBoy beat me to it. Peters might have been the best player on the field yesterday.

Who's to say Chambers wouldn't have built on the success he had the first 2 games? Granted Peters played well yesterday, it's about damn time.

There is no doubt about it Trent was the best player on the field yesterday.

BigGabes23
10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
You guys HAVE to be kidding me. Peters is the answer, and it is not close. Did you happen to watch him play yesterday. Peters came back from his hold out and was fat and out of shape. he looked like crap two weeks ago against the Cardinals. But he is finally back in shape and I think only a fool could not see how he was dominate yesterday, and is the gel that holds that line together. YOU ALSO SAID YOU WOULD TAKE CARE OF HIM IF HE CAME BACK TO THE TEAM. Words cannot describe how excited I am to have a real franchise QB back in Buffalo, but the next contact the Bills need to get done is without question Jason Peters.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
The Bills FO promised Peters that they would re-work his contract, and they should keep their word.

Before next season starts, I imagine that both will get contract extensions.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
The Bills FO promised Peters that they would re-work his contract, and they should keep their word.

Did I miss the FO promising Peters?

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Did I miss the FO promising Peters?

Let me backtrack. I don't know if it was a "promise," but I know they are working on it.

Per ESPN.com: "Now that Peters has reported, talks are expected to start for a new contract. Peters, who has three years remaining on his contract, sat out the entire preseason, with the Bills refusing to reopen contract talks with him until he reported."

After Lee Evans got his extension, Chris Brown said that Jason Peters is "next in line."

So, it seems as if an extension is in the works.

Saratoga Slim
10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Did you watch yesterday's game? Peters was dominant. Chambers was abused over and over again in the first two games. Peters looked like a pro bowler today. Anybody who disagrees either didnt watch the game or just has a bias view towards him because of this past off season.

Beat me to it. Peters looked good yesterday in pass protection. I'm holding off on the Pro Bowl ballot for now, but he definately looked more like the Peters we were expecting.

DraftBoy
10-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Who's to say Chambers wouldn't have built on the success he had the first 2 games? Granted Peters played well yesterday, it's about damn time.

There is no doubt about it Trent was the best player on the field yesterday.

What success? He was the same damn Chambers, do you need to go back and re-read the thread about his performances from Week 1?

Peters has played well all along, he just hasnt been in Pro Bowl form we are all used to. His mistakes have been glaring but its been almost 2-3 per game, its not like he is constantly screwing up. And as for yesterday, Trent doesnt have anywhere close to the kind of game he had if Peters is not at top form.

Peters wont be any cheaper either Mike, why would he be? If he maintains his current level, an agent will simply argue (and be right) that his client needed time to prepare. No reason they are even close to thinking pay cut right now.

Saratoga Slim
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM

They should keep their word so long as his play returns to the level at which he deserved an extension. This week was a good start, but I'd be disappointed if we give Peters a fat new contract right now.

I'm not so worried about Edwards--there is 0% chance we let him go anywhere. I don't know or really care when it happens, but he's simply not going to be a FA.

DraftBoy
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Beat me to it. Peters looked good yesterday in pass protection. I'm holding off on the Pro Bowl ballot for now, but he definately looked more like the Peters we were expecting.

Im not saying he is a pro bowler, but he was playing back at that form.

Lexwhat
10-20-2008, 11:28 AM
They should keep their word so long as his play returns to the level at which he deserved an extension. This week was a good start, but I'd be disappointed if we give Peters a fat new contract right now.

I'm not so worried about Edwards--there is 0% chance we let him go anywhere. I don't know or really care when it happens, but he's simply not going to be a FA.

I hate breaking the bank for anyone, but I just want Peters to be paid fair market value. I don't know what that number is, but I know it's gonna be ugly.

As far as timetables go, it would be nice to do it sometime this year, so that a large salary cap hit can be applied to this year's cap. This would give us more cap room for future years.

You're right about Trent. There's no chance he's leaving.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 12:19 PM
What success? He was the same damn Chambers, do you need to go back and re-read the thread about his performances from Week 1?

Yes, please take me back. I went back and read some of the stuff people posted on this message board about Chambers the first 2 weeks and it was all good. Also watching the games with my own eyes I can see that Chambers played well the first 2 games and the offense did not miss a beat without Peters being in there.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Peters has played well all along, he just hasnt been in Pro Bowl form we are all used to.

:lmao:

Dr. Lecter
10-20-2008, 12:21 PM
:lmao:

DraftBoy is correct. He made mistakes, and they were big ones, but overall he was playing well.

You can pick up on these things by paying attention to the entire game and not just one or two plays or highlights/lowlights.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
And as for yesterday, Trent doesnt have anywhere close to the kind of game he had if Peters is not at top form.

Really? Based on Peters missing the first game, parts of the 2nd game and Trent playing well, I'd have to say your opinion is :bs:

jimbohastle51
10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
i really dont think it matters cause they will both get done top priority. trent is garunteed if his play stays up, that is a given. no team has ever just let a franchise QB walk for no reason. its not like we are the chargers and have phillip rivers in the wings LOL!LOL!LOL!

Michael82
10-20-2008, 12:31 PM
How about C. None of the above?

I believe that Dick Jauron will get a new contract extension first and he should. He has this team playing hard every time and he always has them prepared.

Ebenezer
10-20-2008, 12:32 PM
i really dont think it matters cause they will both get done top priority. trent is garunteed if his play stays up, that is a given. no team has ever just let a franchise QB walk for no reason. its not like we are the chargers and have phillip rivers in the wings LOL!LOL!LOL!
I think you close...Peters will be easier because he will not make the pro bowl and the Bills will basically offer him a raise, a bonus and incentives...TE will take longer because of the way the contract will be structured and that he has two years on his deal...however, if he leads this team to a playoff victory and makes the Probowl (not an accurate gauge but...) it will cost RW some heavy change.

tat2dmike77
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
No question about it Edwards

Peters keeps making stupid penalties and is making all of us say thank god the bills didn't cave in.

tat2dmike77
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
This is off topic

DR L i love the quote in your sig.

I told that to my G/F and she said WHAT!!!!!! What kind of moron would say that? She went on to say that makes no freaking sense.

Mind you she is not a big football fan but she does watch it every now and then.

Just thought i would share that with everyone.