PDA

View Full Version : Trent Said What I Wanted to Say

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Trent Dilfer that is.

He said from his own concussion experience that the first time you come back, no matter how clear you feel or whatever the doctor says, you always mis-read something. And he marveled at how sharp Edwards was the entire game. He ended up saying Edwards will be a force to be reckoned with in NFL for a long, long time.

Now that was my concern for him to come back from the concussion in Arizona. I'm glad he's coming through in flying colors. In helps that the pass protection was good today and the weather was perfect.

On a unrelated subject, Donte Witner said something about Edwards that disturned me:

"Trent is playing as well or better than any quarterback in this league right now," said safety Donte Whitner, "as far as getting the ball out, not turning the ball over and being efficient with what he's doing.

"I'm very confident in Trent. In the past it was tough because you didn't know exactly what you were going to get from the offense. You didn't know if you were going to get points, so you almost had to play perfect on the defense side of the ball. And once you try to play perfect, you make mistakes.

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that.

I'm sorry Donte. As a team leader, you should not openly throw one of your teamates under the bus. That highlighed portion is, to me as clear as a cloudless sky, a jab at JP Losman. The last time I checked, you and the defense laid a big egg in Arizona, not the backup quarterback.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1175681--><!-- THE POST -->

T-Long
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I agree with him. Losman blows

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Reality can be punch in the head.

billsburgh
10-19-2008, 08:43 PM
It's hard to disagree with anything Donte said there, but you're right, he should never make comments like that to the media

Mr. Pink
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
It's about freakin time someone on the team called a spade a spade and went out and told it like it is. JP is garbage, the team knows it and plays differently when Trent is out there.

Why?

Whitner admitted it, more confidence.

Yet some people on this board refuse to accept this and will argue against it or say that the other guy who, even his own teammates are publicly saying they have no confidence in, had a 1-O-whatever rating and played well 2 weeks ago.

Is the message getting clearer yet apologists?

Mr. Pink
10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
It's hard to disagree with anything Donte said there, but you're right, he should never make comments like that to the media

Why not?

I'm sure the entire team agrees with him. It shows in their play.

yordad
10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree with him. Losman blowsDo you also believe we won in Arizona?

trapezeus
10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
i said what whitner said after the cardinals game and justa said that i had no idea what i'm talking about. but he literally said two things that i have said about the JP stewardship.

1. the defense plays worse because they want to play perfect and they want to score points
2. overall the defense thinks JP is worthless.

The praise the team gives to trent is exactly what they find lacking in Losman. To that extent its worthless to keep JP on the team.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Do you also believe we won in Arizona?

I believe in Arizona we saw the final nail in the coffin of JPs NFL career.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
i said what whitner said after the cardinals game and justa said that i had no idea what i'm talking about. but he literally said two things that i have said about the JP stewardship.

1. the defense plays worse because they want to play perfect and they want to score points
2. overall the defense thinks JP is worthless.

The praise the team gives to trent is exactly what they find lacking in Losman. To that extent its worthless to keep JP on the team.

Trap, I believe you even said that last year. I know I did.

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM

Donte is the most honest person that I have heard speak to the media. At least he isn't talking about himself or getting the freaking ball more (after getting it a majority of the time).

The back-up isn't as good as the starter, wow who would of thought?

trapezeus
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM

i believe that the lions could be interested in losman. they'll draft a qb and they won't go back to kitna, so they may toss losman the "compete to be a starter" and give the new guy a chance

also the chiefs could get JP and i woould hope Tony G had to finish his career catching high short passes from JP.

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 08:54 PM

What career? His self-proclaimed HOF Career?

You make the hall of fame because of your actions and not your words.

Mitchell55
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Donte is the most honest person that I have heard speak to the media. At least he isn't talking about himself or getting the freaking ball more (after getting it a majority of the time).

The back-up isn't as good as the starter, wow who would of thought?

Yep, im happy our SS isnt complaining about not getting the ball more :D: