PDA

View Full Version : Besides Peters and Edwards....

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2008, 10:33 PM
It is time to extend Jauron's deal. He is a FA at the end of the season.
Get him done and then those two. Unless there is a total collapse, he will have earned it. Hell, at this pace he will only lose out to Mike Smith for Coach of the year.

Get it done Ralph! Free the moths and open your wallet!

Mitchy moo
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
The corpse needs a raise.

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 10:45 PM
No, that would be a mistake. Let the season play out or wait until later in the season...it's way too early.

Lexwhat
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Is there any doubt that Fred Jackson needs to be re-signed as well?

gr8slayer
10-19-2008, 10:50 PM
It is time to extend Jauron's deal. He is a FA at the end of the season.
Get him done and then those two. Unless there is a total collapse, he will have earned it. Hell, at this pace he will only lose out to Mike Smith for Coach of the year.

Get it done Ralph! Free the moths and open your wallet!
Absolutely....

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
No, that would be a mistake. Let the season play out or wait until later in the season...it's way too early.

Scary proposition with the possibility of up to ten jobs opening up after the season and Dick's contract expiring.

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Scary proposition with the possibility of up to ten jobs opening up after the season and Dick's contract expiring.

We are 6 games in! Let me remind you that Detroit was 6-2 last year, should they have extended Millen then? I'm just saying, relax and enjoy the ride...don't get ahead of yourself.

Oaf
10-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Man, someone is pleased after this game.

:gobills:

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Man, someone is pleased after this game.

:gobills:

It's OK, it's fun to be something again in the NFL and being 5-1 is great.

Coach Sal
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM

So, at what point do you finally say, "OK, it's time to give him an extension?"

How many games in and at what record?

The longer you wait, the more wins the team has, the higher the price goes. It simply comes down to whether or not you're convinced he's the guy you feel good about leading this group of players forward - most of whom are young and locked up for several more years.

I know you're not. But most of us are. I was after LAST year, after he won 7 games with a very young, inexperienced team that had 17 players on IR.

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
We are 6 games in! Let me remind you that Detroit was 6-2 last year, should they have extended Millen then? I'm just saying, relax and enjoy the ride...don't get ahead of yourself.

Difference is (for one) Jauron's deal is expiring.

And Millen should have been fired 5 years ago.

gr8slayer
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Are you seriously comparing the Bills to the Lions? I know I give Wilson a lot of crap but he's no where near as bad as Ford and Co. This team has had a few years of glory since it's introduction to the football world. The Lions have been THE laughing stock of the league since day one and that tradition continues.

Point is, Jauron has taken a team that has not made the playoffs in almost a decade and he has managed to turn it around in less than three seasons. He's put up with bad talent, bad coaching, bad ownership (to a point), etc..... and he has turned this ship completely around. He has clearly earned his money and deserves to be paid like one of the better coaches in the league.

I am in no way saying that Jauron is the best, or one of the best coaches in the NFL. What I'm saying is that he's easily earned himself at least two or three more seasons in Buffalo. If he's done this in three years I can't wait to see what he can do with four, five, six, seven, etc..... and now it LOOKS LIKE he has a real QB, the #1 thing every successful team needs.

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 11:16 PM

The longer you wait, the more wins the team has, the higher the price goes. It simply comes down to whether or not you're convinced he's the guy you feel good about leading this group of players forward - most of whom are young and locked up for several more years.

I know you're not. But most of us are. I was after LAST year, after he won 7 games with a very young, inexperienced team that had 17 players on IR.

All I'm saying is that the guy has one winning season in his career and he has started out this season very good. However, why does a 5-1 start erase all of the bad things he's done in his career that holds more weight then a month and a half of a season? I'm being logical...and looking at the entire picture. If he takes this team to the playoffs, then yes, extend him...until that happens, no...I wouldn't give him an extension.

gr8slayer
10-19-2008, 11:18 PM
All I'm saying is that the guy has one winning season in his career and he has started out this season very good. However, why does a 5-1 start erase all of the bad things he's done in his career that holds more weight then a month and a half of a season? I'm being logical...and looking at the entire picture. If he takes this team to the playoffs, then yes, extend him...until that happens, no...I wouldn't give him an extension.
You're being irrational. If you were truly looking at the "big picture" you'd recognize that this team has gotten better each year that Jauron has been here and is currently one of the better teams in the NFL (record-wise.)

