PDA

View Full Version : DeWayne Robertson talks on joining the Jets

Gunzlingr
05-01-2003, 09:06 AM
The Jets thought so highly of defensive tackle DeWayne Robertson they traded two first round picks to move up into position to draft him. He addressed the media and shared some thoughts on being a member of the Jets.

What is it like to be in New York to play here?

It will be a great experience. I've never been to a big city like this. I think it will be a great opportunity for me to come in and be a part of this program.

Are you excited to come into this defense?

Yeah, I heard a lot about this defense and I'm looking forward to playing because of the style that (defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell) plays. It's like the Tampa Bay defense. That's the type of defense that I like - that aggressive defense.

What was your reaction to the fan's reaction at the draft? It seemed favorable, and there has been a lot of booing over the years. What was your reaction to the passion they showed?

It was great. I heard the stories that the fans might boo you if they don't like you. I guess they liked me because they went crazy when they called my name.

What do you think your best attributes are?

You might have a defensive lineman that can only pass rush or is just good at stopping the run. I believe I'm good at both of them. I just love the game.

Did you have any (inclination) that when the trade went down yesterday that you were the reason why the team traded up?

No, not at all.

MORE (http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/printPost.cgi?category=whatitsworth&at=musings1.shtml)