PDA

View Full Version : Beast of the AFC East Draft Review- New England Patriots

Ingtar33
05-01-2003, 09:03 AM
The NE patriots came into this draft with a huge number of picks, and BB careful managed those picks in this talent thin draft to spawn more for next year's more promising class. Thanks to BB's maneuvering the Pats were able to pick up both good depth at their need positions, and get an additional 1st and 2nd round pick for next seasons draft. Not to shabby. About the only major blemish was the highway robbery the Bears pulled to force the Pats to trade up to 13 to nab Ty Warren, a guy who really was more deserving of a 20-25 pick than a 13, as he has motivational problems. Not a bad job overall, and if I were considering trades for future picks I would have given the Patriots an overall grade of an A. But on the whole, I think this was an average draft at best, with the talent taken. Draft Grade: B
Read the rest here... (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=5&nid=4992)

Earthquake Enyart
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Kliff Kingsbury has small hands. :snicker:

Ingtar33
05-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Dink and Dunker, with a shabby long ball and questionable mechanics. He has very small hands, and has problems keeping a tight spiral on the football. Throws with a partial sidearm delivery, which further negates his height, and I doubt he has enough accuracy to play in the NFL. The pats need depth at QB, and lucky for them he should fit their system well

The funny thing is, if you remove the name, you have problems telling which Pats qb I'm talking about ;)

Dicknoze69
05-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Ingtar, do you think the Pats took Bethel Johnson too early?

Would he have been available in the 3rd round?

Ingtar33
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
nah... that speed, if they don't take him the raiders do.