PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren & Eugene Wilson speak on being Pats

Gunzlingr
05-01-2003, 09:07 AM
The New England Patriots chose to focus on the defensive side of the ball early in the draft. They selected Ty Warren of Texas A & M in the first round and added cornerback Eugene Wilson of Illinois in round two. Both Warren and Wilson shared their views with the media on joining the Pats.

TY WARREN

When you came up to New England and met with the coaching staff, can you talk about where they felt you would fit with the team? Over the middle, 3-4?

I played the same defense at Texas A&M and I guess I fit their mold of defense that they play.

What are your thoughts, are you surprised to be selected by the Patriots?

Yeah, I wasn't too big on what was said prior to the draft. I am very confident in my abilities to go out there and play to the best of my ability. I think it is a great place with great tradition that I am glad to be a part of.

Did you have a high ankle sprain during the season? When was that and how much did it affect your play?

It is fine now.

There were a lot of teams that were interested in defensive tackles how much of that priority on DTs help your cause and help New England select you?

There's a lot of talent in the draft this year at defensive line. I consider myself one of the best ones in there. There's a lot of talent and they needed some depth at defensive line. Right now it is a hot commodity.

MORE (http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/printPost.cgi?category=hotandnot&at=hotandnot1.shtml)