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 11:21 PM
You're being irrational. If you were truly looking at the "big picture" you'd recognize that this team has gotten better each year that Jauron has been here and is currently one of the better teams in the NFL (record-wise.)

No, I'm not. Again, we are 6 games in...show me throughout this year and then I'm OK with extending him. I'm sorry, but a coach who has 1 winning season in his career does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Nobody thinking rationally would.

gr8slayer
10-19-2008, 11:29 PM
No, I'm not. Again, we are 6 games in...show me throughout this year and then I'm OK with extending him. I'm sorry, but a coach who has 1 winning season in his career does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Nobody thinking rationally would.
So we're two games from matching our win total from last year and we're not even half way done with the season. It's not a far reach to say that we'll likely surpass our win total from last year meaning that we will have improved yet again on our previous season. I'm can honestly say that I don't understand where you're coming from.

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
So we're two games from matching our win total from last year and we're not even half way done with the season. It's not a far reach to say that we'll likely surpass our win total from last year meaning that we will have improved yet again on our previous season. I'm can honestly say that I don't understand where you're coming from.

It really doesn't matter if you agree with me, neither of us or anybody on this board hold the power to do anything about it. We agree to disagree...you have your opinion and I have mine.

Lexwhat
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Either way, I'm not worried about Jauron leaving. Think about the type of guy he is. Would he really leave the Bills and go to another team if the Bills offer him an extension? I doubt it.

He helped create stability here, and has built a good rapport with the staff and players. Why would he go to another team and start all over?

If the Bills want to extend Jauron, he'll be here.

Ingtar33
10-19-2008, 11:37 PM

that lions team was dead last in just about every statistical category on defense and special teams.

no one thought they were for real except kitna

trapezeus
10-19-2008, 11:58 PM
i think jauron has put a lot of time in with the bills and finally is seeing the fruits of his labor. he isn't going to walk for a higher contract. at his age, he probably wants to see some more time with what he has worked with.

also with marv stepping down, he essentially has GM like power on player personel choice. something he would probably miss on another team.

I think if ralph sits down with him next year, they get it sorted out where both parties are happy. no need to rush to sign him. jauron isn't a money first player type. he's an old school coach. he wants his just paymentment, but he isn't going to walk to a higher bidder with a start from scratch approach. esspecially if he gets these guys into the playoffs.

BillsWin
10-20-2008, 12:00 AM
The Bills Org. wont let Jauron leave. He will coach the Bills for a long time.

alohabillsfan
10-20-2008, 04:49 AM
( for the nay-sayers) Look at it this way, How confident are you that we will be even better next year, say one teir 1 free agent and another solid draft. How would you feel if Jauron walks and the FO promotes from within or hires another coach? Do we blow it up with a new offense etc... Screw that, Jauron signs 4 year extention...

DraftBoy
10-20-2008, 07:12 AM
I have no issue with extending him, he deserves a new deal.

shelby
10-20-2008, 08:10 AM
i think Jauron has proven he can get the job done, and Ralph likes him.
i'm sure they'll extend his contract.

Nighthawk
10-20-2008, 08:11 AM
i think Jauron has proven he can get the job done, and Ralph likes him.
i'm sure they'll extend his contract.

No doubt, but no reason to do it before we actually get to the playoffs.

shelby
10-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Valid point, though waiting could end up costing more money.

Nighthawk
10-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Valid point, though waiting could end up costing more money.

Understood, but let him actually accomplish something before giving him the extension...that's all I'm asking.

BillsOverDolphins
10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Although I still have many reservations about him, the think that most impresses me about DJ is the respect his players have for him...Last year we had another terrible start and had 17 players on IR and the team still never gave up on him. He gets the most out of his players w/o having to be a "hard-ass."

BillsOverDolphins
10-20-2008, 08:19 AM

stole my thunder...good post